R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #7831
Tech Apprentice
 
casimirsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimirsa View Post
Hey Razzor, is all OK? Please phone me!
Razzor and myself chats about everyday via mobile phone (celular) and he became unreachable!

He contactect me yesterday pfew!

His mobile phone was broken!

So all is well! My mate is Healthy and well!
__________________
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it."

TM G4S (ED), TM G4S,SERPENT M2+835+960FD, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4-X, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4 (WORLDS CHASSIS), MUGEN SEIKI MTX4, MUGEN SEIKI MBX5T, HPI PRO4, TAMIYA, PALMARIS, RB C5+C5 RODY+V12 RODY, NOVAROSSI, JP, AXE ROSSI, MEGA, NOVAMEGA KHM, KO PROPO, HITEC, GRP, UFRA, ROBITRONICS, SJ, LRP
casimirsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:29 AM   #7832
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Bud all is good just being stretched out a bit.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #7833
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default selling G4S

Sadly, I am selling all my g4s stuff. Check the forsale forums please.

2k plus worth of unopened k-factory parts (essentially 3-4 rolling chassis)
G4S RTR only ran once
Futaba 3pk radio, never used

detailed description comin in the future.
Krafcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #7834
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

guys quick question


I am ordering a bearing set a cheapo set just to have extras and I was wondering this place has no g4s kits.

but they have kyosho set that works on any car from the V-One S to the V-RRR WC Team, would that kit fit my g4s perfectly? I hear the cars are very identical
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 AM   #7835
Tech Apprentice
 
Jorge G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fairfax VA
Posts: 85
Default Better use original bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
guys quick question


I am ordering a bearing set a cheapo set just to have extras and I was wondering this place has no g4s kits.

but they have kyosho set that works on any car from the V-One S to the V-RRR WC Team, would that kit fit my g4s perfectly? I hear the cars are very identical
I noticed my G4s kind of jumping a little bit on the track it took a while to find out that the problem was the rear diff bearings. I was using ceramic bearings but the size was not exactly the same therefore there was some play on the differential. I was not using cheap bearings but a set of 90 USD better be carefull
__________________
TC6
XRAY NT1/ Novarossi 353 Race Engine
F1 F104 Pro V2
Jorge G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #7836
Tech Regular
 
dnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge G View Post
I noticed my G4s kind of jumping a little bit on the track it took a while to find out that the problem was the rear diff bearings. I was using ceramic bearings but the size was not exactly the same therefore there was some play on the differential. I was not using cheap bearings but a set of 90 USD better be carefull
Where is the size difference? Is it in the inner hole, or is it the outer diameter. If the outer diameter is loose, maybe the two set-screws on trop of the rear bulkhead bracket is too loose and needs to be screwed in more.

where did the bearings come from?
__________________
TM G4S
IDM Evo3
dnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #7837
Tech Apprentice
 
Jorge G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fairfax VA
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnitro View Post
Where is the size difference? Is it in the inner hole, or is it the outer diameter. If the outer diameter is loose, maybe the two set-screws on trop of the rear bulkhead bracket is too loose and needs to be screwed in more.

where did the bearings come from?
The difference was on the outer diameter, I am not 100% confident but those where either boca or some other popular brand they came as a set for the Evo kit. I knew this was the problem because by replacing them with the originals the problem was gone.
__________________
TC6
XRAY NT1/ Novarossi 353 Race Engine
F1 F104 Pro V2
Jorge G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #7838
Tech Apprentice
 
Jorge G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fairfax VA
Posts: 85
Default Original Bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge G View Post
The difference was on the outer diameter, I am not 100% confident but those where either boca or some other popular brand they came as a set for the Evo kit. I knew this was the problem because by replacing them with the originals the problem was gone.
I was remembering that we (my team mates and me) measure the bearings with a digital caliper and the original ones were a little bigger
__________________
TC6
XRAY NT1/ Novarossi 353 Race Engine
F1 F104 Pro V2
Jorge G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #7839
ALG
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: LIMA PERU
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge G View Post
I was remembering that we (my team mates and me) measure the bearings with a digital caliper and the original ones were a little bigger
What do you mean by bigger??? 1mm or 0.1mm or 0.01mm
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #7840
Tech Regular
 
qcrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IA Quad Cities
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

For those of you following the Great Lakes Challange Mike Blackstock is sitting in the fifth spot with his G4. Not too bad for his first time out with it.
Go Team Magic America!
qcrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #7841
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

they were only $10 but its only 16 bearings for drivetrain only I will only use them incase I loose a bearing doesnt hurt to have extras
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #7842
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Good going Mike B
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:40 AM   #7843
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcrc View Post
For those of you following the Great Lakes Challange Mike Blackstock is sitting in the fifth spot with his G4. Not too bad for his first time out with it.
Go Team Magic America!
Hope the rest of the Racedays Team is going ok as well.
Lets bring it home MB !
hopefully the rain stays away long enough to get some laps in with the G4+ tommorow. hasnt even seen fuel in the tank yet ! lol
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:05 AM   #7844
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Hey, I know that GRP tires look cool on circuit. ...... especially when running in front of spectators , they look really

I'm sure you are experienced drivers so you can use GRP tires with thin spokes.
ASW I shall keep you informed on a person in Perth Western Australia who will supercharge his F 430 very soon. Already pulling 12.1 sec 1/4 mile at Kwinana Raceway missing third gear on two occasions.
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #7845
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

Cheer's for Mike B.....................go Team Magic.......
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net