Team Magic G4

Reply

Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 AM
  #7411  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally Posted by gansei View Post
i tested my G4S (80%-90% G4+) in today

i found UFO Clutch Black Shoe Problem.

shoe was pressed down by bell and shoe changed sharp shape.

when i tried first about 10 fuel tank run..

there are no problem in shoe.

But after 10 fuel than.. Clearance(clutch gap) changed each 1 tank run.

i checked shoe.. and i found the new black shoe(UFO2) had bigger diameter than old Black shoe.

clutch bell had same diameter of UFO2 NEW shoe.

i think clutch bell's diameter must be larger than Shoe's diameter.

if not and had same diameter.. clutch bell edge will press shoe edge..

then shoe will be wear out in sharp shape.. like my shoe.

how about you think?


i consider cutting UFO2 shoe to have small diameter.

I think you're right but its almost an advantage because the edge of the clutch bell now "digs" onto the edges of the shoe ... but I guess this will only be a for a short while and then after that I think operation should return to normal.

You have to remember that the gap get bigger as the shoe wears, the engagement becomes harder and harder and therefore the rate of wear increases. This is the problem with the black "normal" shoes even if from other manufacturers, the accelrated wear at the end causes inconsistencies .
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:35 AM
  #7412  
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
I think you're right but its almost an advantage because the edge of the clutch bell now "digs" onto the edges of the shoe ... but I guess this will only be a for a short while and then after that I think operation should return to normal.

You have to remember that the gap get bigger as the shoe wears, the engagement becomes harder and harder and therefore the rate of wear increases. This is the problem with the black "normal" shoes even if from other manufacturers, the accelrated wear at the end causes inconsistencies .
i did setup clutch gap 0.3mm as before i metioned.

i called to TM Korea Distributor before 1 hour.

and said this problem.

he said large New clutch bell maybe was released.. But not imported.

i will check it from TM edith soon...
gansei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:04 AM
  #7413  
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default UFO2

when i see the picture of Kfactory product site,

the UFO2 Bell is not bigger than shoe

gansei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:08 AM
  #7414  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally Posted by gansei View Post
i did setup clutch gap 0.3mm as before i metioned.

i called to TM Korea Distributor before 1 hour.

and said this problem.

he said large New clutch bell maybe was released.. But not imported.

i will check it from TM edith soon...
Hmmm, strange they don't import it. Order it online from somewhere ...
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:10 AM
  #7415  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally Posted by gansei View Post
when i see the picture of Kfactory product site,

the UFO2 Bell is not bigger than shoe ...

Yes agree with you, so that means your bell and shoes are the right ones.
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:07 PM
  #7416  
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
I think you're right but its almost an advantage because the edge of the clutch bell now "digs" onto the edges of the shoe ... but I guess this will only be a for a short while and then after that I think operation should return to normal.

You have to remember that the gap get bigger as the shoe wears, the engagement becomes harder and harder and therefore the rate of wear increases. This is the problem with the black "normal" shoes even if from other manufacturers, the accelrated wear at the end causes inconsistencies .
but I guess this will only be a for a short while and then after that I think operation should return to normal.

-> no.. new black shoe wear out .. and i resetup clutch setup.. and after
1 tank race.. shoe wear out again..
so the shoe was very thin.. it can't used... i throw the shoe to wastebasket
gansei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:18 PM
  #7417  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
uniquexme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sibu, Sarawak
Posts: 901
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

wow gansei, that means this new UFO 2 clutch shoe is not lasting oso. how about the price of this new shoe? more expensive than the old one? and not lasting. hmm, Kfactory need to do something about their new products.

oh, guys, may i ask whats the total shock length for front and rear? coz whenever my tire wear out to about 60-70% i can't set the rear ride height to 6mm, its stuck at 5mm, even if u fully tighten the shock nut. thanks. my frenz with Kyosho shock seems not to have this problem. yesterday, i was bored at track, i changed the stock shock cap (connecting to the shock shaft), to mugen ones (need to do some cutting), but then when tire wear out, its still the same. thanks.
uniquexme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:55 PM
  #7418  
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default

Originally Posted by uniquexme View Post
wow gansei, that means this new UFO 2 clutch shoe is not lasting oso. how about the price of this new shoe? more expensive than the old one? and not lasting. hmm, Kfactory need to do something about their new products.

oh, guys, may i ask whats the total shock length for front and rear? coz whenever my tire wear out to about 60-70% i can't set the rear ride height to 6mm, its stuck at 5mm, even if u fully tighten the shock nut. thanks. my frenz with Kyosho shock seems not to have this problem. yesterday, i was bored at track, i changed the stock shock cap (connecting to the shock shaft), to mugen ones (need to do some cutting), but then when tire wear out, its still the same. thanks.
i don't know shoe price..

i buy several parts.. and did not check particular price.

i quess.. shoe must have a litte small diameter or bell become larger!
gansei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:12 PM
  #7419  
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default Women Drivers are F*cked

I wish racing was on today as a lady hit my brand new car today......... Her excuse was that she couldn't see me. How can you miss and orange car? Especially a GT!
vc05hdt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:27 AM
  #7420  
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default G4+ test

i run My G4+ conversion kit in korea circuit.

my G4 was very aggressive in cornering.
(my g4 show nice activity in low traction(some dusty ground))


car go well in big size rear tire(61mm~65mm)

But car's rear was flowed or slip in small size rear tire(60mm below)

my g4 width setup was front 197mm, rear 199mm

so i will test front 198mm, rear 200mm to solve rear slip probelm in next week.
gansei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:00 AM
  #7421  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by uniquexme View Post
oh, guys, may i ask whats the total shock length for front and rear? coz whenever my tire wear out to about 60-70% i can't set the rear ride height to 6mm, its stuck at 5mm, even if u fully tighten the shock nut. thanks. my frenz with Kyosho shock seems not to have this problem. yesterday, i was bored at track, i changed the stock shock cap (connecting to the shock shaft), to mugen ones (need to do some cutting), but then when tire wear out, its still the same. thanks.
Shocks should be around 64-65mm
Check your downstops, they could be screwed out too far and not allowing the arm to drop.
Lycan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:09 AM
  #7422  
Tech Fanatic
 
MaDaGAS CAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: RADelaide
Posts: 861
Default

Originally Posted by vc05hdt View Post
I wish racing was on today as a lady hit my brand new car today......... Her excuse was that she couldn't see me. How can you miss and orange car? Especially a GT!
shit that must of hurt is it a new gt or an old 1
MaDaGAS CAR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:37 AM
  #7423  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally Posted by gansei View Post
but I guess this will only be a for a short while and then after that I think operation should return to normal.

-> no.. new black shoe wear out .. and i resetup clutch setup.. and after
1 tank race.. shoe wear out again..
so the shoe was very thin.. it can't used... i throw the shoe to wastebasket
Ah man, this is bad news then. I wonder what shoe muppet uses? We'll have to wait, he's racing today ... I didn't go because the forecast was rain/showers ... I don't enjoy racing in the wet even though Unc Ray Wood thought I did.
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:23 AM
  #7424  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
Yes agree with you, so that means your bell and shoes are the right ones.
What i think Gansei might be trying to say is that the origianl ED Trans Bell is larger in diameter, i currently have 3 bells in stock, i have the original ED trans which covers the whole shoe, i have the stock bell that came with kit that looks the same as the Kfactory UFO2 style, then i have a Kfactory one just recently bought thinking it was the ED trans type but it was same as Stock labeled as Kfactory!

TOOOO many Bells, tooo much confusing id say for Clutch setups!

We all know how critical clutches are, and i think team Magic need to sort it out sooner the better as we dont need this problem with Modified Engines!

Just want to point out that my Original Clutch lasted easy 6 rounds of racing and many practices days! freaky as it is, but i think it was a good earned usage out of that little sucker!

just my 2cents worth!!!!
Kodak Hodak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:19 AM
  #7425  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak View Post
What i think Gansei might be trying to say is that the origianl ED Trans Bell is larger in diameter, i currently have 3 bells in stock, i have the original ED trans which covers the whole shoe, i have the stock bell that came with kit that looks the same as the Kfactory UFO2 style, then i have a Kfactory one just recently bought thinking it was the ED trans type but it was same as Stock labeled as Kfactory!

TOOOO many Bells, tooo much confusing id say for Clutch setups!

We all know how critical clutches are, and i think team Magic need to sort it out sooner the better as we dont need this problem with Modified Engines!

Just want to point out that my Original Clutch lasted easy 6 rounds of racing and many practices days! freaky as it is, but i think it was a good earned usage out of that little sucker!

just my 2cents worth!!!!
Ah right ... in that case I agree with you, TM need to sort this out.
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service