Team Magic G4

Old 07-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

gidday i ve just built the g4+ can some one tell me length of the rear sway bar arms as the book says 50.7 there no way you can get that the closest i got was 47.8 and thats withabout 1 thread on the balls and they still fell week grub

Last edited by grub; 07-06-2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Has anyone raced at Lesiure Hours Raceway with a G4S yet? If so what kind of set-up works good?
Old 07-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grub
gidday i ve just built the g4+ can some one tell me length of the rear sway bar arms as the book says 50.7 there no way you can get that the closest i got was 47.8 and thats withabout 1 thread on the balls and they still fell week grub
i had that same probelem aswell, you can do two things make it shorter as you have, or replace those adjustment arms with something a bit ore strength in them!!!

i too have it around 47 -48mm
Old 07-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well guys, i went and ran in the WASP CRF today, after 5 tanks of fuel she has come on song rather well!!!

temps are only 205F but man has it got some power

Gotta say the indoor track that we tested on was rather short, but you still could hit 2nd gear half way then back off.

Also found it rather hard to point it straight as it wanted to step out side ways alot!!!!

Hopefull the weather clears up for tomorrows race at out outdoor track Littlehampton!

Looking forward to see what times i can lap with this monster!

New fuel is being used by Massive Mods 333 - good run time even thou its still pretty rich
Old 07-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

howdy Grub, the last time i saw you, you were a bit under the weather, i cant imagine why ? but i do hope you built the kit with out the burbon under the belt. how many cans was it actually ? i heard about 20 cans thats an awesome effort.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
howdy Grub, the last time i saw you, you were a bit under the weather, i cant imagine why ? but i do hope you built the kit with out the burbon under the belt. how many cans was it actually ? i heard about 20 cans thats an awesome effort.
gidday patto
no bourbons this time mate.
rumor is 26 but i was too sick to remember
fell better these days
Old 07-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

gidday patto
no bourbons this time mate.
rumor is 26 but i was too sick to remember
fell better these days
good to hear man. so how was the G4+ to build ? i hope to be getting mine in a few weeks. just in time for my birthday , (as i hint to the misses)
Old 07-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

good to hear man. so how was the G4+ to build ? i hope to be getting mine in a few weeks. just in time for my birthday , (as i hint to the misses)
mate hinted & hinted to my misses for my birthday too
but i ended up buying it .
the kit was really easy to build took 3 half hours and trying to build it with all me mates sniffing around to .
Old 07-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Initiate

mate hinted & hinted to my misses for my birthday too
but i ended up buying it .
the kit was really easy to build took 3 half hours and trying to build it with all me mates sniffing around to .
Nice - Bring it down to Bayswater next weekend. Did you race today?
Old 07-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Danjr
Nice - Bring it down to Bayswater next weekend. Did you race today?
no dan ,to much rain
track under water needed flippers just to get to the ronstrum
ill try during the week ..my car will be coming to work with me...
i think there could be 2 of us coming next week all depends on the weather...

Last edited by grub; 07-08-2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: add words
Old 07-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

no dan ,to much rain
track under water needed flippers just to get to the ronstrum
ill try during the week ..my car will be coming to work with me...
i think there could be 2 of us coming next week all depends on the weather...
weather isnt looking good so far for next weekend. i do hope i am wrong, as its been too long since we have raced
Old 07-08-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

weather isnt looking good so far for next weekend. i do hope i am wrong, as its been too long since we have raced
patto we've only raced once since the state titles and that was thwe following week ,and no track time ...weather against us
Old 07-08-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

patto we've only raced once since the state titles and that was thwe following week ,and no track time ...weather against us
well it has been too long, but one more round day out of the way , and then bring on the G4+. i hope its all ready for 1st of next month. just going through all my spares now, trying to sort out what i can keep and what i cant use anymore. then the G4S i will sell once the G4+ is racing, but i will be getting a 4mm non engraved chassis to run it, keep the special one with the certificate
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

well it has been too long, but one more round day out of the way , and then bring on the G4+. i hope its all ready for 1st of next month. just going through all my spares now, trying to sort out what i can keep and what i cant use anymore. then the G4S i will sell once the G4+ is racing, but i will be getting a 4mm non engraved chassis to run it, keep the special one with the certificate
i think theres going to be a big flood of pre loved g4s on the market next month
Old 07-08-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

the g4+ was ment to be the car with all the hopups
but in the g4+ kit, the middle pulley mount and the servo mount are plastic and they do a aluminum one, and no adjustable sterring akerman so to me they are hopups
so was tm trying to say on weight and no ceramis bearings either my2cents
apart from that a great car to build
cant wait to see it on the track but

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.