R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-26-2008, 02:56 AM   #10006
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Bugger i just bought the rear roll bar set up for $20 but if it doesn't work out some how i might try it. What's the part number for that front alloy bulk head brace, the one the top arms are joined to and the carbon brace under it.

Is that called the "speedshot bulkhead brace", pardon my stupid question i'm only catching up to the G4s now

I just ordered the speed shot do i need that alloy piece aswell or will it come with it? I'm sure there will be more stupid questions comming as i'm trying to put together a 1/3 G4s, 1/3 G4rs and 1/3 G4+ so it will be interesting how it turns out. I'm hoping it will be the "super G4"
i dont think the alum speedshot bracket is being sold as a single item.
it only comes as a set in K14124 i believe.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:37 AM   #10007
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Bugger i just bought the rear roll bar set up for $20 but if it doesn't work out some how i might try it. What's the part number for that front alloy bulk head brace, the one the top arms are joined to and the carbon brace under it.

Is that called the "speedshot bulkhead brace", pardon my stupid question i'm only catching up to the G4s now

I just ordered the speed shot do i need that alloy piece aswell or will it come with it? I'm sure there will be more stupid questions comming as i'm trying to put together a 1/3 G4s, 1/3 G4rs and 1/3 G4+ so it will be interesting how it turns out. I'm hoping it will be the "super G4"
the aluminium brace comes with the speedshot unless you get the rs speedshot and then I am certain it is the plastic brace, the rear sway bar for the rs and G4+ will work with a G4S but you need to upgrade your rear bulkheads and and rear carbon brace for it to fit.
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:25 AM   #10008
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

Quote:

Alu. bracket is included in the kit. Speedshot makes front of the car very stiff which is perfect for high grip track... For low traction tracks there is plastic speedshot bracket as an option....

hope this helps..

Asil
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:52 AM   #10009
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
the aluminium brace comes with the speedshot unless you get the rs speedshot and then I am certain it is the plastic brace, the rear sway bar for the rs and G4+ will work with a G4S but you need to upgrade your rear bulkheads and and rear carbon brace for it to fit.
cheers
to add:
S can use the + rear parts but not the RS rear parts...
S and + chassis is similar/same but different for the RS for the rear.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:27 AM   #10010
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
to add:
S can use the + rear parts but not the RS rear parts...
S and + chassis is similar/same but different for the RS for the rear.
the S can use all rear end parts apart from the rear back plate. it is different from teh RS to S. so all arms, shock brackets and towers all fit. just not the back plate. if one was to use the RS chassis, then you would have to use the RS back plate, and shorten the rear lower hinge pins.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #10011
Tech Elite

thats a very colourfull G4S Razzor.
how do you find the quick release hubs ? unfortunatley our rules here in AU do not allow the use of quick release wheels for sanctioned events. thats why i never tried them on my G4+. they do look nice though, the black rim looks good around the track.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #10012
Tech Addict

do the 2 posts sticking out behind serve any purpose?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:08 AM   #10013
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
do the 2 posts sticking out behind serve any purpose?
they prevent the body tucking under the rear wheels on a rear impact.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #10014
Tech Elite

Correct they prevent the body tucking in at teh back when rear ended. A tip i got from darren Johnson.

Patto the quick release has been awesome, no issues.
The tyres have been great on wear and traction and i have been using the harder shores with great results.
Rims have been very durable with just a occasional one getting warped from off track excursions
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #10015
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post
oops, i thought G4+ is using K14124 set...
In entire world, only my G4 have full options.

blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #10016
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

That is the hottest car i have ever seen blee, i love it.

I'm sorry if i've confused anyone as much as i have myself about this front speedshot but every other G4 i have has the old nylon single piece braket. The part numbers i just bought are K14124-6 and K14124-8. I can see K14124-6, the nylon piece but what part is K14124-8?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #10017
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
cheers
Well it looks like i'm up for a bit of a challenge then

Does anyone have the G4rs manual that they could email me?
I think it might help with the build
Old 09-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #10018
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well it looks like i'm up for a bit of a challenge then

Does anyone have the G4rs manual that they could email me?
I think it might help with the build
go to the TM website. download the exploded view, it shows where everything is goes and by part number. then download the parts list, and look up the part number and it tells you what it is. i had to do this when i got the RS chassis and upgraded my G4S. its a slow way of doing it, but you then know what part numbers you need.
as for the post in the G4S thread, the part number you refer to is the aluminium brace . the plastic one is the -6 the -8 is the alloy one. same thing, but the alloy one uses the end screw to lever the alloy in an accident, and it will open up , then you will have slop in the top arms. youwill have to fill in the holes in the brace with epoxy or i think they even come with carbon inserts, to strengthen them.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #10019
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
go to the TM website. download the exploded view, it shows where everything is goes and by part number. then download the parts list, and look up the part number and it tells you what it is. i had to do this when i got the RS chassis and upgraded my G4S. its a slow way of doing it, but you then know what part numbers you need.
as for the post in the G4S thread, the part number you refer to is the aluminium brace . the plastic one is the -6 the -8 is the alloy one. same thing, but the alloy one uses the end screw to lever the alloy in an accident, and it will open up , then you will have slop in the top arms. youwill have to fill in the holes in the brace with epoxy or i think they even come with carbon inserts, to strengthen them.
Thanks mate. Is this the only part i need to finish off the front end on top of the bulkheads, at the moment i just have the bulkheads. Will i be able to put them on a G4+ chassis, i just haven't had the time to check it out yet myself?
Thanks for all the help Pattojnr your input is always good
Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #10020
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Hey Paul are you thinking about coming back to TM? also you going to the nationals in Brissy?a guy at our track is running his mugen/nova his name is Michael and is quick, I just couldnt get the time to go but next time for sure!
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote