R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-27-2006, 10:32 PM   #856
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys I thought we were getting G4S conversions this go round but I was informed that it will be mid april before they are ready. we preordered them and did not notice that they were zeroed out on our invoice. Looks like I jumped the gun a little. I apologize. MY Bad. I promise as soon as we can get them we will.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #857
Tech Master

Orange 1.8 and blue 1.7
18 51 first gear and 23/24 47 second.

and use the 37/8 front tires. and 40 rears

also lay the rear shocks down and stand the front shocks up

That should also read front bar 0 and rear bar 45

Move the steering balls at the front knuckles to the rear holes.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:44 AM   #858
Tech Fanatic

Guys... Gearing also depends on track size and motor being used... If you're running the car stock and you're running/racing on a medium size track... Run 19/51 1st and 24/46 or 25/47 2nd. For large tracks with long straights, run 19/51 1st and 24/45 or 25/46... You can run the 18t 1st gear if you're running on a techincal infield... You should really only run the 23t 2nd gear if you're running on a very small techincal track... The car is not geared like the Serpent or Kyosho's... You'll have a motor that screams and sounds fast... but it's way under geared for most tracks... and most likely you could loose a sec. per lap depending on track size using the wrong gearing... Hey... It's just my .02... As for car setup... That'll depend on track bite and size and driving style... If someone posts a setup and you try it out... Post back how your car handled with it. ie... What it did and didn't do and why... Remember, track condidtions can change everyday and so could your setup...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:35 AM   #859
Tech Adept

Alan
This isn't a contradiction to what your opinion as I agree with it for the most part, its just the fact that we have raced the car many different places from and have a much larger pool of information to pull from over the last 3 years we have raced the car at these and many more tracks around the US FT,Myers,Cincinatti,Sugerbowl,Rev,Vegas,Toledo,Chi cago,Wisconsin,given the current crop of engines we almost never use 19 first gear even on a track as big as cincinatti which has a 280 ft straight, On that track we will use the 19 stock internal ratio with 24 on second and 18 on first and it is just about perfect. We have raced the car all over the country and we have a real good handle on where to gear the car. Your right its engine dependent but those gear ratios work good on over the counter engines like the Rody mods and sirios. If you have to run gears taller then 18/24 90% of the time the motor you are running isn't a serious HP maker anyway. Most of the guys that run for us make the shows or are right in there. I can tell you the standard gearing we use at toledo is 18 internals with 18/23 or 24 on 59 MM tires
Motorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #860
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman2
Alan
This isn't a contradiction to what your opinion as I agree with it for the most part, its just the fact that we have raced the car many different places from and have a much larger pool of information to pull from over the last 3 years we have raced the car at these and many more tracks around the US FT,Myers,Cincinatti,Sugerbowl,Rev,Vegas,Toledo,Chi cago,Wisconsin,given the current crop of engines we almost never use 19 first gear even on a track as big as cincinatti which has a 280 ft straight, On that track we will use the 19 stock internal ratio with 24 on second and 18 on first and it is just about perfect. We have raced the car all over the country and we have a real good handle on where to gear the car. Your right its engine dependent but those gear ratios work good on over the counter engines like the Rody mods and sirios. If you have to run gears taller then 18/24 90% of the time the motor you are running isn't a serious HP maker anyway. Most of the guys that run for us make the shows or are right in there. I can tell you the standard gearing we use at toledo is 18 internals with 18/23 or 24 on 59 MM tires
I was just giving my .02... I know Josh Cyrul ran 19/51 1st and 25/47 2nd at Rev which is a medium size track with his Sirio when he raced the G4 at the Nationals... I believe he TQ'd and came in 3rd overall... and the guys that did run the car out on the West Coast ran the 24/46 and 25/47 tooth clutch gear with great results... Hey if 18/23 is working for Team Phenix on most of the tracks you're racing on... That's great... I don't run over the counter motors either... If your motors are putting out over 43-44,000 rpm's, with great torque and can turn the taller gear with no problem... I've seen people run the G4 with mod. Sirio's and Nova's with the 18/23 clutch gear set.... I showed them the gear ration chart and prior team drivers set up's, once they switched to the taller gearing, there times dropped... Hey just trying to pass on some speed tips.... I'll say this though, I know for a fact, if you run that gearing at the Nationals at Crystal Park in June... That car will get smoked... and it doesn't matter what motor you're running in it. And that's not to sound harsh or to come off negative... I know... I love the car and if I see someone with a Mongoose or G4S, I'll always give them a helping hand, that's just me.. The G4S is your baby now... Good luck...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #861
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #862
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Brad:

You so called it.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:36 AM   #863
Tech Regular

Default Dennis........

I guess we're just unexperienced guys who have been running the G4S/G4 for two years with no experience and we should just hang our head in shame when it comes to understanding how to gear it. hehehehehe......j/k kidding bud!!
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:35 AM   #864
Tech Adept

I know Josh Cyrul ran 19/51 1st and 25/47 2nd at Rev which is a medium size track with his Sirio when he raced the G4 at the Nationals.

you do realise that the engine horsepower curve has slid up the scale and the torque curve has slid down the scale since then. Hence the need to gear down now.

That car will get smoked... and it doesn't matter what motor you're running in it. Newsflash Ray! time to buy a different car LOL
Motorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #865
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default tm bag

whats up motormn did you say you had any 8th haulers left
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #866
Tech Regular

F8 Hauler bags are out of stock for now. I believe I sold the last two the other day for Dennis.

Darn nice bags, I delivered a lot of them to my customers and everyone has nothing but great comments on this bag. Forgot when the next shipment is... think June or something. Don't quote me there... but will be a little while before they come in again.
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #867
Tech Master

Willie P you know what they say about snoozing.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:39 PM   #868
Tech Elite

Default ?

OH YEAH I KNOW BUT ITS FUN
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 03-29-2006, 04:45 PM   #869
Tech Elite

Default GRNDPRI LV

motormn when are you commin out to the desert to race april or may or just sedan nats

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 03-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #870
Tech Master

The team has been back and forth over comming to las vegas. jury is still out. since half the team lives in the snow belt we all want some track time before we get down to it this year. Our tracks here open 1 weekend before las vegas. Since our first series race is 3 weeks later in cincinatti and the fact that there is a race there 2 weeks earlier the team wants to go down there and get some track time. We expect alot of out of towners at the first cincinatti race as we feel many will come from out of town to get a feel for that track prior to the Onroad nationals there later in the summer. That track is also centrally located for my other team members down south so they are planning to come up. There will be 10 to 12 G4's at that race I figure minimum.