R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-31-2007, 07:19 AM   #8746
Tech Elite

Aussies has it about covered.
Even though the G4S is still competitive the improvements to the G4RS version should make it that bit better.
The G4s/+/RS is still the most underated car around.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:01 AM   #8747
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
The G4s/+/RS is still the most underated car around.
101% AGREED!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:08 AM   #8748
Tech Regular

agreed .................and Happy New Year to all and Good Luck in next years Racing...Go.Team Magic!.......
Old 01-01-2008, 01:46 AM   #8749
Tech Rookie

Default GEARIN

first off hiya all an a smashin new year to all on rctech .
just a quike one my gearin is 1st 18x52 an 2nd 24x47
i run diffs F/R and nova mega motor
the prob is that other cars seam to pull away when they get into 2nd gear its like i got not enough legs in 2nd so im thinkin to change the 2nd gear to 24x48
also will a spool help
oh yea im runnin the standard gearin not the ed set up
many thanks guys
DUGIWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:13 AM   #8750
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to DirtRacer

alright koo azz, ill go check my local onroad track this month and make a decision on weather ill buy one.

ive had experience with onroad nitro.. 235mm class for eg. and tourer so should be alright transision weather i stay in offroad that is, being a student aint easy, its either this or that class.

alright then thanks for the feedback. happy new year.
www.myspace.com/renegadebearingsdist46
DirtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:15 AM   #8751
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to DirtRacer

Hi id like to know your genuine oppinions of this car and what are the pro's and con's of it.

what are the most common parts that you spend/stock up on?
www.myspace.com/renegadebearingsdist46
DirtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:45 AM   #8752
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUGIWE View Post
first off hiya all an a smashin new year to all on rctech .
just a quike one my gearin is 1st 18x52 an 2nd 24x47
i run diffs F/R and nova mega motor
the prob is that other cars seam to pull away when they get into 2nd gear its like i got not enough legs in 2nd so im thinkin to change the 2nd gear to 24x48
also will a spool help
oh yea im runnin the standard gearin not the ed set up
many thanks guys
with the gearing, the 18/52 is good first gear ratio, for second you should be going 23/47. i dont think the 48t spur is an S class or 0.8 module.
just keep an eye out for the G4RS spares. if you are in the US , i think Wolf Hobbbies are now the distributor for parts, as BM stated. the G4RS plastic pullies should now fit the G4S shafts, so you only really need to get these pullies and the ED pinions, but 2nd pinion is apart of the housing, not sure if it is the same on the G4RS, but should still remain like that. if you are on a tight track, and cant wait, then yu can change the internal gearing, like a 18t brake and side pulley on the 2 speed shaft, and a 26t front side pulley then run a 2mm split (2mm smaller front tires). spool may make it easier to drive, but i also like the front diff. hope this helps you out.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:10 AM   #8753
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Pattojnr;4026025]with the gearing, the 18/52 is good first gear ratio, for second you should be going 23/47. i dont think the 48t spur is an S class or 0.8 module.

hi thanks for yr reply .
i have fitted a 48 spur gear with a 24 pinion for the 2nd speed fits perfect but it does not have a s stamped on it .
you say 23/47 for 2nd i did have a 24/47 before and this was to slow [cant keep up] so my thinking is surly a 48/24 will give me a bit more legs in 2nd gear

sorry but i'm hopless at gear ratio set ups
Old 01-01-2008, 05:33 AM   #8754
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=DUGIWE;4026062]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
with the gearing, the 18/52 is good first gear ratio, for second you should be going 23/47. i dont think the 48t spur is an S class or 0.8 module.

