Team Magic G4

Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 PM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Hi you would be better getting a G4RS kit for parts/back up car as I am aware that would have more interchangable parts to suit the G4+ eg wing arms,towers etc etc
cheers
Hi Aussies,

What about the G4s? Because i can get the G4s at a damn good price, so i was considering it.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X4
Hi Aussies,

What about the G4s? Because i can get the G4s at a damn good price, so i was considering it.

Thanks for your help.
the G4S will be more effective parts car than getting the RS. there is a bit different from the RS to G4+. you can use the arms form the G4S on the G4+ , but you need to use the outer position on the lower rear hinge pin. all other stuff fits. the RS you cant use the rear arms, unless you heavily start modifying things. back plates wont fit. but will interchange from S to +.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:26 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
the G4S will be more effective parts car than getting the RS. there is a bit different from the RS to G4+. you can use the arms form the G4S on the G4+ , but you need to use the outer position on the lower rear hinge pin. all other stuff fits. the RS you cant use the rear arms, unless you heavily start modifying things. back plates wont fit. but will interchange from S to +.
That is freaking helpful! Thanks alot!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Sad loss for TeamMagic
Darren Johnson (Daz, Muppetracer)to run for Xray in 2008

Looks like just Dario Ballestri is the only high profile racer is still running for TM.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
Sad loss for TeamMagic
Darren Johnson (Daz, Muppetracer)to run for Xray in 2008

Looks like just Dario Ballestri is the only high profile racer is still running for TM.

it is a bad news..

But Xray give a good support to sponsored driver.

the korean xray drivers who are slower than me had very good support from the Xray...

in frankly.. i envy them

But i did not receive ANY support from TM.

TM must have a good sponsor program to avoid to loss good TM driver.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

I think it's time to get my "Anorexic" G4 out from moth balls and shake the cobwebs off!

I tthink I shall be visiting the superb St. Louis track down in St. Charles on the 12th April................ my birthday so it should be a good day to shake the car down and see what can be done!

Planning on really trying to change my driving style this year?!

We'll see.

British Menace
Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

no racing till first weekend of May. have a tuning day in 2 weeks. then off to Adelaide for the SA state titles, then 3 weeks after that, the WA state titles. so busy time coming.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

They sound like big races for so early in the season Paul.

Best of luck with them.

British Menace
Old 03-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Just recently purchased a G4s with all the goodies, It ran away on me during break in. My receiver pack was not charged. Anyhow unfortunately I broke a few things like the carbon k factory rear shock tower, rear arm, and a few other minor things. I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to somewhere hear in the states as to where I can order parts online for the g4s or even if its out of the states I would appreciate it thanks. P.S. your probably saying buy them where I got the car but I purchased it used. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-img_0554.jpg   Team Magic G4-img_0555.jpg  
Old 03-18-2008, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

try http://wolfhobbies.com/
they have all the parts you will need.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Mystery handling problem solved..

In my last race meeting (only my 3rd) I had an interesting handling problem.. The car was very loose on power out of the corners, It would occasionally spin out on power, It wouldn't stay in a straight line down the long straight... on a bumpy section I could see the rear left wheel seeming to hang in the air as it went over the bumps... the problem caused me to loose 3-4 seconds per lap and countless offs, giving the marshals a run.. Initially I was thinking that the setup that I was trialing was really awful, so during the race meeting I put all the settings back to how they were during the last meeting... Frustratingly there was no improvement... so after getting back home and checking out the suspension for good/ free movement I found that the driveshaft pin had jammed itself into hub bearing... While it would still spin ok, It was preventing the driveshaft from any movement in the drive cup. Check out the photo, you can see the driveshaft Pin jammed into the bearing.. Anyone else had problems with the driveshaft pin movement?
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-bad_drive_shaft.jpg  

Last edited by anthony_ling; 03-18-2008 at 03:28 AM. Reason: add attachment.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by anthony_ling
In my last race meeting (only my 3rd) I had an interesting handling problem.. The car was very loose on power out of the corners, It would occasionally spin out on power, It wouldn't stay in a straight line down the long straight... on a bumpy section I could see the rear left wheel seeming to hang in the air as it went over the bumps... the problem caused me to loose 3-4 seconds per lap and countless offs, giving the marshals a run.. Initially I was thinking that the setup that I was trialing was really awful, so during the race meeting I put all the settings back to how they were during the last meeting... Frustratingly there was no improvement... so after getting back home and checking out the suspension for good/ free movement I found that the driveshaft pin had jammed itself into hub bearing... While it would still spin ok, It was preventing the driveshaft from any movement in the drive cup. Check out the photo, you can see the driveshaft Pin jammed into the bearing.. Anyone else had problems with the driveshaft pin movement?
i have had this happen to me before. but it was on the diff side, so it just fell out. was very obvious , but having it happen in the wheel side, it will lock in there for sure. get caught up on the shims . at least you found the problem. i use universals front and rear and havent had this happen again.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaypeezy
Just recently purchased a G4s with all the goodies, It ran away on me during break in. My receiver pack was not charged. Anyhow unfortunately I broke a few things like the carbon k factory rear shock tower, rear arm, and a few other minor things. I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to somewhere hear in the states as to where I can order parts online for the g4s or even if its out of the states I would appreciate it thanks. P.S. your probably saying buy them where I got the car but I purchased it used. Thanks again.
Hi Jaypeezy,

Unlucky about the runaway........... had that b4 myself.
As Paul (Pattojnr) said. Wolfhobbies has TM parts. You can also try,

www.ultralinehobbies.com
www.speedworldrc.com

They also have TM parts.
A couple of thing's you may want to think about:
The stock 800mAh Battery pack is ok but will need to be kept charged. Also be-careful if you use a 2.4GHz system......some of them have quite an Amp draw from your battery and if you use the 800 pack the max it will stand is a 0.8A draw. So with Digital servo's and a 2.4GHz radio system, some owner's, me for 1, have had 'runaways' due to over draw from the pack.

Get as larger capacity pack as you can find. The TM1100mAh is good. Some have gone the way of Li-Po packs. If you go this route try and get 1000mAh or greater and you would need a regulator too.

Congratulations on getting the car. You have the most underated car out. A car as good as ANY other out. The best of luck!

British Menace
Old 03-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Thanks alot patton and british menace. Im sure I'll have many more questions before the start of my onroad season. I am using the 2.4 system. So i will be looking for a larger capacity battery. Thanks again
Old 03-19-2008, 08:42 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread again but i feel this is the bext way to reach out the the G4 fellows.

I have 6 pieces of G4 3mm ALuminium chassis for sale

1 piece - $40 shipped
2 piece - $60 shipped (sorry, miscalculated on the shipping to USA and Canada)

I also have 2 pieces of Kfactory G4 4mm chasis for sale (SOLD)

1 piece - $50 shipped
2 piece - $80 shipped

Please bear with me on this because my shop closed down and i'm just trying to clear as much stuff as i can at a ridiculous price to make some money back.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING

Interested please pm me.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-dsc00612.jpg   Team Magic G4-dsc00613.jpg  

Last edited by X4; 04-05-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.