R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #8101
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

sorry to see and hear about the misshap....i use small rubber band on throttle to help in that kind of disaster..or TX w/failsafe...but i feel ya...been there done that...
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 PM   #8102
Tech Addict
 
movingparts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Makati
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys! Anybody interested with my g4s for sale? The kit is in Manila, Philippines.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178355
movingparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:32 AM   #8103
Tech Fanatic
 
uniquexme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sibu, Sarawak
Posts: 901
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme
Default

wow can hijack selling here. i also letting go my G4S with Wasp Rev for only USD230, but item in malaysia.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 AM   #8104
Tech Apprentice
 
Lokanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10dude View Post
sorry to see and hear about the misshap....i use small rubber band on throttle to help in that kind of disaster..or TX w/failsafe...but i feel ya...been there done that...
Yeah, i know the trick. I just had to replace dead CRF (which has nice spring in carb) with this borrowed Mega and noone around had that rubber band

Anyway - the biggest mistake was leaving batteries as they were.

And actually after looking at the car i could say it's really durable. At full throttle head-on i expected something worse
Lokanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #8105
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GLC setup

Sorry it took me so long to get it on here.. I have been sick lately .. If there are anymore questions please do not hesitate to ask...

it is in pdf format,,

Mike Blackstock
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED, SMC BATTERIES, REEDY MOTORS, JACO TIRES, RADIOPOST RADIOS, LRP ELECTRONICS, PROTOFORM BODIES, MAKITA POWER TOOLS, KICKER PEFORMANCE AUDIO, KOLORS BY KROPY, MUCH-, RSD

Last edited by Mike Blackstock; 08-30-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #8106
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

thank's Mike for the file...hope you feel better...good to see ya on the forum...
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #8107
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

I just picked up some twister tires, but I was looking into buying more pairs, I am ordering from raceday soon so I was wondering how good are the Kfactory tires?

also if I get the new style anti-roll bar off the g4+ do I remove the old one inbetween the a-arms ?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #8108
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink

Well i guess the pdf did not work... So here it is typed out ...


2007 great lakes challenge setup


Front End...


Width 199 mm

Shocks... 60 wt oil 1.2 mm pistons
Spring.....1.7 mm
Shock position on the tower.... One hole in from the top
Shock position on the arm...... Outer hole.
Sway bar... Flat
Tire Shore/Diameter 40 / 58mm
Camber link speedshot front end ... middle setting
Camber .... LF 2.7 Rf 2.5
Ride height.. 5mm
Droop.... 2.0mm
Wheel base front... shims to the front

Rear of the car .......

Width..... 200mm
Shocks oil...... 40 wt 1.2mm piston
Shock Spring.....1.4mm
Shock location tower.. 2 hole in from outside...
Shock location on arm... outside hole..
Toe.... 3.5 per side
Camber link down on the bulkhead and 5mm spacers on the rear hub
Ride height 5.5 mm
Droop 3mm
Sway bar ... None..
Tires/Size..... 42 shore/60mm
Rear Diff lube.... 30000

Clutch...
Weights Red
Shoe Red
Spring mugen silver

Body protoform stratus

Wheel base 257mm shortend from the rear

if there are any more questions do not Hesitate to ask....or if i forgot something simple sorry...


Mike Blackstock
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED, SMC BATTERIES, REEDY MOTORS, JACO TIRES, RADIOPOST RADIOS, LRP ELECTRONICS, PROTOFORM BODIES, MAKITA POWER TOOLS, KICKER PEFORMANCE AUDIO, KOLORS BY KROPY, MUCH-, RSD
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #8109
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 46
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tools Required

I don't have any metric tools so I was wondering if somebody could tell me what size hex wrenches and nut drivers I will need for the 4GS. Thanks.
Stroker Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #8110
Tech Apprentice
 
casimirsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Ace View Post
I don't have any metric tools so I was wondering if somebody could tell me what size hex wrenches and nut drivers I will need for the 4GS. Thanks.
1.5mm Allen
2mm Allen - I use a .078 instead as it fits more snug into the cap and grub
screws than a 2mm
2.5mm Allen and maybe 3mm Allen if you decide to change one or to of the screw to a larger size
__________________
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it."

TM G4S (ED), TM G4S,SERPENT M2+835+960FD, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4-X, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4 (WORLDS CHASSIS), MUGEN SEIKI MTX4, MUGEN SEIKI MBX5T, HPI PRO4, TAMIYA, PALMARIS, RB C5+C5 RODY+V12 RODY, NOVAROSSI, JP, AXE ROSSI, MEGA, NOVAMEGA KHM, KO PROPO, HITEC, GRP, UFRA, ROBITRONICS, SJ, LRP
casimirsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #8111
Tech Master
 
CaseyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Having fun racing toy cars in beautiful AZ
Posts: 1,715
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hello Mike

I have a shop in AZ and we are planning to add nitro sedan on to our race program soon. The track will be on a smooth parking lot which is 180 x 75

my question to you is..what extras will needed to build this car into super duper race car.

or is it race ready set out of the box.

