Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by razzor
Think you guys should look at the CRF package deal with pipe etc..
good value for money.
The JLR though is a excellent engine too.
For those of us looking for an engine, what is the "CRF package deal with pipe"? Thanks
Old 06-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=13004

Unfortunately i see the special they had is over but its still good value .
Alternatives:

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=12084
or Ninja equivalent at same price.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=20748
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=23478

Very good deal is the Mega ZX12 sport pack.
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=18728
Old 06-25-2007, 10:37 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Hey guys

It's been a while since i've been on because i was doing my off-road racing. Now im back to the car i love!!!

On Sunday i went out and had a blast. Didnt do to good but i was happy. Ended up 4th in the b-main but had 2 flame. Oh well. The car handled great but it has a little push exiting corners on throttle. I need some setup help
This is my setup

spring front 1.6 rear 1.7
shock oil front/rear 60wt.
toe front 1.5 rear -3
camber front 2.5 rear 3.5
droop front 2 rear 3
rear diff 10k
roll bar front 0 rear 90

If you need more info please ask and i will check my setup sheet.
NEXT time at the track start playing with your front are DROOP. If you dont have traction roll problems, try using 1 o 0 droop at front.

Have fun
Old 06-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALG
NEXT time at the track start playing with your front are DROOP. If you dont have traction roll problems, try using 1 o 0 droop at front.

Have fun
Fun i am having.

I will try that next. How about a little less toe in for the rear? Would that help me? The car wouldnt oversteer regardless of how hard i hit it into or out of a corner.
THanks for you help..
Old 06-25-2007, 12:45 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Fun i am having.

I will try that next. How about a little less toe in for the rear? Would that help me? The car wouldnt oversteer regardless of how hard i hit it into or out of a corner.
THanks for you help..

Make one change at a time.
With less toe on the rear you "may" have problem coming out the corner on acceleration. But that is a easy and fast set-up modification.

Start with the droop and the go with the rear TOE. I normaly run 2, when the track is on VERY good condition and 3 most of the time.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ALG
Make one change at a time.
With less toe on the rear you "may" have problem coming out the corner on acceleration. But that is a easy and fast set-up modification.

Start with the droop and the go with the rear TOE. I normaly run 2, when the track is on VERY good condition and 3 most of the time.

Sounds good ALG. Thanks for the tips.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Withdrawn
Old 06-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

man, u guys should try OS Speed Spec II.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anyone upgraded their wheel hub or wheel hex adaptor? i have broken 2 pc coz the screw head snapped off, and screw got stuck inside. maybe there are some better ones out there. thanks
Old 06-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucknuts
Yeah he's got that backwards. Whatever end is shortened is the one that gains static weight because the distance to the CG decreases.
dont want to start anything here, but my thaughts on the subject are divided.
seems that the shorter rear arms do tend to put weight on the rear wheels, but with that extra weight ? what happens under braking ? this is extra weight transfer to the front ? this may give you some more front weight transfer under braking. also same if just the front was shortened. the extra weight on the front wheels would gain more rear weight transfer, thus leading to more rear grip under power.
just my thaughts im no expert on geometry, but it all makes sense, the extra weight has to go somewhere, and result in extra grip or turn somwhere.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Fun i am having.

THanks for you help..
Less too in should help you with more on power steering. What rear diff oil are you using? I've been using 50K Mugen for high grip track, and 30K for med grip track.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default G4+ Conversion..

i will do conversion My G4S to G4+.

i will get G4+ spare and option parts tomorrow.

this is my conversion list.

1. ‘Flying Wing’ Suspension Arms (front upper/low. rear sus), front knucle arm.

2. rear bulkhead,rear bulk bracket, rear Y type stebil.

3. 2nd gear, 2nd gear housing, 2-speed shoe, new clutch shoe.

i will take a picture my G4+ conversion machine in tomorrow
Old 06-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dnitro
Less too in should help you with more on power steering. What rear diff oil are you using? I've been using 50K Mugen for high grip track, and 30K for med grip track.
I will try the droop first and if it's still not enough i will ty the toe out. My rear diff is 10k. The grip is very low.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
dont want to start anything here, but my thaughts on the subject are divided.
seems that the shorter rear arms do tend to put weight on the rear wheels, but with that extra weight ? what happens under braking ? this is extra weight transfer to the front ? this may give you some more front weight transfer under braking. also same if just the front was shortened. the extra weight on the front wheels would gain more rear weight transfer, thus leading to more rear grip under power.
just my thaughts im no expert on geometry, but it all makes sense, the extra weight has to go somewhere, and result in extra grip or turn somwhere.
You haven't added any weight so there is no "extra" weight. Its just their relative "positions" have changed.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
You haven't added any weight so there is no "extra" weight. Its just their relative "positions" have changed.
the weight of the car isnt changing. but if you move the wheels forward or backward , then the weight balance changes. thats what i was trying to say.
the center point of the weight between the front and rear wheels is changing, so the balance is there for changing. or am i reading too much into it ?
i know i have had problems getting steering into the car of late, and the 3mm shorter rear wheel base has made that a thing of the past, so there is something in it. i wouldnt mind trying a std rear and a shorter front wheel base just to see the changes. im guessing it will give me a little more rear grip and then be chasing steering again. so there are valid points to ZOOMs statement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.