R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2007, 05:20 AM   #6256
Tech Adept
 
shano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 147
Send a message via MSN to shano
Default Thrust bearings

Hey guys got a quick question for everyone or someone who can help.
I went down to my LHS to get thrust bearing grease and they gave me Tamiya Molyboenum Grease.The owner of the shop said this will be fine to use on my thrust bearings but am unsure cause the only flies and sells planes.
shano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:24 AM   #6257
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tanto
Hi I just bought a G4 and it's with a one diff, the track I race on is a technical one so one way diff it's hard to use since you have to use alot of brake, which do you think it's the better option a spool diff or a normal diff?

What diff oils you use front and rear?

thanks

Joe F
Try normal gear diff and use between 50 to 100k diff oil
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:00 AM   #6258
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano
Hey guys got a quick question for everyone or someone who can help.
I went down to my LHS to get thrust bearing grease and they gave me Tamiya Molyboenum Grease.The owner of the shop said this will be fine to use on my thrust bearings but am unsure cause the only flies and sells planes.
That's the same grease I use on mine. It works very well.
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:03 AM   #6259
Tech Adept
 
shano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 147
Send a message via MSN to shano
Default

Cheers zoom just wanted to make sure before i used it cause i just bought ed trans and didnt want to screw anything up.Really appritiate it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
That's the same grease I use on mine. It works very well.
shano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:25 AM   #6260
Tech Adept
 
shano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 147
Send a message via MSN to shano
Default QUESTION NEEDS ANSWERING Speed Shot Front Bulkhead System

Hey guys just ordered Speed Shot Front Bulkhead System is there anything I need to do to this?I was told that the aluminum top brace has a weak spot and that it should be filled in.What Should I use, how do I do it neatly and where can I get it from?
shano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #6261
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano
Hey guys just ordered Speed Shot Front Bulkhead System is there anything I need to do to this?I was told that the aluminum top brace has a weak spot and that it should be filled in.What Should I use, how do I do it neatly and where can I get it from?
Hey Shano, roughen up the inside of the alloy and make sure its clean, if you have a bit of electrical tape, place underneath the 2 smaller holes to be filled.
any 2 part epoxy should be fine, i used a 2 part araldite. by using the tape underneath, you can easily fill to the top of the hole to make it level with the alloy. being clear (what i used) it has gone a yellowish color now. but i have done others with a 2 part epoxy , but in a metal paste. same strength, but it looks better. you can find this available at supa cheap autos. hope this helps
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:17 AM   #6262
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tanto
Hi I just bought a G4 and it's with a one diff, the track I race on is a technical one so one way diff it's hard to use since you have to use alot of brake, which do you think it's the better option a spool diff or a normal diff?

What diff oils you use front and rear?

thanks

Joe F
Hi Joe, on the spool i found that it was very hard on the front belts. once tires wore to same or rears smaller, the front belt wouldnt last very long.
so tire size is critical for a solid front axle. i did notice it was easier to drive , but lacked turn in . as i had to lock the front in one race only, i didnt run it for that long. a front geared diff will give better results, easier to drive, and most important for your question, 4 wheel braking. i know most guys are using 50K front diff oil, and 30K rear. best guys to ask would be Razzor or ZOOM. i know they run the front diff. i have one but its still sitting there waiting to get into the car. wont be long till i find out what works with the oils. untill then hope someone can help you out. surface and traction of the track you will be running on is a good thing to know as well.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #6263
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default FEMCA preparation.

i tested Mecamo 16% Fuel For 2007 Femca in today.

i used GR Modified OS 12TZ 3port engine.

i used head shim 0.1mm .

the GR modified TZ power is very good.

My RC friend Used Plus 2 engine in his NT1.

But my G4S (embeded GR OS TZ) faster than NT1 in high speed.


my second engine (GR modified rex 3port) For Femca will be tested

in next week.
__________________
MY SPONSORS:

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:47 AM   #6264
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Hi Joe, on the spool i found that it was very hard on the front belts. once tires wore to same or rears smaller, the front belt wouldnt last very long.
so tire size is critical for a solid front axle. i did notice it was easier to drive , but lacked turn in . as i had to lock the front in one race only, i didnt run it for that long. a front geared diff will give better results, easier to drive, and most important for your question, 4 wheel braking. i know most guys are using 50K front diff oil, and 30K rear. best guys to ask would be Razzor or ZOOM. i know they run the front diff. i have one but its still sitting there waiting to get into the car. wont be long till i find out what works with the oils. untill then hope someone can help you out. surface and traction of the track you will be running on is a good thing to know as well.
Well put Patto. I agree entirely with what you say on the front diff' question.
Especially concerning the front spool.
Things I think to remember when deciding what front diff' to use........
Spool has very good 'power on' steering, but less turn in initially. Can be good on low, med' and high grip tracks!
Also, as patto has said it is critical on tire size.
Front gear diff' is probably the best choice but you do have to choose the right oil/greese to fill it with to make it work better then the other options.
Rule of thumb on these is the more traction you have at the track, the thinner the front oil can be.
IE: 100,000WT = low traction, 70,000WT medium, 50,000 med-high traction tracks. But it depends on how you like the car to feel. So personal preference here!
BIG plus on both these is you have four wheel braking!
Front one-way = you get very good turn in and very good 'power-on' steering.............but very little braking.

Another thing. If you choose a front gear diff, you will nead to play with different oils in the rear too.
Again, just a "rule-of-thumb" here............ the higher the traction you have, the thicker the rear oil in the rear. So......
Low = 10,000WT, Medium traction = 20,000WT and high 30,000 or even 40,000WT oil.
Just a guide line but I hope this helps.

As Patto has said, it does depend on the amount of traction at your track to guide you in what to use.

Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #6265
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default fuel efficiency

if fuel efficiency is bad..

what can i do to increase fuel efficiency?

1. carb ventury inside diameter size reduce.

2. head shim setup? (increase head shim.. and lock the main niddle?)

3. the other tip? (gear ratio change, 2 speed timing adjustment?)


pls give your tip!!!
__________________
MY SPONSORS:

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:50 AM   #6266
Tech Apprentice
 
Simpsons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SUNNY MALTA
Posts: 61
Default engine

HI ppl

Recently I bought a g4s rtr. It is a very good car in terms of handling but on the engine side I have some problems as it lacks in acceleration. Two guys at my local track have different opinions about my problem, one is saying that I have an air leak in the engine and the other one is saying that it can be something about clutch spring or the flywheel. Have you ever had this problem?
Simpsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #6267
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
if fuel efficiency is bad..

what can i do to increase fuel efficiency?

1. carb ventury inside diameter size reduce.

2. head shim setup? (increase head shim.. and lock the main niddle?)

3. the other tip? (gear ratio change, 2 speed timing adjustment?)


pls give your tip!!!
Maybe you are still in break-in process. Wait until the engine is optimal and you can check again the fuel consumption.

My friends were having such trouble during Pre Femca Race, because they were using brand new engine, Novarossi Plus12 -3CT. They screw up during Qualifying, but in finals their engine made it to complete 17 laps in every 5 minutes for refueling.

How about using longer manifolds, like Novarossi manifold 7 fins and Novarossi EFRA 2630 pipe ?

I wouldn't touch no.1 & 2 like you suggested. Be patience and try again.



__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #6268
Tech Regular
 
revo523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOLA!
Posts: 466
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons
HI ppl

Recently I bought a g4s rtr. It is a very good car in terms of handling but on the engine side I have some problems as it lacks in acceleration. Two guys at my local track have different opinions about my problem, one is saying that I have an air leak in the engine and the other one is saying that it can be something about clutch spring or the flywheel. Have you ever had this problem?

The tighter the clutch the more acceleration so play with your clutch adjustments.
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #6269
Tech Apprentice
 
Simpsons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SUNNY MALTA
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523
The tighter the clutch the more acceleration so play with your clutch adjustments.
im a bit new in nitro cars what do you mean with tighter clutch? mine is the clasic type not the ufo one
Simpsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:26 PM   #6270
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
if fuel efficiency is bad..

what can i do to increase fuel efficiency?

1. carb ventury inside diameter size reduce.

2. head shim setup? (increase head shim.. and lock the main niddle?)

3. the other tip? (gear ratio change, 2 speed timing adjustment?)


pls give your tip!!!
What pipe and manifold are you using for the Tz?

This plays a role and of course, other than that gear up and/or bigger tyre diameters.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net