Mikes qualified in 6th place at the GLC..... go Mike

Anyone else running a G4S/+ ???
Old 08-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Mikes qualified in 6th place at the GLC..... go Mike

Anyone else running a G4S/+ ???
there are 3 TM America drivers there, one being Mike. Menace i think is running around the 25th ? and Ben was 14th last i heard.

the rain stayed away today, and i got to run the G4+ today. i started basically kit setup, and worked on it from there. i played with springs and shock positions today. the rear end was taily early ended with the 1.2 spring on the rear and 1.7 on the front. i managed my fastest times today, both 5 in heat and fastest lap i have done. unfortunately, my Li-Po didnt with stand the heat today, the reg cut out 4 laps into the final where i had a very good chance for a win. will work on maintaining this battery setup a bit better in the future. ended 10th overall . but very pleased with the G4+ so far.

Last edited by Pattojnr; 08-05-2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good Luck to the TM drivers at the GLC today!!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default recommendations for a steering servo for g4s?

hey guys anyone have any recomendations for a good quality metal geared steering servo for my g4s that dosent cost a fortune?
Thanks
Michael
Old 08-05-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

gansei, have u tried the K14118 Alum. Adjustable Single Bell Crank Steering Arm? would u be able to find more steering and or better response in using it? thanks.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uniquexme
gansei, have u tried the K14118 Alum. Adjustable Single Bell Crank Steering Arm? would u be able to find more steering and or better response in using it? thanks.
are you using the speedshot front end ? if so try the lower outer position.
this really makes a difference to the response. bit too much for my liking, so i use the inner middle setting.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
are you using the speedshot front end ? if so try the lower outer position.
this really makes a difference to the response. bit too much for my liking, so i use the inner middle setting.
hi, m not using the speedshot front bulkhead.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

qualifying has been posted for the GLC.
Menace is running 62nd Ben Putterbaugh is 29th and Mike Blackstock is 6th.
good luck in the finals guys
Old 08-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Bud dont bother with the ally arm the plastic inserts strip.
rather leave the std one and have reliability.
If you want to play with front end traction then try the speed shot front end.
It is more expensive but well worth the effort for access to teh diffs and fron roll centre.
The std roll center setting though i find is best.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mains for the GLC were rained out. Too bad b/c my final two qualifiers ended early while I was on 15 5:10 or better pace, due to broken engine to manifold springs. Car was really running well and I was looking forward to a possible bump -up. Apparently the picco engines require a longer spring here?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey guys

I had a great day today. Qualified 3rd in the A-main and finished in 2nd!!
I was having a hard to keeping the back end together at the exit of the last turn into the straight.

In our 8 week point series im in 2nd with one week to go..

I wanna thank everyone who has help me make this G4S a great driver.

But i still have some questions. Can someone explain front and rear camber to me and the pros and cons?
Old 08-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
Bud dont bother with the ally arm the plastic inserts strip.
rather leave the std one and have reliability.
If you want to play with front end traction then try the speed shot front end.
It is more expensive but well worth the effort for access to teh diffs and fron roll centre.
The std roll center setting though i find is best.
yo bro, thanks for your reply. but i thought that the speed shot front set is mainly for easier access to the front diff and change of front belt? does it provide any performance gain? hmm..
Old 08-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

yo bro, thanks for your reply. but i thought that the speed shot front set is mainly for easier access to the front diff and change of front belt? does it provide any performance gain? hmm..
the speedshot front end has front roll centers to change. there are 2 different settings to try other than the stock setting. they both do make a difference, thats for sure. i have tried all 3 settings and i prefer the middle setting. if you were to update to the new arms as well, you can have a shorter wheelbase and more caster settings to try out as well. the smallest adjustment can sometimes make the biggest differences.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
the speedshot front end has front roll centers to change. there are 2 different settings to try other than the stock setting. they both do make a difference, thats for sure. i have tried all 3 settings and i prefer the middle setting. if you were to update to the new arms as well, you can have a shorter wheelbase and more caster settings to try out as well. the smallest adjustment can sometimes make the biggest differences.
hmm, sorry for asking, may i ask what does the roll centers refer to? and how do u change it with the speed shot? as for wheelbase, are we refering to the trackwidth or tire width between left and right tire?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

hmm, sorry for asking, may i ask what does the roll centers refer to? and how do u change it with the speed shot? as for wheelbase, are we refering to the trackwidth or tire width between left and right tire?
roll centers change the way the car reacts to directional changes. there are inserts for the top hinge pins on the speedshot front end. there are 3 settings to choose from. one gives a bit more mid corner on power steering, and one gives a faster steering response. the other is stock setting for the G4S. as far as wheelbase changes, this shortens the distance from the front and rear wheels. therefore changes the way the car is balanced over the front or rear wheels. this also gives you more tuning ability to get more front or rear end grip. the new style rear hubs are also good for easy rear roll center adjustments. so many choices i know, but all add up to a better setup car in the end. one thing id do is run down your spares you have now, and start replacing them with the new parts available, so it wont really cost anymore, just means your slowly updating your car when you feel comfortable doing so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.