R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 AM   #7546
Tech Apprentice
 
muppet racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei View Post
thanks ZOOM...

But according to my knowledge..

rear traction is bad as more spacers under the outer rear top link..

so i tried 0~1mm spacers under the outer rear top link for rear traction..

is it wrong?
Hi Gansei,

Zoom is correct, I always find more traction with this setting. With less spacers, the rear feels very good, until the rear of the car collpases just as you want to get on the power ! I dont know whether this is supposed to happen in theory, and to be honest I dont care ! You just have to find what works on the track......

A general bit of advice....
I think you need to forget the theory, just find what works, and have confidence to stick to it. If you have a basic chassis setting that gives a balanced car with good rotation, which ever track you race on, you know that your car is ok. If the track has low traction, then adjust the tyres or wait for track conditions to improve. There is no point in setting a car up on a low grip track........

Good Luck.
muppet racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:01 AM   #7547
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet racing View Post
Hi Gansei,

Zoom is correct, I always find more traction with this setting. With less spacers, the rear feels very good, until the rear of the car collpases just as you want to get on the power ! I dont know whether this is supposed to happen in theory, and to be honest I dont care ! You just have to find what works on the track......

A general bit of advice....
I think you need to forget the theory, just find what works, and have confidence to stick to it. If you have a basic chassis setting that gives a balanced car with good rotation, which ever track you race on, you know that your car is ok. If the track has low traction, then adjust the tyres or wait for track conditions to improve. There is no point in setting a car up on a low grip track........

Good Luck.
perfect tip for our track i shall try this setup up for ou low grip track!!!

i have forgotten about theoryies, they seem to be right, but at times the opposite works LOL
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #7548
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

We missed out on our race this weekend, it was very very wet, thou can i ask a question in the worlds whick i cant remebr they ran in the wet!!!

Now what tire can work in the wet? any tips or advice here
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:23 AM   #7549
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M View Post
The silver springs all around actually work quite well on our track Mark.
Thanks Mike, I shall bring the lot down (springs and new car) this Sunday to test. Weather permitting!!
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:30 AM   #7550
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc05hdt View Post
I have just 99% assembled G4S and have query with silver factory spring for rear. I feel too hard. Is anyone racing with factory silver spring in rear? I have put in V one RRR spring in back for now as dont have Team Magic Spring Kit ??
The std silver springs acyually work very well on med traction surfaces.
I built a stock G4S a few month back to use as club chassis and was pleasantly surprised how well it ran with the silver spring with stock setup from manual.
Then again it would depend on your home track but its definately worth a try.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #7551
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M View Post
The more spacers on the outer top link the lower the roll centre. Lower roll centre will generate more grip on power while turning but it will make the change of direction a little bit slower.
I was using the std spacer setup of 2 shims initially and after changing to muppets setup and adding 2 more shims the back end was noticeably better.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:47 AM   #7552
Tech Master
 
grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,021
Default

took the g4+ out for a run today
first there more sterring than the g4s
you will need to put the extra shims on the rear hubs to get more rear traction
the two speed will need ajusting as its not set a factory
a very easy and smooth car to drive with the basic set up
and basic driverc
__________________
This is my xray nt1!
There are many other xray nt1's like it, but this one is mine!
Without my xray nt1,I am nothing!
Without me, my xray nt1 is nothing!
pop corn anyone or maybe some fairy floss
grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:15 AM   #7553
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Made it to the A-main after 3 weeks :)

First I wanna thank everyone who has helped me with everything.
I'll give you a little run down of how it's been going down.
We are only 3 weeks into the point series

1st week made the b-main finished 4
2nd week made the b-main finished 1
3rd week made the a-main finished 3

I could have gotten 2nd yesterday but had some problem during the main.
First i cut a corner to sharp and ended up 3 feet in the air and landed on my back and ripped the wing off. Man do they make a difference. I had a hard time keep it straight on the straight but in the infield i loved the way the car felt. When i went into the turn the rear would get around so fast and it wouldnt break loose. Thats what i want.

My second problem was my 2nd speed gear stripped, maybe that was a good thing because if second would come in i might of spun out all the time without the wing.

