R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #796
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
yes it does. I tried that diff and it was so heavy I decided to use the gear diff. But thats just me.
Other than being heavy, is the rear diff better off in handling? How is it different in G4s compared to original?
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #797
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to slip a digital vernier caliper around their G4 shock tower and tell me how many millimetres it is? I am trying to determine if they are the same as my Reflex Trinity shock, which is about 12.04mm in diameter. I need some new caps, and can get the G4 caps/bladders, but not the Trinity ones.

Thanks

Josh
Helix70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:35 AM   #798
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix70
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to slip a digital vernier caliper around their G4 shock tower and tell me how many millimetres it is? I am trying to determine if they are the same as my Reflex Trinity shock, which is about 12.04mm in diameter. I need some new caps, and can get the G4 caps/bladders, but not the Trinity ones.

Thanks

Josh
which part you refer to?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #799
Tech Apprentice

The diameter of the barrel, the part with the thread that the adjuster ring and top caps screw on to.

Thanks,

Josh
Old 03-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #800
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix70
The diameter of the barrel, the part with the thread that the adjuster ring and top caps screw on to.

Thanks,

Josh
Contact Trinity for those shock caps/parts... They have them in stock and can get them to you in no time... Or go with the Mugen MTX3/4 caps and bladders... They should fit the Reflex shock body... They work on the G4's and they don't leak.

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #801
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default caps

just get the mugen shock caps thats what i used they worked well
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #802
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
Contact Trinity for those shock caps/parts... They have them in stock and can get them to you in no time... Or go with the Mugen MTX3/4 caps and bladders... They should fit the Reflex shock body... They work on the G4's and they don't leak.

RC_Alan
I did contact Trinity a week ago, still not heard a reply. I can't fnd the Mugen ones at rcmart, so I will try the G4 ones.

Thanks,

Josh
Old 03-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #803
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Cool

what is going on with the G4. Trinity has the G4 c-class, Evo, and now there's an S-class. On top of that RD Logics has the mongoose and K-factory is involved in thee after market parts. I currently have a G4 evo with a kfactory 4mm chassis, the new rear carbon shock tower by kfactory, carbon brake bracket w/belt tensioner, kfactory alum brake lever, real racing brake pads with the new vent. disc brake by kfactory, new steering system, and the UFO clutch. I guess you could say that I'm trying to make this into an S-class as much as possible. Does trinity use Kfactory parts on this S-class is it their own brand of upgrades? Also are the front and rear bulkheads the same on all cars or is the S-class different?
Old 03-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #804
Tech Master

This is the link for the conversion kit
Conversion Kit
Going by the photos the bulk heads are the same
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:12 AM   #805
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596
what is going on with the G4. Trinity has the G4 c-class, Evo, and now there's an S-class. On top of that RD Logics has the mongoose and K-factory is involved in thee after market parts. I currently have a G4 evo with a kfactory 4mm chassis, the new rear carbon shock tower by kfactory, carbon brake bracket w/belt tensioner, kfactory alum brake lever, real racing brake pads with the new vent. disc brake by kfactory, new steering system, and the UFO clutch. I guess you could say that I'm trying to make this into an S-class as much as possible. Does trinity use Kfactory parts on this S-class is it their own brand of upgrades? Also are the front and rear bulkheads the same on all cars or is the S-class different?
G4 is no longer under trinity. G4 Evo is packed as Mongoose and distribute by RDLogic. G4S is now under phenix Distribution.
Since you car has almost sll teh upgrade that come with G4S, all you need is the comvertion set, because anything that is not in teh convertion set are interchangable amoung all G4 series (G4 C,E,Evo,Mongoose,LeMan,S)
Old 03-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #806
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

it's kind of hard to see but how different is the chassis? I have the Kfactory 4mm chassis. Will the new kfactory special chassis be the same as the G4s?
Old 03-21-2006, 01:18 PM   #807
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596
it's kind of hard to see but how different is the chassis? I have the Kfactory 4mm chassis. Will the new kfactory special chassis be the same as the G4s?
I don't know the differences between the conventional Alu. chassis and the carbon reenforced chassis beside the price, but I know that the carbon reenforced chassis can be use in all G4 except that you cannot use the single bellcranck steering on G4S when using that carbon re-enforce chassis
Old 03-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #808
Tech Adept

Default Brakes

When properly set up, are the brakes supposed to lock up solid? When I apply full brake with my radio I can still rotate the shaft, but with very stiff resistance.
BimmerDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:56 PM   #809
Tech Regular

It sounds to me you would need more brake. However you should base this on your drag brake, meaning when the throttle goes to closed position on the carb, what amount of brake you have to slow the car down. Course this amount would depend on driving style, but I think once you get your drag brake in line, at full brake it would be solid. If not, your servo saver was not correctly positioned on your servo. Must make sure your servo is set at neutral point ( equal distant to R & L turning end points ) then put your servo saver on with rods and start setting your brake and throttle points.

Without seeing your servo movement, this is a starting base. Others may be able to give more ideas.

Sam
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #810
Tech Master

Drag Brake?
Do some racers still use this?
Guess coming from a shaft car I find the G4s slows quickly off power, I even had to reduce brake power as I was stopping too quickly.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote