R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #931
Tech Adept

hi g4 racing,
the other guy with the g4s in our race arena, have take the 3. place last weekend.
he drive with this car like on a frozen surface, but he have so mutch fortune that he slide from 10 to 3 .
i know that he have make many changes, but he become no steering in this car

dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #932
Tech Adept

Marc,

How's the surface on where you run? I might have some setup for you
if you want to try it out.

PM me your email I'll send you one.
formosa008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #933
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfelish
I have heard that NiMo. Geesh that makes it a bit tougher! I have a hard time driving when the track has high traction!
I have never tried Traction compound so I'm fortunate in I don't know what I'm missing.
But at least we get 3 minutes of warm up.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #934
Tech Adept

hi 4 racer
you, german on,(futtes ) ,german off
I dont want make many changes
It must be possible to drive this car nearly like it comes out of the box.......
So i can drive my evo and sell the s-class .

Marc
Old 04-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #935
Tech Adept

hello g4 racing,
i have do not say that you must make many changes,
i will say that the other g4s guy make more and more changes
but he get all the times no more steering.
i know a other car as the evo, what goes out off the box

dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #936
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We change the car alot it's new Make these changes to your setup g4-racing-de i found it to be easyer than the other setup.(change) rear toe to 2.5 -(change) shocks -piston# 2 front and rear with 60 wt.ae oil -front springs light blue 1.6 - rear springs dark blue 1.7 (change) front shocks 3 holds out on tower inside hold on arm - rear shocks 3 holds out on tower -K-factory- out side hold on arm. Rear bar 45 to 90. I found this to be even better than the 1st setup

Last edited by D-man; 04-11-2006 at 05:59 PM.
D-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #937
Tech Elite

Default NiMo

Hey NiMo
I know what you mean.
I've moved to the U.S from England and as you've said, they don't use traction compound there so I've little experience of driving on a traction compound treated track even though I've lived here for over a year!!

I think as what has bean said earlier is right. If your driving on untreated track, then you have to soften the set up considerably !
1.5 to 1.7mm springs depending on track and 50 to 60 Wt oil on 2 hole pistons, maybe even with larger piston holes as per Darren (muppet Racing/ British Champion !!!!)
But with "treated" (very high traction tracks) you can run very stiff set ups. 1.7 to 1.9mm springs and 50 to 80 Wt oil on 2 or even 1 hole pistons as per Motorman and the Phenix G4s Team have been successful in using !

Changing the car set up is part of racing.......get used to it.

My 2 cents worth...........where have I heard that said b4

Motorman...thanks for those parts. Will talk to you soon.
Tony
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #938
Tech Adept

hello 4 racer/dieter
you mean the MTX4........ok you drive it
it is ok to make any/many changes by a new car in the set up.
but i found that it is not ok to change g4s parts in evo parts.....
front and rear Shock tower into the older plastik........
Ok the car is more simply to set up when you do this but why do tm change it to carbon???????
the other guy you mean , Marc K. ,the only one i know what drives the G4s in German championship (ok and me my self a little bit).
but he is the better driver and makes it a long time!!!!!
I ask here in the Forum because the G4s in Germany is rar and we drive the first races....in the year and with the s-class
3 years ago i buy the evo while you say it is a very easy drive car....it was so!!!!!
To bring the car forward we need some good places into the top ten.......
The way from TM and the G4 in Germany is going back!!!!!!!!!
It was a good beginning last year but this year........
But the evo was at the end.....because you cant go the speed from the others like rrr, Mtx 4.
So i buy the s-class.
I am not the best driver (rc) smile and looking for a car simply and fast to drive so that i can step by step go my way
looking forward!!!!!!!

marc

Last edited by g4-racing.de; 04-11-2006 at 11:05 PM.
g4-racing.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #939
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by formosa008
Marc,

How's the surface on where you run? I might have some setup for you
if you want to try it out.

PM me your email I'll send you one.
Hello
I make a surprised surface at every circle i drive quick....
Thanks for the set up......i wil try it..