Any tips on getting the rear to swing around but not break loose
I dont have my setup sheet with me but i'll try my best

spring front 1.6 rear 1.7
shock oil front/rear 60wt.
toe front 1.5 rear -2.5
camber front 2.5 rear 3.5
droop front 0 rear 3
rear diff 10k
roll bar front 0 rear 90

Again guys thanks for all the help..
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:58 AM   #7554
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
First I wanna thank everyone who has helped me with everything.
I'll give you a little run down of how it's been going down.
We are only 3 weeks into the point series

1st week made the b-main finished 4
2nd week made the b-main finished 1
3rd week made the a-main finished 3

I could have gotten 2nd yesterday but had some problem during the main.
First i cut a corner to sharp and ended up 3 feet in the air and landed on my back and ripped the wing off. Man do they make a difference. I had a hard time keep it straight on the straight but in the infield i loved the way the car felt. When i went into the turn the rear would get around so fast and it wouldnt break loose. Thats what i want.

My second problem was my 2nd speed gear stripped, maybe that was a good thing because if second would come in i might of spun out all the time without the wing.

Any tips on getting the rear to swing around but not break loose
I dont have my setup sheet with me but i'll try my best

spring front 1.6 rear 1.7
shock oil front/rear 60wt.
toe front 1.5 rear -2.5
camber front 2.5 rear 3.5
droop front 0 rear 3
rear diff 10k
roll bar front 0 rear 90

Again guys thanks for all the help..
Bud good to hear you running well and improving
I know the feeling as i had a similar hassle when loosing a wing at a nat event earlier this year.

I guess to get that rear end a tad happier than it is ,maybe take out some rear toe or maybe even front caster as the car responds very well to caster changes.Personally i am more confident and faster with a understeering car than a oversteering one.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #7555
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
The std silver springs acyually work very well on med traction surfaces.
I built a stock G4S a few month back to use as club chassis and was pleasantly surprised how well it ran with the silver spring with stock setup from manual.
Then again it would depend on your home track but its definately worth a try.
Thanks Razzor
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #7556
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet racing View Post
Hi Gansei,

Zoom is correct, I always find more traction with this setting. With less spacers, the rear feels very good, until the rear of the car collpases just as you want to get on the power ! I dont know whether this is supposed to happen in theory, and to be honest I dont care ! You just have to find what works on the track......

A general bit of advice....
I think you need to forget the theory, just find what works, and have confidence to stick to it. If you have a basic chassis setting that gives a balanced car with good rotation, which ever track you race on, you know that your car is ok. If the track has low traction, then adjust the tyres or wait for track conditions to improve. There is no point in setting a car up on a low grip track........

Good Luck.
thanks Daz..

i will keep your advice..
__________________
MY SPONSORS:

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:55 AM   #7557
Tech Regular
 
dnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post

Any tips on getting the rear to swing around but not break loose
I dont have my setup sheet with me but i'll try my best

spring front 1.6 rear 1.7
shock oil front/rear 60wt.
toe front 1.5 rear -2.5
camber front 2.5 rear 3.5
droop front 0 rear 3
rear diff 10k
roll bar front 0 rear 90

Again guys thanks for all the help..
Another option that some people have done is to grind down the front part of the rear lower suspension arm by 2-3mm and add spacers. Then you need to add spacers behind the arm. This will help to rotate the car faster.
__________________
TM G4S
IDM Evo3
dnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:17 AM   #7558
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default

rear roll bar had two types... adjustable type VS wire type..

i used wire type in G4S.. and after conversion G4+.. i used adjustable type.

i know that adjustable type is harder than wire type.

and adjustable type can not do detail roll bar setup

i quess that My G4S+ lost rear traction compare with G4S because replaced rear roll bar


adjustable type had no tweak.
wire type had tweak.

so new rear roll bar is developing..

adjustable type had tweak!!!







__________________
MY SPONSORS:

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #7559
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei View Post
MY G4S+ died!!!!! in the entry of straight..

for too much torque... my G4S+ was sick!!
Oh man! So sorry to see this!

I don't understand what you mean too much torque .. you couldn't control the throttle?
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:54 AM   #7560
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
Oh man! So sorry to see this!

I don't understand what you mean too much torque .. you couldn't control the throttle?
my G4S front belt was stripped..

But i did not know the belt problem..

so.. my g4s was spinned on throttle in exit cornering and go straight on front of fense..
__________________
MY SPONSORS:

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:41 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net