R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-09-2007, 03:23 AM   #8641
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
hey Gansei, could that plastic rear top brace fit on a G4S ?
i like the look of this part and its adjustments, also being plastic, maybe a bit more rear grip ?

hey Gansei, could that plastic rear top brace fit on a G4S ?

=> yes!!! it can also do more various rear upper roll center setup.

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:56 AM   #8642
Tech Addict

Default keep G4S going on...

hi,
let me bring this G4S thread up with a simple damper shock building question:

after filling up with oil, does it matter where the piston shaft position is (below, in middle, etc...) when you fit the top cap on?

keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:50 AM   #8643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
hi,
let me bring this G4S thread up with a simple damper shock building question:

after filling up with oil, does it matter where the piston shaft position is (below, in middle, etc...) when you fit the top cap on?

when i do mine, i fill them all the way up, screw the cap on, then just before the bladder seals it i push the shaft 3/4 the way up, this bleeds any excess air and oil out and seems to give a nice consistent build between shocks, hope this helps ?
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:50 AM   #8644
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasRacer64 View Post
William, he is only selling the Serpent 720 right now. No idea what happened between his shop and TM. I am signed up for the Airtronics race, which will be my first race back. Looking forward to it. I am trying to get my 1:8 together so I can race both classes. Are you going to be there? :tire mark
yeah im there
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #8645
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why does the US source for TM parts change every year?
bucknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #8646
Tech Fanatic

G4RS kit does not include Battery.
(it is same with G4S battery)

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Old 12-09-2007, 09:50 AM   #8647
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello BUCKNUTS: First, Sam is one of the nicest guys you ever will meet. I have known Sam for 10 or so years. TM just has very poor business plans in the USA and wrong choices over the years, but make GREAT products. The TM owners are the one of nicest group of manufacture racers around and TM has to remember that. It just seems they need to focus on their business plan and they haven't. All TM is really doing is making it difficult for their TM club support racers to receive product and all they are really doing at this time is pushing some of their loyal customers to other products. I have spoke with Sean and Nick from TM over the last year many times and they are very nice people. We will see what is next for TM

This statement is not in anyway bashing TM, just keeping it simple to understand and hope they listen and can start seriously working on the market differently and think about their present and new future customers.

Last edited by YLLIB; 12-09-2007 at 10:00 AM.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #8648
Tech Fanatic

G4RS Constructing....
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-sany0027.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0029.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0030.jpg  

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Old 12-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #8649
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

William, I will see you there then. Sam was great to deal with and you could call him anytime for support. I asked a lot of questions in the beginning. He carries the GQ brand of tires so I will get my tires from him.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #8650
Tech Rookie

Default wings

hi can anyone tell me the advantage of fitting these flying wings on the G4S is it worth it
thanks
DUGIWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #8651
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Hello BUCKNUTS: First, Sam is one of the nicest guys you ever will meet. I have known Sam for 10 or so years. TM just has very poor business plans in the USA and wrong choices over the years, but make GREAT products. The TM owners are the one of nicest group of manufacture racers around and TM has to remember that. It just seems they need to focus on their business plan and they haven't. All TM is really doing is making it difficult for their TM club support racers to receive product and all they are really doing at this time is pushing some of their loyal customers to other products. I have spoke with Sean and Nick from TM over the last year many times and they are very nice people. We will see what is next for TM

This statement is not in anyway bashing TM, just keeping it simple to understand and hope they listen and can start seriously working on the market differently and think about their present and new future customers.
Just to put things into perspective here.......... Sam maybe the 'nicest' person on the planet, he also has the poorest business sence I've ever seen. He may be / have been a capable sales person and has a whole load of good intentions but he has but one aim and that is to make money for hims self! If that means making money for other people then he will do that! But the end result must always be the same. He has to make money .....at the expence of business , dealers , customers AND racers.
He employs old and out moded sales techniques which if he had kept up with the times he would know are not 'the best' methods of either selling, marketing or promoting a product or product line.

While I believe all of this was not soley his fault, he must take part of the blame for what has happened in the U.S as far as Team Magic Distribution are concerned.
Does he care one iota about the dealers we sold to and have TM products? ......... No ! All he was concerned about when all this blew up was that he would lose $100K for "Letting go" of TM
Odd that. The 'small' store I helped run had over $150K worth of product and we weren't even a distributor!!
You can not call yourself a distributor when you do not buy product in sufficient quantities.
Yes he may have had over $100,000 of stuff in, but when you only buy 2 motors at a time then stall on paying, thats not good business!
When you supply the wrong product, ie not the item that was asked for, and it takes 4 months to rectify that problem, that is not good business!
When this does not happen once but 4 or 5 times just to people I know in my area....that is not good business!
When people involved in up-to-date marketing and customer relations get "P'd" off because of the service they are getting from Sam, that is not good business.
When people, dealers want product, order product even though they already have loads of it, want to pay, but Sam does not supply them because he can not take their form of payment, that is not good business.

Enough said. I have vented off and said my piece. I can go on giving examples for ever of this. If he gives reasons or examples of good business he has done, I could give 1 extra of a bad example he has done. And this is in the brief period I have known him.
I will never do business with Sam Fellish, Raceday Hobbies, Team Magic America (IE: TMA Marketing & Distributution) again. I want service not someone who's "ONLY"out to make money out of me , the manufacturer, the dealer and me ! (Sorry, did I miss someone?)

