R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #811
Tech Regular

You're car is not free... my car off power rolls freely and has little slowing ... I sell a shaft car and there is no comparison.
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:29 PM   #812
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let me clear up the myths about the G4 for those who do not know. Team Magic,Kfactory and Hard racing are the same company. They are Team Magic and their brands. Team magic has always built the G4 and also parts for many other brands. The Team Magics lines of product have in the past been distributed by various distributors. Therefore people have thought that the distributor/distributors were the manufacturer of the car. Because Trinity was the initial distributor to bring in the car people tie the trinity name to it. It is a Team Magic car no matter who the distributor was and has been packaged special for some of them under different names. The bottom line is its a team magic car always was always will be. There have been several generations of the car. C,E, Evo/Mongoose and now G4S.

They also manufactured the reflex car
Old 03-22-2006, 07:10 AM   #813
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks motorman for that info cause i've been a bit confused about this subject.

In relation to the carbon side plates on the G4 vs. the standard alum., is there any performance difference between these parts or is the carbon just a cosmetic upgrade?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:14 AM   #814
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfelish
You're car is not free... my car off power rolls freely and has little slowing ... I sell a shaft car and there is no comparison.
Car is free, just not as free as the FW05RR was, which may be a good thing as I now don't have to brake on nearly every corner.
FW05 was always more at home running Rubber tyres so it will return to that but with an OS FS26C 4-stroke and a Serpent 200mm Truck body, it will no longer be the main race car, the G4S has that honour.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #815
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Missile pipe

Just an update on teh missile pipe issue, After adding shim and lean up the OS 12tz 5p, the engine run much faster then before and now it is consistant. maybe the engine is just too rich and new to have low high-end. ythe pipe is not bad, at least fir his OS .12tz(5p).

I didnot see the full potetial of the pipe on my 18tz(p) because the Spektrum failed me , it is on the way to Horizon . also I need to tune up my new UFO clutch, need now wieght cuz I did put too much weight on it, either a new weight or harder spring.

btw, how was the difference between stock weight and red one?
Old 03-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #816
Tech Regular

what is the difference between the K=FACTORY KV1 and the EAGLE Racing G4 team kit (team magic)
Hicksey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:56 PM   #817
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksey
what is the difference between the K=FACTORY KV1 and the EAGLE Racing G4 team kit (team magic)
2 very different car, KV-1 is the K-factory (team magic) repackage Reflex which is outdated for long in the race scene, it is now packagedd to aim at entry level people.

Eagle Racing G4 Team kit is the team magic G4 E-class, it is a kit with no eletronic and it is under distribute of Eagle Racing in some parts of the globe. the more updated version is team magic G4Evo/ Mongoose under RDLogics in U.S., the highest in G4 series is the new G4S which has some non-interchangable update of the original G4 series with A LOT more option parts.
team magic also has an RTR version of G4 called G4 LeMan, it is somewhat in between G4S and G4 E-Class/Eagle Racing team kit. which is a really good buy too.

Team Magic's website have more information on G4 series and KV-1

if you plan to get team magic car, go for G4 series

Phenix Distribution(Motorman) can answer all the question better then I do, He is one of the distributor for Team Magic in US.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:21 PM   #818
Tech Addict

has anyone owned the kyosho rrr or mugen mtx4 and can compare the handling to the g4s ???
has anyone done faster laptimes with the g4s than their previous cars and if so what cars were they ???
im just trying to get peoples experiences and to try and compare the 3 cars.
thanx
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:40 PM   #819
Tech Master

I have one driver who was running an RRR and says he turns lap times close to or the same, he tells me the difference is the G4S feels less twichy than the RRR

I don't think anyone as of yet has used the same engine in three setup cars to do a back to back evaluation. Its a matter of judgement and comfort with the car so I'm not sure anyone can say yet. I know for most of the phenix team we have yet to put the car on the track except once. We up north are still 3 weeks away from getting down to business up here.

I know some of the overseas guys have left opinions from time to time. Maybe they can comment.

Demetrius and Nick might have an opinion to.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:42 PM   #820
Tech Regular

You, I believe, are a bit premature in those questions. Comparing cars that have been out for sometime now to a car that is just getting in the hands of drivers.

I think the comparisons are a good idea, but comparative data at this time is not possible.

With that said, I think you will be very surprised during the course of this years racing events. The G4S is for real!

Sam
Old 03-23-2006, 10:43 PM   #821
Tech Master

Car Breaker I'm just going to leave your post as it is. I am trying real hard to get away from all the names that the G4 has been called over the years and just get down to the fact that there has been an C,E Evo and G4S regardless of what they have been named in the past. All the added names has caused great confusion.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:57 PM   #822
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Car Breaker I'm just going to leave your post as it is. I am trying real hard to get away from all the names that the G4 has been called over the years and just get down to the fact that there has been an C,E Evo and G4S regardless of what they have been named in the past. All the added names has caused great confusion.
Sorry to put you on table. I am just a noboady and U.S. collage had tought me well that I should always refer other to a credible source since I have no Ph.D. on RC
Old 03-23-2006, 11:22 PM   #823
Tech Regular

Car breaker , You are an owner of a G4S.... so all you need to know is how fast are you going to go!!! Wow bit of a rapper rhyme there... eh guys... I see a whole new career path!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:25 PM   #824
Tech Master

Car breaker i'm not putting you under the bus bro. I think the post you made is great. I always appreciate your contributions and enthuasiasm (sic)

You got it covered just fine
Old 03-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #825
Tech Master

ogre don't you ever sleep yea look who's talking huh 1:33 AM