Team Magic G4

Old 06-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tony,

I would imagine a good lap when the traction comes up will be in the 15s. Ira ran a 16.4 this past Sunday. It had rained in the morning and we had cloud cover all day so bite was not very high.

Socko
Old 06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hay patto, thanks for the info, I see that many of the forum members now run the G4RS, can anyone report a significant drop in their lap times?

I'm planning on running the G4S until i'm getting the most out of it....

How are the members going at club level? Mugen MTX-4Rs are the car to beat at my local... along with a Xray NT1...

Anyone owned a mugen MTX-4R or XRAY NT1 and been happy to move to TM G4RS ?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthony_ling
Hay patto, thanks for the info, I see that many of the forum members now run the G4RS, can anyone report a significant drop in their lap times?

How are the members going at club level? Mugen MTX-4Rs are the car to beat at my local... along with a Xray NT1...

i think most are happy with the G4RS. but the G4S is the stronger car. if you download the G4RS and G4JS parts list of the TM site, you can upgrade your G4S slowly to the newer plastic parts from these 2 cars. front speedshot system, rear new bracket for the shock tower, new rear top arms and rear hubs and the ED trans and the G4S will be a new car then. most parts are plastic and i would even use the G4JS front plastic X brace. this will update your trans and give you all the suspension adjustment you would ever need.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Paul,

Do you have to change the chassis or just the plastic parts?

Rear bulk head
arms
sway bar etc..
Old 06-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

double post

Last edited by dnitro; 06-18-2008 at 10:38 PM. Reason: sorry double post
Old 06-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

I too am still using the G4s and still happy with it. Compared to the G4RS, according to forum members, the stock G4s is heavier. RS users say they have to put additional weights on the car to make it legal. This weight savings will give better acceleration and faster lap times I guess and it will be easier on the engine and clutch.
My driving skills rather than the car is the limiting factor right now.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dnitro
I too am still using the G4s and still happy with it. Compared to the G4RS, according to forum members, the stock G4s is heavier. RS users say they have to put additional weights on the car to make it legal. This weight savings will give better acceleration and faster lap times I guess and it will be easier on the engine and clutch.
My driving skills rather than the car is the limiting factor right now.
I really enjoy seeing the setup changes affect the handling... I'm not a stage yet where i'm trying to squeeze that last bit of performance out of it..
I'll be sticking with the G4S for now..

on another note, I was getting a knocking sound when turing the wheels from left to right, I found it was the servo saver moving up and down the shaft
.5mm (up into the plastic part above it) So i've put some shimms on that shaft above the bearing and the stearing action is quite and smooth again..
Old 06-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i think most are happy with the G4RS. but the G4S is the stronger car. if you download the G4RS and G4JS parts list of the TM site, you can upgrade your G4S slowly to the newer plastic parts from these 2 cars. front speedshot system, rear new bracket for the shock tower, new rear top arms and rear hubs and the ED trans and the G4S will be a new car then. most parts are plastic and i would even use the G4JS front plastic X brace. this will update your trans and give you all the suspension adjustment you would ever need.

Has anyone got the G4S running a front diff and got the plastic quick change bulkhead parts necessary to convert? (The cheap version of the KFactory item K14124 )
http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=11614
Old 06-19-2008, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlesd
Paul,

Do you have to change the chassis or just the plastic parts?

Rear bulk head
arms
sway bar etc..
ok here we go, i hope to not miss anything out.
Front parts to use with G4S
K14124-6 nylon speedshot Top brace
K14124-4 carbon shock tower
K14124-5 inserts for roll center adjustment
K14138 front upper hinge pins
K14124-1 speedshot bulkheads
502341 plastic G4JS X brace

rear parts
502327 G4RS top arm links
502328 G4RS top shock tower brace
502329 G4RS rear shock tower

these parts will transfor the G4S suspension to the RS components. Charles, you can use the existing G4S chassis and roll bars and rear bulkheads, while retaining the same stronger G4S arms. the only thing you will loose on the rear is some leverage of the span between the rear lower flying arms compared to the original G4S arms. the distance from hinge pin to shock position on the arm is longer on the flying arms. but i would trade strength for leverage any day. im actually trying to chase down a G4S at the moment so i can make it with the parts listed above.
if you want to use the new rear swaybar and the flying arms, you will then need to get the arms of course and rear lower hinge pins and the new rear bulkheads. but id stick with the older arms for sure.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default nitrokb

What happened to nitrokb? that was an excellent resource.. www.nitrokb.com
looks like DNS parkers have got it..
Old 06-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

I raced a national meet 2 weekends ago with my awesome G4S and was more than capable of taking it to the latest cars available.
Unfortunately Murphy once again was my pit buddy

Qualified in 2nd in Cmains after having stripped a front belt on one race and chunked a tyre in my fastest race that clearly would have placed me in a possible 9th/10th in the Amain.
In my main i was clearly the fastes guy out there but as Murphy was my pit pan i clipped a corner pipe on my warm up lap which pulled out my left upper arm from the hub. Since i was running a 5mm spacer i thought to super glue the screw in and hope for the best in the time we had only to have it pop out after 2 laps.
Got teh car to teh pits and removed teh 5mm spacers and threaded the upper arm deeper in the hub and got going from there.
I was down 11 laps at that time and started my charge in the 30min main.
to recover 7 laps with 10 mins to go.
At my fuel stop as i left the pit lane i flamed and teh pit guys got me started and flamed again on my last stop but blew the plug so lost too much time to make up the deficit.
I finished 7th thanks to some retirements.
My car is a standard G4S with ED transmission and a lipo receiver battery and was 25 grams above the weight limit.
Again Darrens Johnsons spool setup made all the difference with the car feeling great and planted.
Only changes i made to the car the entire weekend was changing tyres from 40f/40r tyres to 35f/38r in the final and changing my first gear spur from a 52t to a 52t.

This car still is very capable and i will run the next national with a 3 year old car that still does its job as wel as any newer model.
May the G4orce be with you
Old 06-20-2008, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

What happened to nitrokb? that was an excellent resource.. www.nitrokb.com
looks like DNS parkers have got it..
Ive been trying emails and pm's to Rmdhawaii but no luck.
Thought id offer to host the site if he would be happy with at.
Great info there for all rc guys getting into racing just such a pity we lost it
If anyone knows how to contact him give me a pm please.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:46 AM

Hi guys.. it's time o speed up our tread.. well, my friend Volkan and I both drive G4S in Turkey Championship..
2nd round is held in Hazerfen Raceway in Istanbul.. track is resurfaced and after some driving traction is awesome.. (blue groove surface-they say) I struggled with traction-roll during A-main which was a 1-hour race..

Volkan finished 1st with a consistent driving and had exciting battle with Xray factory driver Taner.

I finished 6th and was in the same lap with 5th.. After 10 min.s 2nd gear spur stripped, since my pit-woman (she is my wife by the way) was not fast, I ran to the pit and changed 2nd gear... It cost us 6 min.s.....

I realised that engine position was out of shape

Traction was so high that we used orange and blue springs.. next time I will try grey (hardest) TM springs up front..

I used mugen rear sway bar but I don't have different bars so I ordered G4+ rear sway bar...

Nice to be with you again...

Cheers..

Asil

Last edited by asil; 06-30-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asil
Hi guys.. it's time o speed up our tread.. well, my friend Volkan and I both drive G4S in Turkey Championship..
2nd round is held in Hazerfen Raceway in Istanbul.. track is resurfaced and after some driving traction is awesome.. (blue groove surface-they say) I struggled with traction-roll during A-main which was a 1-hour race..

Volkan finished 1st with a consistent driving and had exciting battle with Xray factory driver Taner.

I finished 6th and was in the same lap with 5th.. After 10 min.s 2nd gear spur stripped, since my pit-woman (she is my wife by the way) was not fast, I ran to the pit and changed 2nd gear... It cost us 6 min.s.....

I realised that engine position was out of shape

Traction was so high that we used orange and blue springs.. next time I will try grey (hardest) TM springs up front..

I used mugen rear sway bar but I don't have different bars so I ordered G4+ rear sway bar...

Nice to be with you again...

Cheers..

Asil
Congratulations to you Asil and your friend Volkan. A great job in the face of adversity (Very high traction and stripping 2nd gear !)

Good job.

I
Here in the U.S we also had good results with the G4. At the prestigious,
Byron Fuels National Nitro challenge

C Main: gaining 1st and 2nd positions
B Main: gaining 2nd place
A main: A very good effort Rick Vessel in getting 3rd place.

With the likes of Josh Cyril (A main winner), Mike Swauger (DNF), Jeff Lyne and Ira Shultz to name a few. It was a great effort by the G4 team out there.

Congratulations have to go to Wolf Hobbies driver for the C Main win.
But other G4 drivers deserve a mention including Chris Bozik bumping up from the C main and getting 2nd in the B.
Josh Little getting the C Main 2nd position in his first big race!

Out of I believe 6 G4 cars at the race, 4 managed to gain placings !

A great effort!!

Regards,

British Menace

Last edited by British Menace; 07-01-2008 at 05:48 AM. Reason: incorrect information
Old 06-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

I
Here in the U.S we also had good results with the G4. At the prestigious,
Byron Fuels National Nitro challenge

C Main: gaining 1st and 2nd positions
B Main: gaining 2nd place
A main: A very good effort by Rick Vessel in getting 3rd place.

With the likes of Josh Cyril (A main winner), Mike Swauger (DNF), Jeff Lyne and Ira Shultz to name a few. It was a great effort by the G4 team out there.

Congratulations have to go to Wolf Hobbies driver for the C Main win.
But other G4 drivers deserve a mention including Chris Bozik bumping up from the C main and getting 2nd in the B.
Josh Little getting the C Main 2nd position in his first big race!

Howard (Solara) was also unlucky not to gain a "bump up" spot in the A main when he DNF in the B main while being a head.

Out of I believe 6 G4 cars at the race, 4 managed to gain placings !

A great effort!!

Regards,

British Menace

Last edited by British Menace; 07-01-2008 at 05:58 AM. Reason: incorrect information

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.