Who ever get's into this industry to distribute or sell rc product must sell and provide foremost, a service to the "End User"!!! From that end, he/she will make money and only from that end.........it is called,
"Customer Oriented Market Sales" It's all about getting the customer, the End user(!!) not the middlemen (!!) FULLY satisfied, from that satisfaction comes a need to be fully satisfied all the time. From this need comes loyalty and sales, from sales comes profit.
See how far profit comes down the line? It's at the end!!
All the way along the line is the utmost prority on customer satisfaction!! Getting the customer what they want, when they want, quantities they want, how they want in the colour they want!! If they want it put on the shelf for them you do it.
Full customer satisfaction! If he wants the car built.....they have it that way !!
Customer Oriented Marketing...........Customer Oriented Production

Enough said.

British Menace
Learn about it
Old 12-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #8652
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUGIWE View Post
hi can anyone tell me the advantage of fitting these flying wings on the G4S is it worth it
thanks
if you are wanting to add the new rear sway bar setup which is more adjustable than the old sway bar setup then they are needed for the rear with the new rear bulkheads as for the front I am leaving mine as is.
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 PM   #8653
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Just to put things into perspective here.......... Sam maybe the 'nicest' person on the planet, he also has the poorest business sence I've ever seen. He may be / have been a capable sales person and has a whole load of good intentions but he has but one aim and that is to make money for hims self! If that means making money for other people then he will do that! But the end result must always be the same. He has to make money .....at the expence of business , dealers , customers AND racers.
He employs old and out moded sales techniques which if he had kept up with the times he would know are not 'the best' methods of either selling, marketing or promoting a product or product line.

While I believe all of this was not soley his fault, he must take part of the blame for what has happened in the U.S as far as Team Magic Distribution are concerned.
Does he care one iota about the dealers we sold to and have TM products? ......... No ! All he was concerned about when all this blew up was that he would lose $100K for "Letting go" of TM
Odd that. The 'small' store I helped run had over $150K worth of product and we weren't even a distributor!!
You can not call yourself a distributor when you do not buy product in sufficient quantities.
Yes he may have had over $100,000 of stuff in, but when you only buy 2 motors at a time then stall on paying, thats not good business!
When you supply the wrong product, ie not the item that was asked for, and it takes 4 months to rectify that problem, that is not good business!
When this does not happen once but 4 or 5 times just to people I know in my area....that is not good business!
When people involved in up-to-date marketing and customer relations get "P'd" off because of the service they are getting from Sam, that is not good business.
When people, dealers want product, order product even though they already have loads of it, want to pay, but Sam does not supply them because he can not take their form of payment, that is not good business.

Enough said. I have vented off and said my piece. I can go on giving examples for ever of this. If he gives reasons or examples of good business he has done, I could give 1 extra of a bad example he has done. And this is in the brief period I have known him.
I will never do business with Sam Fellish, Raceday Hobbies, Team Magic America (IE: TMA Marketing & Distributution) again. I want service not someone who's "ONLY"out to make money out of me , the manufacturer, the dealer and me ! (Sorry, did I miss someone?)

Who ever get's into this industry to distribute or sell rc product must sell and provide foremost, a service to the "End User"!!! From that end, he/she will make money and only from that end.........it is called,
"Customer Oriented Market Sales" It's all about getting the customer, the End user(!!) not the middlemen (!!) FULLY satisfied, from that satisfaction comes a need to be fully satisfied all the time. From this need comes loyalty and sales, from sales comes profit.
See how far profit comes down the line? It's at the end!!
All the way along the line is the utmost prority on customer satisfaction!! Getting the customer what they want, when they want, quantities they want, how they want in the colour they want!! If they want it put on the shelf for them you do it.
Full customer satisfaction! If he wants the car built.....they have it that way !!
Customer Oriented Marketing...........Customer Oriented Production

Enough said.

British Menace
Learn about it
hey Menace you've got balls mate I will give you that and I can totally understand where you are coming from as it takes two to tango, and the frustration caused!
I really hope this technical issue gets sorted so we can all get on with life and racing!
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #8654
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! The bottom line is like I said that the customer is the #1 priority and taking care of what you promised in the first place is what is important. The bottom line is, itís still TM that has made the decision who to have represented them and those have been poor and still poor decision as of today. When it is all about money or greed, it is the most ugliest dealing in life. You are deeper in a grudge against Sam than I care about, but I respect your feelings even if I like Sam. If anybody can sleep at night after not having integrity in any business, then shame on them, karma will come around; it just takes a few extra years for the public to see that.

That is what is great about freedom of speech, as long has itís not about you personally, it makes it easy to sleep at night. lol

Back to set-up, parts and where to buy.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:10 PM   #8655
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUGIWE View Post
thanks
Not 100% sure, but I've heard some of the "newer" plastic parts are more fragil then the original G4S parts. Maybe others can confim this, but I'm guessing aussies1129 is not changing the front for that reason. But just a guess, I know for a fact that the original G4S parts are VERY strong compaired to other cars manufacturers. Good luck, later.