Team Magic G4

Old 05-26-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LAKIA
premium power 1300rx lipo shld fit nicely...aussie1129 is using it, can try asking him...

can ask aussie1129 to show the picture ..thanks
the height dimensions of this battery make it just a slight bit taller than the TM nimh battery packs so I used a small bit of double sided tape and the radio plate when tightened down made this pack a very snug fit no movement what so ever and I have done about 4 race meets with it now including some nice crashes ie car rolling about 6 times and the battery is still in the same place. hope this helps and also dont forget the premium power regulator you will need to run with that also.
cheers
www.rc-mushroom.com have this in stock I think
Old 05-26-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Omarko
Just finished the upgrades , love how it looks

I am using the premium power 1300 lipo as well ...u can see it in the pics... fits nicely I fitted the other part into the compartment with the micro receiver (from DX3R)

now I want to upgrade to 18T / 52T and 25T / 45T ... can someone tell me if that is OK for our Moorebank track by any chance ? I think it offers highest acceleration with best top speed with my RB V12 R3 ... thats if I understood all the ratios correctly....

cheers
that car with the upgrades is looking just beautiful!the side plates look very smart like the G4+ and you got the battery to fit perfectly nice job Alex look forward to catching up hopefull early July for a run at moorebank.
oh and give this a try 17/50 22/47 for me the car seems to like taller first gears. hey Patto what gearing did you run in Adelaide????
cheers
Old 05-26-2008, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
that car with the upgrades is looking just beautiful!the side plates look very smart like the G4+ and you got the battery to fit perfectly nice job Alex look forward to catching up hopefull early July for a run at moorebank.
oh and give this a try 17/50 22/47 for me the car seems to like taller first gears. hey Patto what gearing did you run in Adelaide????
cheers
16/21 52/46. the JL likes to revv, i think SP racer ran 15/21 but 51 spur and i think ?? 47 . i have actually removed the extra shim on the tuned version, but am playing with the radio tray and giving the car the ability to flex. will see how it goes this weekend, WA state Titles in Bunbury. ill try to fly the flag high
Old 05-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

The drive pin in the Hex drive?............yep, that would do it. Lol

Sometimes the simplest thing can be our biggest downfall.
Please don't take offence. I really do not mean anything by it.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

British Menace-
I just bought Steve Perez's G4S. The car is totally new and box stock. He mentioned to me that you could help me with a good setup for a small track with high traction. Also, a good setup for the UFO clutch (I think thats the one that comes with the G4S).
Thanks!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

I had a friend who spent prity much the whole weekend over motor problems, trying everything, he eventually changed all the o rings and sealed up the motor changed plugs and everything.

Turned out there was almost a whole exhaust gasget in the exhaust!! which was causing the problem!!?

The littlest things ......

Prety much ruined his weekend although he was please He had found the probelm!

Please you found out your problem keavz

British Menace
Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Hello slokomo

Good to hear you've got a G4S ! Welcome to the family !

Say hello to Steve for me................

Small track High Traction?

On the clutch I would go with this,

Mugan silver 'Super Hard' clutch spring.
0.3mm tension on the clutch spring.
0.5mm clutch gap
0.1mm end play on the bell when assembled. (Basically as little play as poss' but must have "some" movement!!)
No weights in the 3 fly weight shoes.
I would use the red clutch shoe. (It allows a little more slip as the black can tend to be too aggressive....... almost on / off like a light switch....lol)

That should get the best out of the clutch for you.
On set up..............

Let me know, how high traction? Do people have alot of problems with grip rolling? All makes of car? Is the traction that high?
It makes a small difference.

Let me know. I really have to rush off now.......family duties...lol
Taking children to the park!!

British Menace
Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks Menace, I'll get back to you about the track conditions.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slokomo
I heard there was a problem with the stock fuel tank on the G4S. Something about the internal bracing causing air trapping problems. Did TM or Kfactory ever come out with a new tank?
The very early G4 had a problem with the tank as you've described. They were also found to be too small aswell!!

Unless your G4 is about 4 years old you'll be ok !
The tank which comes with the S is fine. No air traps and correct size too. As with all tanks (Any make) keep a check on the o ring in the lid and change if you suspect it.
If yours is new you should be ok for at least a year.
Also, ensure the tank mount at the front of the car has a small o ring on before you install the tank and the clip.
This helps to tilt the tank backwords and be able to use all the fuel in the tank.

The K Factory tank Patto referes to is very nice!! Comes with a better lid but is slightly heavier. Also comes slightly grey tinted too......very cool !!

Regards,

British Menace
Old 05-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can someone explain why should I remove the weights from the clutch shoes? I've been recommended to do this bit still not understand why ...

cheers
Old 05-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

can someone explain why should I remove the weights from the clutch shoes? I've been recommended to do this bit still not understand why ...

cheers
hey removing the weights just gives you later engagement at a higher rpm?I use to run with all weights but found it very agressive down low there fore making it difficult to get grip especially the rear I removed one weight
in each shoe and it wasnt as agressive I got more grip the car was easier to control so to speak.just give it a try and see how it goes it wont hurt.
cheers
Old 05-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ok ... thanks for the explanation ... will set it up tonight ...

I have to be ready to race for Sat Meca
Old 05-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

cheers
Hello Omarko,

As Aussies1129 pointed out. The weights effect how aggressively the clutch will engage. It has a little effect on when too, but not as much as the spring tension.

With less weights in the clutch plate will "slip" slightly before it really grips and you get full, direct drive to the drive train. This slight slip is almost none existant with 2 wieghts in, and the bite you get from the clutch can cause your tires to break loose and you loose grip.

The red clutch shoes can also help with this slippage too. They let an aggressively set up cluch slip a little so it doesn't break you car loose when you hit the gas hard.

Select the spring and the tension to how high up the rev range you want the clutch to engage, set the weights, shoe colour to how aggressively you want that engagement to be, the more grip you have, the more aggressive you can afford to be

Hope this helps.

British Menace
Old 05-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Omarko;4481324]ok ... thanks for the explanation ... will set it up tonight ...
also to kfactory make a ufo shoe in white which allows for better engagement the material I think is softer I bought this not aware that this shoe is best for high traction sufaces so i went back to the red ufo shoe and also have coming the kfactory brown hard shoe so there are a few factors that you have to consider to get the right clutch setup.have fun sat! I have a intercity meet in townsville running at night so I hope I can grasp the track to make the final the rs is running well its going to be down to how well I focus and a bit of luck.
cheers
Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by British Menace
The drive pin in the Hex drive?............yep, that would do it. Lol

Sometimes the simplest thing can be our biggest downfall.
Please don't take offence. I really do not mean anything by it.
no worries BM...

will try out my car one last time this sat before going for the sun race!
hope everything goes well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.