R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #9631
Tech Addict
 
PrimeAKF11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Voorhees, NJ
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default



Best of luck!!! Nice to see such a team of great drivers under the TM banner.
PrimeAKF11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #9632
Tech Regular
 
Omarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
hey guys your not going to believe how much the wc upgrades are, at these prices who wants the upgrade?I was about to order but now have thought twice about it.
K14145 G4 WC Upgrade Kit US$234
K14145-1 G4 WC Upgrade Kit (front) US$58
K14145-2 G4 WC Upgrade Kit (rear) US$189
cheers
they do look very cool though ... very tempted to purchase the K14145 from RCSHOPPING ....

do u guys reckon its worth it performance wise or is it just bling bling ?
Omarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #9633
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarko View Post
they do look very cool though ... very tempted to purchase the K14145 from RCSHOPPING ....

do u guys reckon its worth it performance wise or is it just bling bling ?
Performance & Bling
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #9634
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

well, the new strengthen 3mm chassis is what i need...do they sell it separately?

i suppose the chassis will be included in the upgrade for the rear?
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #9635
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default wheel spin...

hi guys,
if yr car experiences wheel spin during acceleration (not from standstill)...what're the possible causes?

my clutch gap is 0.4mm and my clutch spring setting is visible with a single thread on the nut; using TM yellow spring.
ED transmission using 16/21 and 50/45...
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #9636
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

rear wheel spin I gathered how about try to stiffen the front and or soften the rear to give you better bite, try softer springs in the rear and play around with your droop. I run a front softer tyre in the front and go 6.5mm front and 6.0mm rear chassis height this has made the car so much more drivable the rear just feels so much better. see how you go
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
hi guys,
if yr car experiences wheel spin during acceleration (not from standstill)...what're the possible causes?

my clutch gap is 0.4mm and my clutch spring setting is visible with a single thread on the nut; using TM yellow spring.
ED transmission using 16/21 and 50/45...
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #9637
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
hi guys,
if yr car experiences wheel spin during acceleration (not from standstill)...what're the possible causes?

my clutch gap is 0.4mm and my clutch spring setting is visible with a single thread on the nut; using TM yellow spring.
ED transmission using 16/21 and 50/45...
How many weights are you using ?......what type of shoe?

I would have thought 16/50 should just about kill all the wheel spin...
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:10 AM   #9638
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
rear wheel spin I gathered how about try to stiffen the front and or soften the rear to give you better bite, try softer springs in the rear and play around with your droop. I run a front softer tyre in the front and go 6.5mm front and 6.0mm rear chassis height this has made the car so much more drivable the rear just feels so much better. see how you go
cheers
well...if i make the rear softer or stiffen the frt, the car will push more...understeering.
i'm running a frt spool and rear diff of 20k.
frt droop of 1 and rear droop of 3.
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:14 AM   #9639
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
How many weights are you using ?......what type of shoe?

I would have thought 16/50 should just about kill all the wheel spin...
i'm still using the stock UFO2 weights and shoe...
track here is about medium to low traction.
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:01 AM   #9640
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
i'm still using the stock UFO2 weights and shoe...
track here is about medium to low traction.
even on low to med traction , i always used the black spring, with no weights. clutch gap of 0.4 is what i was using.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:45 AM   #9641
Tech Addict
 
NitroWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 622
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
even on low to med traction , i always used the black spring, with no weights. clutch gap of 0.4 is what i was using.

if not able to get power to the ground; isn't it the engagement too hard/harsh and we should soften the engagement?
__________________
* Earth's fate depends on what we do TODAY... *
+ Earth got all the time in the world; but we DON'T... +
NitroWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:58 AM   #9642
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post

if not able to get power to the ground; isn't it the engagement too hard/harsh and we should soften the engagement?
car setup is also important. diff oils and most important, throttle Finger.
a clutch wont be effective if just grabbing the throttle. ease it on then the clutch will function smoothly rather than just on.
the black spring is hard, and i tightened to just see 1 thread . so not alot of preload on the spring, the no weights in the shoes make it lighter, so yes it will engage later, but also with out weight behind it. so it wont be as snappy.
hard spring and light weights. then adjust the spring as required. low traction 10K diff oil , and the rest is roll centers and springs. good luck.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:00 AM   #9643
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

yep thats right if you go the black spring and about flush on the round nut no weights will allow the engine to engage later at a higher rpm that should fix the early hard engagement and hopefully stop the wheel spin.
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post

if not able to get power to the ground; isn't it the engagement too hard/harsh and we should soften the engagement?
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:03 AM   #9644
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
car setup is also important. diff oils and most important, throttle Finger.
a clutch wont be effective if just grabbing the throttle. ease it on then the clutch will function smoothly rather than just on.
the black spring is hard, and i tightened to just see 1 thread . so not alot of preload on the spring, the no weights in the shoes make it lighter, so yes it will engage later, but also with out weight behind it. so it wont be as snappy.
hard spring and light weights. then adjust the spring as required. low traction 10K diff oil , and the rest is roll centers and springs. good luck.
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:14 AM   #9645
Tech Addict
 
NitroWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 622
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
yep thats right if you go the black spring and about flush on the round nut no weights will allow the engine to engage later at a higher rpm that should fix the early hard engagement and hopefully stop the wheel spin.
cheers
ok, now i understand regarding the hard spring and no weights but to engage at higher rpm?

won't engaging at higher rpm produce more wheelspin?
__________________
* Earth's fate depends on what we do TODAY... *
+ Earth got all the time in the world; but we DON'T... +
NitroWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:20 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net