R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #9976
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guy if anyone is interested I have a heap of ed clutch gears a g4s chassis and other parts listed on ebay item #130255962731
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #9977
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post
ya...clutch slipping sure sounds different.

in order to confirm; check the inner of yr clutch bell where the shoe hits; if it's shiny it's slipping!
it should still have the clutch bell color if it's not slipping.
Not necessarily true !!!
Start with teh spring pressure minimum pressure and adjust 1/4 turn at a time and when you feel the car is not pulling well and sounds kike its reving but not pulling you back it of 1/4 to 1/2 a turn.
Also if you hold the car on teh ground and blip the throttle the car must want to pull out of your hands and not rev up as it pulls while holding it.

Hard to explain but if you take some time to experiment and try it you will figure out what i am saying.

As for the shoe in the pic above you can file that ridge on the shoe down and it will be ok to run, just check it and file ridge when it gets high.
The bell issmaller than the shoe diameter, alternative is see if you can file or sand paper down the shoe diameter.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #9978
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
Not necessarily true !!!
Start with teh spring pressure minimum pressure and adjust 1/4 turn at a time and when you feel the car is not pulling well and sounds kike its reving but not pulling you back it of 1/4 to 1/2 a turn.
Also if you hold the car on teh ground and blip the throttle the car must want to pull out of your hands and not rev up as it pulls while holding it.

Hard to explain but if you take some time to experiment and try it you will figure out what i am saying.

As for the shoe in the pic above you can file that ridge on the shoe down and it will be ok to run, just check it and file ridge when it gets high.
The bell issmaller than the shoe diameter, alternative is see if you can file or sand paper down the shoe diameter.
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #9979
Tech Addict
 
NitroWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 622
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
Not necessarily true !!!
Start with teh spring pressure minimum pressure and adjust 1/4 turn at a time and when you feel the car is not pulling well and sounds kike its reving but not pulling you back it of 1/4 to 1/2 a turn.
Also if you hold the car on teh ground and blip the throttle the car must want to pull out of your hands and not rev up as it pulls while holding it.

Hard to explain but if you take some time to experiment and try it you will figure out what i am saying.

As for the shoe in the pic above you can file that ridge on the shoe down and it will be ok to run, just check it and file ridge when it gets high.
The bell issmaller than the shoe diameter, alternative is see if you can file or sand paper down the shoe diameter.
you mean that yr clutch can be slipping but the bell inner part remains the same? usually it'll be shiny for slipping clutches right?

for the shoe issue, ya i did think of sanding the step down but maybe i'll be trying UFO1 shoe in UFO2 set since UFO1 shoe seems to fit the bell better!
__________________
* Earth's fate depends on what we do TODAY... *
+ Earth got all the time in the world; but we DON'T... +
NitroWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:07 AM   #9980
Tech Regular
 
jameslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere?????
Posts: 381
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

anyone got problem with their g4rs alum clamp wheel hub? i got it out new from the box n found that the screw provided cannot screw in the hub... the head or the screw is too big! Any idea? Thanks!
jameslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:36 AM   #9981
Tech Adept
 
mytoda5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 164
Default

clutch slipping sound like spur is damage..or..should be the like this..the car suddenly like free gear..hehe..rite or not?..
__________________
dsm n 2.4ghz....kalu ariel panjang sejengkal..jangan diduga track 400m..
mytoda5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:41 AM   #9982
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslow View Post
anyone got problem with their g4rs alum clamp wheel hub? i got it out new from the box n found that the screw provided cannot screw in the hub... the head or the screw is too big! Any idea? Thanks!
Easy fix -

Dremel the head of the screw down a little - if you haven't got a dremel, put the threaded part of the screw in a drill and hold some sand paper onto the head ( had to do it on my cars)
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 AM   #9983
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

hey guys can anyone confirm before I buy that the WC front kit only will fit the RS chassis???
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #9984
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post
you mean that yr clutch can be slipping but the bell inner part remains the same? usually it'll be shiny for slipping clutches right?

for the shoe issue, ya i did think of sanding the step down but maybe i'll be trying UFO1 shoe in UFO2 set since UFO1 shoe seems to fit the bell better!
The clutch bell will get shiny from the shoe engaging with it and not only if its slipping.
Slipping will cause the shoe to get glazed/shiny but that you can just use a pot scourer to deglaze.
Keep you clutch gap between .5mm - .7mm this will help keep it more consistent with the .5mm a bit smoother on its engagement and the .7mm being a bit more punchy/aggressive.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #9985
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

can someone help me with the team magic spring colors? I can't seem to find anything that tells me what color corresponds with what diameter.

thanks!
nc racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:43 AM   #9986
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...04151803-71346

this should help.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #9987
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
hey guys can anyone confirm before I buy that the WC front kit only will fit the RS chassis???
cheers
Yes...it does work on the front. And front only...the WC front kit use the G4RS lower bulkhead and G4RS lower front bumper plate, that means it will fit the WC chassis AND/OR the RS chassis.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #9988
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Been cleaning out my document files and came across this that i misplaced.
Got this on the G4S thread a while ago but relevant to any of the G4 clutches.

__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #9989
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Thanx razzor i was always under the impression that it was the other way around

ie: clutch gap was behind the bell and the end play was the gap at the end of the bell and the retaining screw.

No wonder i have trouble understanding and setting up clutches


Also, i have a G4s but i want to use the RS rear end because the sway bar works better. What parts will i need to convert it over. I know the bulkheads are different as there are no grooves for the sway bar to sit in under the carbon brake brace. If anyone wants to get rid of any of the parts i will need feel free to PM me with details.
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.

Last edited by freestyles; 09-24-2008 at 04:07 PM.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #9990
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Thanx razzor i was always under the impression that it was the other way around

ie: clutch gap was behind the bell and the end play was the gap at the end of the bell and the retaining screw.

No wonder i have trouble understanding and setting up clutches


Also, i have a G4s but i want to use the RS rear end because the sway bar works better. What parts will i need to convert it over. I know the bulkheads are different as there are no grooves for the sway bar to sit in under the carbon brake brace. If anyone wants to get rid of any of the parts i will need feel free to PM me with details.
Hey freestyles,

I have an 'S' and use the RS rear sway bar.
All you need are the Baulkheads and the rear arms from the RS for it to work.
Natrually you will need to have the Sway bar and fittings.

On the clutch setting up. Just ensure when all is assembled that you have "some" end play to your clutch bell! Some run more then others. But make sure there is "some" movement!! Otherwise you will blow up your thrust bearing VERY quickly!!

British Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net