hi thanks for yr reply .
i have fitted a 48 spur gear with a 24 pinion for the 2nd speed fits perfect but it does not have a s stamped on it .
you say 23/47 for 2nd i did have a 24/47 before and this was to slow [cant keep up] so my thinking is surly a 48/24 will give me a bit more legs in 2nd gear

sorry but i'm hopless at gear ratio set ups
there are 2 ways to look at it. 1 is your motor peaking out, or loading up and not producing the power ? if the motor is peaking, and not enough top speed before it peaks, go a smaller 2nd spur. a smaller spur produces more top end with the 24t pinion. but if its struggling to peak and is slow, go the 23 t pinion. the ED trans is more efficient, and allows the engine to not work as hard, there for it spools up quicker and produces more acceleration. but be sure which way you want to go with the gearing. listne to the engine, it should peak about 3/4 of the straight or slightly more, if it peaks 1/2 way down the straight and doesnt accel anymore. then go smaller spur. hope i explained it in a way you can relate
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 01-01-2008, 05:47 AM   #8755
Tech Rookie

Smile

[QUOTE=Pattojnr;4026092]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUGIWE View Post

there are 2 ways to look at it. 1 is your motor peaking out, or loading up and not producing the power ? if the motor is peaking, and not enough top speed before it peaks, go a smaller 2nd spur. a smaller spur produces more top end with the 24t pinion. but if its struggling to peak and is slow, go the 23 t pinion. the ED trans is more efficient, and allows the engine to not work as hard, there for it spools up quicker and produces more acceleration. but be sure which way you want to go with the gearing. listne to the engine, it should peak about 3/4 of the straight or slightly more, if it peaks 1/2 way down the straight and doesnt accel anymore. then go smaller spur. hope i explained it in a way you can relate
ok thanks . yes it is peaking out so i will try your gear set up an see
i dont have a ED trans yet but thats my next to buy for the G4S
once again thanks
Old 01-01-2008, 06:16 AM   #8756
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

[QUOTE=DUGIWE;4026104]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post

ok thanks . yes it is peaking out so i will try your gear set up an see
i dont have a ED trans yet but thats my next to buy for the G4S
once again thanks
hey not sure if they have any left but raceday was doing the ed trans for around $65US go to there ebay website.
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #8757
Tech Rookie

cool ok you dont have a link do you
Old 01-01-2008, 06:26 AM   #8758
Tech Rookie

also its between a 4mm chassis or the ed trans of witch one woud i benafit from
Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #8759
Tech Elite

DUGIWE

If it's a choice between the ED or the 4mm chassis, I would go for the ED. As mentioned earlier, the new gearing helps in not stressing the engine so much. Also, the range of gear ratio's is wider and hence helps in both acceleration AND top speed.

On the down side though, the ED trans' does add a considerable weight to the drive train as a whole. This does offset to quite a degree the advantage gained in the ED 's gearing. Higher the weight in the drive train, the more the engine has to work to accelerate and the harder it is to slow the car down again.

The G4RS has a similar trans' but I believe the pulleys are made of plastic and the transmission as a whole is lighter. This version of the ED will be far better then the stock trans' and also I believe, better then the original ED brought out as an upgrade.

As far as the 4mm chassis is concerned. This option is considerably stiffer then stock G4 chassis without being much heavier. (Just 6g heavier if memory serves me ) Although this weight can be brought down to the stock weight very easily with little work.

Using the 4mm chassis will raise the role centres of the car unless you reduce ground clearence by 1mm at the same time. Some feel a stiffer car/chassis has less grip and can be harder to drive, others find the car more responsive and gain valuable time due to this.

I hope all this helps. Best of luck and a Happy New Year to you.

British Menace
Old 01-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #8760
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
DUGIWE

On the down side though, the ED trans' does add a considerable weight to the drive train as a whole. This does offset to quite a degree the advantage gained in the ED 's gearing. Higher the weight in the drive train, the more the engine has to work to accelerate and the harder it is to slow the car down again.

The G4RS has a similar trans' but I believe the pulleys are made of plastic and the transmission as a whole is lighter. This version of the ED will be far better then the stock trans' and also I believe, better then the original ED brought out as an upgrade.

I hope all this helps. Best of luck and a Happy New Year to you.

British Menace
Howdy Tony, you might have missed the post before, but i would imagine the new G4RS plastic pullies should fit the old G4S trans shafts, since the Diff pulley is also plastic, the original brake disc and shafts should still be compatable, just a pulley kit should be needed,(and pinions) also the new ZF belts might help the freeness of the drive train. cheers.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T