Thanks
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:48 AM   #8112
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
Hello Mike

I have a shop in AZ and we are planning to add nitro sedan on to our race program soon. The track will be on a smooth parking lot which is 180 x 75

my question to you is..what extras will needed to build this car into super duper race car.

or is it race ready set out of the box.

Thanks
Hi Casey,

Mike is unable to get on the forum as much as he would like.

I would say one of the essential upgrades for this car is the ED Transmission system, this really does make a difference to the car!
I would also ensure the gearing options are also available. These involve pinion and spur options.
There are improved gearboxes out now which are lighter and are also an improvement. Also many other options available.

Check out the G4+ Limited Edition. On the
www.teammagic.com.tw
site. As this car comes/came with 95% of all the option parts fitted.

Other then these, the G4s comes race ready straight out of the box with many 'race' options already on the car. In this guise the car has done very well time and time again.
What is a bonus is that any of the G4 line, be it RTR or the G4s, can be upgraded into a full race machine!

There are many other option which help to give extra tuning options, improve accessability and chassis stiffness.

British Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:46 AM   #8113
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

We had round 10 today of our club championship. Finally the weather was good to us, even if it was a little cool, it was much better than the rain we have been seeing lately.

I started out pretty poorly, still having radio issues even though I had changed to a lipo battery and changed the steering servo that I thought was the issue. Turns out, the throttle servo was no good as well, and this had me in the fence at the end of the main straight twice at full speed and a barrel roll across the infield that was pretty spectacular. The only damage was a chunked tire, a shock ball stud pulled out of the arm and the body is looking very second hand.

So by the third round of qualifying, I had a complete 5 min run and I was pleased and could start thinking about tyres and setup. In the fourth round with new tyres, the rear of the car was still very loose on turn in. Best lap up until that point for me was a low 17 sec lap.

I made some changes to the setup and redid my shocks as I think I may have used the wrong oil last time I built them. The car was instantly better from the start of the 10 min main. I was actually able to drive the car with some confidence which I haven't had for a while.

I had qualified 5th and I was 3rd behind Patto at the end of the first lap. I managed to get up on the tail of Paul but I didn't have enough in reserve to get by him. He was driving really well, even though he was down on engine power for the final. Since Paul was on all my apexes, I had to wait close behind him and see how things went.

Paul made the smallest mistake going on to the back straight and I got past before the next corner. I was able to make a small gap and we both seemed to gain a little ground on the leader but he had made good his escape by this time. At the end of the final, I was 3 sec behind the leader and Paul was only another 6 sec further back. So it was a good tight final with the first 3 cars covered by only 10 seconds.

I really enjoyed the second half of my day once I had gotten my radio issues under control finally. It has been a long time coming (probably 2 months since I had a clean run), and now I am looking forward to getting back to developing the setup (Paul had some interesting things on his car as well ) instead of dicking around with the radio gear.

Sorry for the long post, it just feels good to get back on the track.
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #8114
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M View Post
We had round 10 today of our club championship. Finally the weather was good to us, even if it was a little cool, it was much better than the rain we have been seeing lately.

I started out pretty poorly, still having radio issues even though I had changed to a lipo battery and changed the steering servo that I thought was the issue. Turns out, the throttle servo was no good as well, and this had me in the fence at the end of the main straight twice at full speed and a barrel roll across the infield that was pretty spectacular. The only damage was a chunked tire, a shock ball stud pulled out of the arm and the body is looking very second hand.

So by the third round of qualifying, I had a complete 5 min run and I was pleased and could start thinking about tyres and setup. In the fourth round with new tyres, the rear of the car was still very loose on turn in. Best lap up until that point for me was a low 17 sec lap.

I made some changes to the setup and redid my shocks as I think I may have used the wrong oil last time I built them. The car was instantly better from the start of the 10 min main. I was actually able to drive the car with some confidence which I haven't had for a while.

I had qualified 5th and I was 3rd behind Patto at the end of the first lap. I managed to get up on the tail of Paul but I didn't have enough in reserve to get by him. He was driving really well, even though he was down on engine power for the final. Since Paul was on all my apexes, I had to wait close behind him and see how things went.

Paul made the smallest mistake going on to the back straight and I got past before the next corner. I was able to make a small gap and we both seemed to gain a little ground on the leader but he had made good his escape by this time. At the end of the final, I was 3 sec behind the leader and Paul was only another 6 sec further back. So it was a good tight final with the first 3 cars covered by only 10 seconds.

I really enjoyed the second half of my day once I had gotten my radio issues under control finally. It has been a long time coming (probably 2 months since I had a clean run), and now I am looking forward to getting back to developing the setup (Paul had some interesting things on his car as well ) instead of dicking around with the radio gear.

Sorry for the long post, it just feels good to get back on the track.
Great. Excelent post Zoom!!
Congratulations to both you and Paul for both getting on the podium!! Just great.

I'm pleased you had a good day, in the end. It's so hard when you get a bad start like that to re-group and pull it together for the end.
Well done Zoom.

G4s (+) ? ----lol. Getting 2nd and 3rd ! That is a good day.
Congratulations!!

British Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #8115
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default

Congratulations Zoom and Paul !!

i had a great longing for the Race.

korea 1/10 engine race did not opened in 2-3 months.

__________________
MY SPONSORS:

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:03 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net