This is the surface 4 racer means:

Marc
Old 04-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #940
Tech Adept

and this is the G4s he drive:
Old 04-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #941
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I have never tried Traction compound so I'm fortunate in I don't know what I'm missing.
last year when we ran in cincinatti the traction was so high it could actually pull your shoe off if you stood in one place to long. It was like racing on fly paper. LOL

this is at the other extreme where we had to make the car super stiff and run 42 rears and 45 fronts narrowed 5 mm with the sidewall superglued.

Look Marc. if you put the kit setup it will drive decent on untreated asphault. However it won't be near as fast as taking the time to sort the car out. Set everything to the kit setup and start with green front springs and fuschia rears. the car will be hooked up and you can go from there. use 40 front and rear tires.

you also may want to consider using the solid axle up front on the current setup before you change it. Infact I would do that anyway on untreated asphault no matter what I changed to for setup
Old 04-12-2006, 03:15 AM   #942
Tech Regular

Default Marc.............

You also may want to consider going to a lighter rear diff fluid. It will help the car rotate more and definately give you better corner entry steering. Have you also tried using less ackermann in the car? Put the steering linkage on the furthest hole out on the steering knuckle. This wil help alot for mid corner steering. Also try lighter springs on the car keeping in mind you will want to run one step stiffer in the rear. Also look at running the front lower shock on the inside hole of the a-arm. You will also want to consider going with two hole pistons front, and one hole pistons on the rear with 50wt oil. Also don't be afraid to play with sway bars. Especially on the rear. Sway bars control the roll alot at speed, but don't effect intitial roll where you need weight transfer.

Your tire wear issues are from sliding the car, and rear tire wear is a diff that is too stiff. Loosen it. You will be amazed at how much loosening the rear diff will improve steering on entry. If you have clean corner entry, corner exits will be greatly improved and you won't be chasing or waiting on the car. Use those sway bars!! A softer car will give you more intitial weight transfer with the car, and the sway bars will limit roll AFTER weight transfer with the softer set-up.

Don't be frustrated with it. The g4s is an awesome car, and once you find the sweet spot it will be much better than the evo.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #943
Tech Adept

hello
so ive set up my G4s like a little bit from all Tips........
I will have a look at the car on the Track over the easter day but the rain here still falls.. .
When it is dry i went to the track and test..............and test...and test.....
Thanks for all and happy easter with big eggs to all here.
Marc
Old 04-15-2006, 05:33 AM   #944
Tech Regular

Default Dave and Brian Berry...addition to our team

Yesterday a bunch of us went to Toldeo to get the track ready to race for 2006. I must say the track looks awesome. Bigger drivers stand(looks like by 10 feet), smooth...flat...fast asphalt......and completely repainted infield and boards. After the days work a bunch of us hung around the track for some ....car chat. I'm really looking forward to racing with these two gentleman. They are really a great edition to Team Magic and Phenix Distribution. Dave actually hand made afew parts for the VDS 200mm outlaw class that are awesome. His bumper work and new handle system for the car look perfect and will definately make the car better. I'm looking forward to seeing it tested. Hopefully in time these things may become optional or even standard equipment for the outlaw class. As a fledgling team, we have our work cut out for us competing against the sea of talented Kyosho, Mugen and Serpent cars. All our guys are looking forward to making the G4S a top contender this year, and by working together and sharing our idea's lots of good will happen for all of us.

Dennis showed me the new set-up system that Team Magic has, and it looks awesome. It looks to be one of the best set-up systems on the market. Can't wait to use it.

Good luck to all of you G4S drivers this year. I look forward to racing with many of you during the 2006 Midwest Series.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #945
Tech Elite

Default Toledo

Just great to hear about the Toledo track and that things are looking good at Phenix/Team Magic.
As a fellow G4 driver I look foreward to meeting you all in Cincinatti in three weeks.
Somehow, I don't think it's going to be long before we see A mains and winners circles pepered with G4 drivers..........

Tony
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote