R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #6946
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Hey guys, yes the WA state titles were on the weekend. i must say going to Adelaide really made things hard, as time run out. i was never really prepared for the weekend , as much was going on, Family duties as well. lol. i had nothing but problems all weekend with tune. the IDM no matter how rich or how lean, just always cut out on the fuel stop. i think i finished 1 qualifier out of 5 that i never cut out . i pulled down the car and engine on the saturday night, and couldnt find anything. made sure the engine was sealed well, and went out sunday to have the same thing happen. i tried just about everything and thaught i had it sorted. but no no. i ran the 20 min semi and had to come in the top 2 to be sure of making the A final. it was hard work as after the first fuel stop it cut out, this time after fuel was in the car and it bogged down on accel. so i drove the car pretty hard to get a lead up knowing i would have to do so again after the next fuel stop. i finished 1st by a lap and a half. so i made the final. YA. spent the warm up trying to get it tuned a bit better, but after marshalling for the pull start, i had time to change my tires only and get 3 mins in the warm up. i was in 3rd place and i got pushed over a curb and the car spun out and straight into the metal barrier, this pulled out the top rear arm link screw. i lost aobut 9 laps fixing it and again cut out on every fuel stop after that. so i ended up 8th , but i won the raffle
after running in an engine on monday afterwards, i noticed a pool of fuel on my starter box. strange, i cleaned everything down and filled the tank with fuel and run the engine again. fuel was again dripping on the starter box. i pulled the tank out and pressurised it, a crack along the side seam. hard to spot as the plastic is pretty rough on the side seam. so i gather this was my problem. i sealed it up and run the engine again. seemed much richer after the seal up. oh well. there is always next round. lol.

Patto,

I hope you've sorted out your engine problem, or should we say fuel tank problem. This has happened to me before and I pulled most of my hair troubleshooting it. The when I noticed some fuel on the starter box, only then I realized the problem.

I have this engine in order so I really hope this is not the source of you problem. I will break it in this weekend.

Don
At least you were in the A-main.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #6947
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If anyone is interested i have my whole nitro G4s stuff forsale over in the forsale threads.. I am selling all my G4s stuff getting out of it for good.. over 3,500 dollars worth of stuff over there...

Check it out :http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=166717
ctmazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #6948
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default Radio

What radio are you guys using on your g4s?
Krafcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #6949
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

m8 with spektrum, it gets the job done
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #6950
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

I registered as Fanta Pants
Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #6951
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafcik View Post
What radio are you guys using on your g4s?
Helios with spectrum pro.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #6952
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
I already have all of my the notes - I'm just trying to decide what to do with them.

Now that the G4+ has been announced, I'm finding it hard to get excited about doing the G4S site at the moment. IMO, if people are looking to increase the performance, tuneability and reliability of the G4S, all they have to do is convert it to a G4+ and they're done. How much is that going to cost? Don't know. Can people afford it? I hope TM makes the right choice and makes it economical.

Then their is the question of the successor to the G4+, which is shown in white on the far right at the TM G4 site. Is this going to be G4S Version 2, which will have some (but not all) of the G4+ parts - or is this going to be some other G4 series variant? I wish I knew the answer to this question.

Once Raceday Hobbies lists a street price for the G4+, I'll have a better idea of what type of G4X site I'm going to work on.
I think it refers to their next venture into on-road. 8th scale I think is what that depicts.
Why make a whole load of improvements with more in the pipeline only to come out with a new car soon after???
Would not make sence.

Menace
British Menace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #6953
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
I think it refers to their next venture into on-road. 8th scale I think is what that depicts.
Why make a whole load of improvements with more in the pipeline only to come out with a new car soon after???
Would not make sence.

Menace
Cause the G4+ is only a limited edition... What happens when you run out of G4+? Go back to selling the G4S? Now that wouldn't make any sense.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #6954
Tech Elite

And why would they put a picture of a future 1/8th scale car on the G4 site? I would hope they have enough sense not to call an 1/8th scale car G4 also.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 06-05-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:58 AM   #6955
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to otraver

I'm registered as otraver
otraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:07 AM   #6956
Tech Elite

Quote:
And why would they put a picture of a future 1/8th scale car on the G4 site? I would hope they have enough sense not to call an 1/8th scale car G4 also.
Between the G4 and the M1 seams logical they would pick the G4......being on road???
Unless you know of a TM 1/8th scale page/site??

It would stand to reason they would have more people see it then to declare to everyone they are bringing out a new on road 1/8th scale car........... by making up a new site/page for it??!

Just my logical mind at work.But then again............I have been known to be wrong.............................many a time.

Menace
Old 06-06-2007, 03:13 AM   #6957
Tech Elite

Quote:
Cause the G4+ is only a limited edition... What happens when you run out of G4+? Go back to selling the G4S? Now that wouldn't make any sense.
Why not? The G4+ is not a new car.
If it were then I had a G4K about four years ago...........when "K" factory bought out all those hop-up improvement parts for the E type.
That is what the + is............... A G4s with alot of upgraded parts on. Plus a stamp here and there for the mimited edition thing.

Just because Kyosho and others do the same thing but call it a new car and package thus, does not mean TM are doing the same.

But your a paying customer, you say and think what you like.
Right or wrong, the good thing about sites like this is that we can put what we like as long as its clean

I'm racing my G4K+ soon actually........lol

Lighten up and have fun.

Menace
Old 06-06-2007, 05:46 AM   #6958
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur

Quote:
Would not make sence.

Menace
Eight scale would be the next logical step. They have a popular off road kit and on road kit, now they may be considering a step up to the "F1" level. With their ability to create winning products with reasonable cost it would be great to see a 1/8 that can compete nationally and internationally with the Big 3.

Power Racing tried it with the XR-8 but that car never got any real traction with the RC community. TM already had a deep fan base so hopefully they will expand into other areas.
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #6959
Tech Elite

Quote:
Why not? The G4+ is not a new car.
If it were then I had a G4K about four years ago...........when "K" factory bought out all those hop-up improvement parts for the E type.
That is what the + is............... A G4s with alot of upgraded parts on. Plus a stamp here and there for the mimited edition thing.

Just because Kyosho and others do the same thing but call it a new car and package thus, does not mean TM are doing the same.

But your a paying customer, you say and think what you like.
Right or wrong, the good thing about sites like this is that we can put what we like as long as its clean

I'm racing my G4K+ soon actually........lol

Lighten up and have fun.

Menace
My comments above are the "lite" version. And as far as having fun goes, I'm trying.

TM is doing exactly the same thing as the other guys (i.e. Kyosho):

RRR -> RRR WCE
RRR -> RRR Evo -> RRR Evo WCE

G4 thru G4S, G4+ - they just use different letters. Not quite the same as the R/RR and RRR ; now those are really different cars. But the big difference is, that a majority of these G4X releases are all about fixing issues with the car. This is not the case with the RRR (except for replacing the dog bones with CVDs). You can drop any one of the four versions of the RRR on the track and they will be just as good as the other three - it's pretty much the "same" car. Maybe you did not know this. A fixed G4 by any other name is still a G4 - but it's not the same car by any means.

I don't expect the "next" car to be a "new car" - just a different car with a bunch of other letters, numbers and/or symbols behind it. Maybe they should call it the G4K+M.

IMO, G4+ is the best car in the G4 series thus far. All of it's predecessor have issues. To promote all the cars in the G4 series does not make sense to me - which is something that would make sense in the case of the RRR.

You and I have a different perspective on all of this and I don't think either of us is going to change each other's thinking any time soon - but we both keep trying, which is fine by me.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #6960
Tech Elite

The suspense and mystery of what is next is what TM are counting on
The fact that we talking and making assumptions as to what is coming next.
Thats the way there marketing has been working over the last year and half.
They generating interest by publicity wether good or bad.

I definately know there is no new 1/10 gas car. There is a E4 electric chassis that will be announced or released before year end and a 1/8 gas chassis in the pipeline.
The whole idea behind the G4 has been its evolution and the ability to upgrade to a current spec car.The G4+ will be a full house kit available in limited run but with all parts available as upgrades to the current G4S and even G4E/Mongoose.If anything the G4S kist will be available in a revised package with lets say ED as standard or even quick release wheels as std.
Guess we just have to wait and see what the future brings
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote