Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
SerpentD, where do you get the liquid mask from that you use? What brand
I use Bob Dively's Masking. Make sure you put on 3 GOOD coats with like a 1" painters brush. I usually just get it at Hobby Town, but you can get the larger bottles at like Tower Hobbies, This is where Hobby Town gets it from (Horizon Hobbies) in Ill. Good luck dude!! I think the 16oz. bottle is about $15 bucks, but will do quite a few bodies.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Shock stuff.

Hey Nitrobeast, Dude, that vaccuum thing I have might be discontinued, but not too sure. I have had it for at least 8 years. It's awesome. It's made by the company RIDE. So you might have to do a search for it. Maybe like RC Mushroom or something. RIDE is a Japanese company I think??

Also, with the green slime, If your shock is built then just put a thin layer on the shaft, not too much though. If your shocks are not built and the shaft is OUT, then I put a small amount on the end of the threads of the shock shaft to prevent scratching or scoreing the rubber O rings on the bottom of the shock body. After I am done building the shocks, I then put that thin coat of Green slime on the Shafts all the way around the shaft. Hope this helps bro!!!

By the way, Kick ass on your flying dude!!! I'm jelous as I have had NO time to mess with my planes. As far as a grass field, maybe some larger Diameter tires will help on take off. If you can land, then you can take off bro. You almost there dude. Great job my friend!!!!

Everyone can ignore this post if they want, I needed to talk to Nitrobeast real quick is all guys. Thanks everyone. Later.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default shoe trouble

i found clutch shoe unbalanced wear out trouble.

it was shoe plate problem.

shoe plate meet with clutch bell by big crash in saturday exercise race.

so shoe plate wear out in one side.

and clutch shoe did not fit on plate.

so clutch shoe was put on plate in shape of tweak.

finally, shoe meet bell in one side, then shoe wear out unbalance
Old 04-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Gansei, that looks like there is something wrong with your fly weights or flywheel. to see that sloped wear, it looks like only one side of the shoe has been contacting the clutch bell. so either the weights are stuck in the flywheel on one side or the shoe is stuck on the pin of the flywheel. you need to check this out Gansei. the side that has had less wear and contact patch is the side it has stuck on the pin or the weigths not flying out.
Gansei you found teh problem
Had a similar hassle a while back.
The shoe doesnt sit flat on teh plate so had to file the edge so shoe could sit flush to plate.
Also check the holes on the shoe is moving free on the pins.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

SerpentD all of the best for the big race
and most importantly drive safely

Will be rooting for you

look forward to posts if you have the time.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:40 AM

Serpentd, have a good race my friend.. we're waiting for your race report..

Asil
Old 04-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New G4S RTR

Well I just got my G4S RTR in the mail last week. After looking at it I would have to say this is one good looking car. I can tell it is very well made. I just hope that I haven't gotten in over my head. Being that I am new to nitro powered RC cars I feel a little overwhelmed. I know someone had said this is the best RTR on the market and I do believe that. It's just that there is very little documentation to go with it, and what is with it seems to be in broken english. I ordered a book on nitro engines and how to tune them and I'm sure I can figure that out as I am somewhat mechanically inclined. One thing I'm not sure about though, is how you adjust the shift points on the the two speed tranny. If anyone could offer some info.(maybe with a picture) I would certainly appreciate it.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sully-3
Well I just got my G4S RTR in the mail last week. After looking at it I would have to say this is one good looking car. I can tell it is very well made. I just hope that I haven't gotten in over my head. Being that I am new to nitro powered RC cars I feel a little overwhelmed. I know someone had said this is the best RTR on the market and I do believe that. It's just that there is very little documentation to go with it, and what is with it seems to be in broken english. I ordered a book on nitro engines and how to tune them and I'm sure I can figure that out as I am somewhat mechanically inclined. One thing I'm not sure about though, is how you adjust the shift points on the the two speed tranny. If anyone could offer some info.(maybe with a picture) I would certainly appreciate it.
If possible, you need 1 person to help you set the 2nd gear shifting point. That person is working at the track while you are up in the driver stand driving your car. Hopefully that person has RC experience or has G4S.

Ideally the shifting point is where the engine is very close to maximum rpm. You can hear the engine is screaming at 1st gear. However, there is possibility to shift gear earlier if the long straight is not long enough or the shifting point is too close to next corner or sweeper.

So, while you build the car, give the 2nd speed clutch shoe almost full spring tension at first, and then start releasing the tension by 10 to 15 minutes ( quarter turns increments ) until you notice the gear is shifting. Keep releasing the tension until you find the sweet spot.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Serpentd
I use Bob Dively's Masking. Make sure you put on 3 GOOD coats with like a 1" painters brush. I usually just get it at Hobby Town, but you can get the larger bottles at like Tower Hobbies, This is where Hobby Town gets it from (Horizon Hobbies) in Ill. Good luck dude!! I think the 16oz. bottle is about $15 bucks, but will do quite a few bodies.
Thanks D
Old 04-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Serpentd
i also use Bob Dively liquid mask and work's very well..and yes make sure to put on 3 good thick coat's and wait till it turn's clear to mark/cut...it come's off easily if you put i on thick...i get mine from Tower Hobbie's...

i spray mine on with my air brush...uncut....no diluteing...
Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how do u get that stuff through the spray gun, its so thick!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sully-3
Do not worry Sully......any question you have there is usually one of us on here anytime of the day and we will offer our help and support and try to answer any question you might have.

If you have read the post by asw that will help. If you nead any more explanation then please ask. Remember to adjust the two screws the same amount each. It pays, if you have the time to dissmantle the two speed and colour one of the adj' screw head. This will help when you make your adjustments. It may also help to get, buy, beg borrow......whatever. A G4s manual. It will help in knowing the mechanical make up.

Good luck
Menace
Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well fellas in the next month there's going to be a onroad track around my house and i want to start racing there but i don't know what i need for me to start racing.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
how do u get that stuff through the spray gun, its so thick!
You have to spray it on a high psi.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

that is so cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.