Team Magic G4

Old 10-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default recent my G4S

i prepare korea kyosho Race in this weekend.

i will test Kyosho CRF engines in this race.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sany0003.jpg  
Old 10-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
Hi all....

Getting ready for the nationals and was wondering if there is anyone out there that has run on this track at all with the G4s or the G4+?? Just want to see what they like with there car for that track , since i get there pretty late in the week and practice will be at a premium....

Mike Blackstock
There are no local G4 drivers around this track, they just resealed it for the second time so everyones setup is up in the air right now until the track settles down but there are a couple of wicked bumps (one putting ron atomic into a flat spin going down the straight, while going straight amazingly enough) and with enough rubber the traction gets decent, previously to the point of traction rolling but I haven't seen it anywhere near where it was last year yet.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
There are no local G4 drivers around this track, they just resealed it for the second time so everyones setup is up in the air right now until the track settles down but there are a couple of wicked bumps (one putting ron atomic into a flat spin going down the straight, while going straight amazingly enough) and with enough rubber the traction gets decent, previously to the point of traction rolling but I haven't seen it anywhere near where it was last year yet.
how about gearing?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gansei

Have you run thr CRF in testing before the race? If so what is your opinion on it?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by casimirsa
Have you run thr CRF in testing before the race? If so what is your opinion on it?
i did not test it yet..

i will test it in this weekend.

and i heard from my friends that CRF bearing had not good quality.

so i will change the other maker bearing
(front bearing is same with novarossi 359's front
rear bearing is same with OS 12 TZ's rear)
Old 10-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i did not test it yet..

i will test it in this weekend.

and i heard from my friends that CRF bearing had not good quality.

so i will change the other maker bearing
(front bearing is same with novarossi 359's front
rear bearing is same with OS 12 TZ's rear)
Hi Gansei,

I have run the CRF engine almost all year and I find it very good. The bearings will suffer if you have poor quality fuel, but with good quality fuel (better quality oil), the bearings are very good. CRF does recommend changing them after every 10 hours though. The good thing is that the conrod very rarely needs replacing. The piston and sleeve are also very durable as long as you get everything right.

One of the best methods for tuning this engine is to start with 1.5 turns out on the middle needle and then adjust the low end needle to make 47.9mm (see the team orion site for a diagram). This is an excellent starting point and I always start at this point for racing. Adjust the top end needle for maximum power from there. If you want more bottom end, don't adjust the needle, just adjust the clutch parts.

I have even run this engine after it swallowed a plug element and it built up enough carbon deposit to seal the piston again.

The engine will not have the same bottom end power you were used to with the modified TZ engines, but you can compensate with clutch tuning and very slight bottom end needle settings.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnitro
Good luck to Patto, Mike Blackstone and Gansei master in your respective nationals. May the Gforce be with you.
Gforce?
Did you mean these guys?
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-180px-g-force_-_group_shot2.jpg  
Old 10-11-2007, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

W O W !!! that brings back memories
Old 10-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z00M
Hi Gansei,

I have run the CRF engine almost all year and I find it very good. The bearings will suffer if you have poor quality fuel, but with good quality fuel (better quality oil), the bearings are very good. CRF does recommend changing them after every 10 hours though. The good thing is that the conrod very rarely needs replacing. The piston and sleeve are also very durable as long as you get everything right.

One of the best methods for tuning this engine is to start with 1.5 turns out on the middle needle and then adjust the low end needle to make 47.9mm (see the team orion site for a diagram). This is an excellent starting point and I always start at this point for racing. Adjust the top end needle for maximum power from there. If you want more bottom end, don't adjust the needle, just adjust the clutch parts.

I have even run this engine after it swallowed a plug element and it built up enough carbon deposit to seal the piston again.

The engine will not have the same bottom end power you were used to with the modified TZ engines, but you can compensate with clutch tuning and very slight bottom end needle settings.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Zoom.

i purchased CRF clutch spring, CRF pipe

could you give me the Best UFO clutch setup informaiton when use CRF?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Perez
how about gearing?
with 62mm rear tires, I usually run a 27.36 first gear and 40.45 2nd gear. (final drive)
Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Brainhatesnitro....

Thanks for the info... You race the G4s there ??? Since i am getting there so late wed... It will be difficult as it is to get used to the track rather then having to worry about starting points....

Mike
Old 10-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
Brainhatesnitro....

Thanks for the info... You race the G4s there ??? Since i am getting there so late wed... It will be difficult as it is to get used to the track rather then having to worry about starting points....

Mike
Sorry I don't run a g4s and I don't think I've even seen one at the track before and certainly not since they've resurfaced it. The track is mostly 180 turns with short straights, one sweeper at the end of a 160-170' straight that is fairly tight. There are a few large bumps, but mostly smooth and medium traction.

At least everyone is in the dark since the new sealer was laid down. Ron Atomic was out testing last weekend and was at least a full second slower than he was on the previous track and was changing his setup considerably.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

oi Gansei Master - do tell me how the engine goes champ! really interested in its preformance!

plus those diffs i think i need to make you stickers KING OF SHINE!!!

speak soon champ
Old 10-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Zoom.

i purchased CRF clutch spring, CRF pipe

could you give me the Best UFO clutch setup informaiton when use CRF?
These settings are for UFO1 as I never tried UFO2.

I ran the red clutch parts, .5 or .6 gap(depending on the track and grip) and .3mm preload with the modified clutch nut (filing down the lip on the nut so it's flat.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hi guys whats the recommended diff oil for the g4s in the rear.
thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.