R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #946
Tech Elite

Like to know if roll out chart and gear ratio chart of G4 on www.gearmachine.net
is applicable to G4S ???
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:59 PM   #947
Tech Adept

The gear ratios match what is in the G4S instruction manual.
BimmerDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:24 PM   #948
Tech Adept

When are the K1410-8 Yellow clutch springs going to be available? My shop has been trying to get me one for over 3 weeks now. I wanna race this thing!!
Old 04-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #949
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They are available and have been for a week or 2. I believe we sent one to winners circle for you a last week,(4/10) I am sure they will have it if you check with them after the holiday weekend. we were back ordered on those for a short while but we filled BO shortages to the dealers who had requested them. Just out of curiosity why are you in need of the yellow one? the yellow one is stiffer than you will need. 90 % of the time we all use the orange one. We have those to plenty of them.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #950
Tech Adept

I wanted the yellow one because all of the setups I've read here said to use the yellow one.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:39 PM   #951
Tech Elite

I am currently waiting for my kit to arrive and have been following this thread for last 2 months.
Have to say its awesome to see guys share info and collaborate like this
It makes a person feel confident in buying the product.
I am going to be distributing TM in South Africa and will be recommending this forum, thread as well as as the boys in the UK on 3HOBBY
Motorman 2 thumbs up to you and your team for setting a great example of what this sport should be about !!!
To all contributing members ,thanks !!!

Thanks BimmerDriver ,thats good to know.
Still speculating what engine to put in my G4S , toss up between STS D12R/T,Axe Motor Rossi 173R12 X3 or Mega ZX12.
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:19 PM   #952
Tech Regular

Welcome aboard ! I think you will find the people at TM, and the owners of G4's across the world to be an excellent group. Becoming a distributor for TM is also an excellent move. I can tell you as a dealer how happy I am to represent TM and meet the G4 owners across the country. It is truly fun!

You will be amazed when you receive your G4S. Unbelievable packaging and a great car inside. Get that thing put together quickly and get it on the track soon!

Have Fun!

Sam
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #953
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
I am currently waiting for my kit to arrive and have been following this thread for last 2 months.
Have to say its awesome to see guys share info and collaborate like this
It makes a person feel confident in buying the product.
I am going to be distributing TM in South Africa and will be recommending this forum, thread as well as as the boys in the UK on 3HOBBY
Motorman 2 thumbs up to you and your team for setting a great example of what this sport should be about !!!
To all contributing members ,thanks !!!

Thanks BimmerDriver ,thats good to know.
Still speculating what engine to put in my G4S , toss up between STS D12R/T,Axe Motor Rossi 173R12 X3 or Mega ZX12.
good choice with the g4s, good solid car, i've got the original g4 fully hopped up and i can tell you its great to drive, shame the importer makes you wait for an eternity for parts whitch made me buy a mtx4 with geat parts backup in australia. a couple of guys at the track run the axe rossie whitch i beleive is the same as the inotech collari. i have run the collarri and wasnt impressed with lack of perfformance , the axe is the same i hear plus the carbies are known to play up ,change tune during race etc, dont know about sts, mega but hope i have saved you some headaches with the axe
Old 04-18-2006, 03:58 AM   #954
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Itchy, shame you had to ditch the G4. If anyone else out there in Aus needs parts for the G4 and G4s then check out the people at www.rcgear.com.au for stock AND great pricing.

As for the Collari, I ran the later generation LC12 and found it to be a bit lethargic as well. Really good top end but nothing down low.

Cheers,

Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
good choice with the g4s, good solid car, i've got the original g4 fully hopped up and i can tell you its great to drive, shame the importer makes you wait for an eternity for parts whitch made me buy a mtx4 with geat parts backup in australia. a couple of guys at the track run the axe rossie whitch i beleive is the same as the inotech collari. i have run the collarri and wasnt impressed with lack of perfformance , the axe is the same i hear plus the carbies are known to play up ,change tune during race etc, dont know about sts, mega but hope i have saved you some headaches with the axe
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:12 AM   #955
Tech Adept

I run the original G4 no upgrades and the reason for this is also because the parts avalibility in Australia i have had parts on order from hobby express the importer for over 3 months now and im getting sick of it what ever happend to customer service and this is not only happening to me but to alot of other people at my track who have placed an order and are waiting i dont mean to bitch about the importer but seriously a little more professinalism wouldnt go a stray
nitro_racer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:46 AM   #956
Tech Adept

what parts have you had on order you have not been able to get.
Motorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:07 AM   #957
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
Hey Itchy, shame you had to ditch the G4. If anyone else out there in Aus needs parts for the G4 and G4s then check out the people at www.rcgear.com.au for stock AND great pricing.

As for the Collari, I ran the later generation LC12 and found it to be a bit lethargic as well. Really good top end but nothing down low.

Cheers,

Mike.
dont worry mike the g4 hasnt been ditched, far from it , its got great race pace and is number one in my pit at the moment , but eventually i believe my new car will be quicker ,cheaper and eazier to get parts for
Old 04-19-2006, 07:03 AM   #958
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Seriously, hobby xpress is a joke with supply. There should be a push to change the distributor of the TM products.

I can tell you now that if Eddie at rcgear.com.au can't get it, it's not around. He even races the G4 and now the G4s himself so guess what, he's got everything in stock. Call them on 08 9791-1990 or use the 'contact us' button on rcgear.com.au.

Every time I order, I've got the parts within a couple of days (because I'm too cheap to pay for express post ). I ordered my G4s on Friday and I got it today! Sweet.

Sorry for the shameless plug but I want to see more of the Team Magic cars get a fair go here in Aus, and since these guys can deliver and have an actual shop as well as a web site, you can buy with confidence. There are already a number of people from the eastern states that are buying from him and have enjoyed the experience. By the way, it's not me and I am not supported or employed by this shop. He is a buddy of mine and that developed through buying fom him and racing against him.

I got halfway through building my 'S' tonight and I'll finish it tomorrow! Now I have to wait until Sunday week to get it on the track!!!

Cheers,

Mike.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #959
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Got a brand new still in the box G4S in the for sale forums. Not doing much racing this year so it has to go.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...95#post2301195
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:30 PM   #960
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
Got a brand new still in the box G4S in the for sale forums. Not doing much racing this year so it has to go.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...95#post2301195
Damn. I just ordered my yesturday for $380. You are one day late for me but not for the next man. Good price. Good luck.
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote