R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #5926
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesewhip
I just think they need better distributor.. or someone that will take them seriously. Trinity is so busy pushing their own products they don't have the time or desire to make anything out of the TM cars. I don't know what they were thinking when they married rd logics.. that was a terrible decision. No marketing.. Way back when g4 first came out, trinity did do a good job pushing it but now.... I mean come on. When did G4S come out? They are selling it more as a shelf queen than anything else.
Back in the day when G4 was first introduce? yea, a lot of Ad and some winning, but part wise, NO. I had to order parts oversea simply because Trinity don't have a Sxxt

Now even worse.it is Sam doing all the pushing. good job Sam
Trinity has done nothing. Maybe Raceday Hobby should distribute TM, not Trinity
Old 04-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #5927
Tech Adept

Excellent question about the perimeter kits. Team Magic as the manufacturer will not have this available through them. However, I am going to it through Raceday Hobbies. I am making the purchase of the parts needed and will package them up ourselves. I am trying to figure out the best selction of products that should be in the perimeter kit. So I really appreciate the ideas you have in regards to items you like to see in the perimeter kit. I will make the pricing good so it makes good sense to purchase the kit.

Thanks!
Sam
G4S'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #5928
Tech Regular

Location: West Ozzie living in Merrigum...Shepparton...Victoria
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
Now even worse.it is Sam doing all the pushing. good job Sam
Trinity has done nothing. Maybe Raceday Hobby should distribute TM, not Trinity
I may not race a g4s but I would have to agree. You have got a great representative for the product and everyone loves Sam To put is simply, if you ask someone where can I get parts they always point you towards Raceday.

If I had to buy a car now I would choose the g4s not because it is a great car but its the people behind it like Sam and the people on this site willing to help each other out.

This is what its all about, FUN

Cheers
....Axial Wraith....
.......... 😃 ..........
arr see car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #5929
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4S'er
Excellent question about the perimeter kits. Team Magic as the manufacturer will not have this available through them. However, I am going to it through Raceday Hobbies. I am making the purchase of the parts needed and will package them up ourselves. I am trying to figure out the best selction of products that should be in the perimeter kit. So I really appreciate the ideas you have in regards to items you like to see in the perimeter kit. I will make the pricing good so it makes good sense to purchase the kit.

Thanks!
Sam
Ooh they don't make it anymore

I bought the TM perimeter kit at my LHS.
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #5930
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks!
Sam
A perimeter kit would be killer. Just include the front end parts, rear end parts and an extra ED trans with all the clutch bells. Maybe one set of tires and a pre painted body should do it Sam.

On a serious note, the ONLY thing that I have broke on the car is a front hub carrier and the rear carbon shock mount. However the shock mount was a FREAK thing. After ordering the replacement 4mm one I had noticed it was different then my original kit one. Not sure why, but this newer one seems to be quite a bit more solid. I think the only issue with the perimeter kit would be the different types of hub carriers. You have the quick release wheel ones and then the original kit version. So you might need to make two different kits Sam. Then I'm not sure if it would be better to have a front kit and a rear kit seperate. I only mention this because that is how the Serpents do theirs. So you have a few options there Sam. Hope I'm not hurting more then helping.

I will have to admit that the G4S is one of the toughest cars out there from what I've found in the short amount of time racing it. But the upcomming Vegas race will be it's true test for me. I'll be haveing much higher speeds on a very unforgiving track. So I will find out the true durability in lest then a weeks time. WOO HOO! Your going to be there Sam...right? Hope so, it would be cool to finally meet you in person. Plus I will probably need parts and tires. Haven't had a chance to order this week yet. Might do that tonight. OOPS, getting off track guys, sorry.

Anyway, I vote for the front and rear hub carriers/steering blocks for your kit Sam. That's cool that you plan on making these kits. They are very convinient to have laying around without a doubt.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #5931
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne1one
Ooh they don't make it anymore

I bought the TM perimeter kit at my LHS.
I think that was a left over and was sitting on the shelf for a few. But apparently they have quit making the kit. Don't having any clue as to why. But seems Sam is stepping up to plate for us AGAIN! Don't know what we would do without you Sam!!! Probably run a different car.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #5932
Tech Initiate

Quote:

Thanks!
Sam
great idea Sam..would love to see the kit again...just tryed to but one fromsome where butthey sold the last one ...so You'll be it! can't wait...i already use Raceday alot....keep up the GOOD work...thank's....
SacWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #5933
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Raceday hobbies..

Raceday hobbies?? I gotta check this out.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #5934
Tech Regular

Default Distributor

I don't really mean to bad mouth trinity, I do like their motor.. but I mean come on. Look at the kits they developed or marketed... Tspec - failure, spyder - failure, reflex NT - in to thin air, reflex 12 - in to thin air, next.. has anyone even seen one of these? It seems like they have the hottest thing going, then they drop it. Like they got ADHD. G4 series is the most successful thing on 4 wheels trinity is shipping out till this day! And they focus on the buggy? hm... If Sam at raceday hobbies is as great as he sounds, he should just wait about month.. when trinity forgets that they have one of the most competent nitro touring car in the market... Then he could distribute the G4S.. trinity will then start asking, 'hey, didn't we use to carry nitro cars??'
Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #5935
Tech Regular

Default Another question..

Hey, is it just me or does the Xtreme Rc magazine staff have something against Team Magic?

And rccaraction magazine back couple of years ago rated the original G4 as similar caliber as the mtx3, 710, r40.. then cracks on the G4 and takes points away for having short rear body post...

I just don't understand..
Old 04-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #5936
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr see car
I may not race a g4s but I would have to agree. You have got a great representative for the product and everyone loves Sam To put is simply, if you ask someone where can I get parts they always point you towards Raceday.

If I had to buy a car now I would choose the g4s not because it is a great car but its the people behind it like Sam and the people on this site willing to help each other out.

This is what its all about, FUN

Cheers
This right here is why we and the car will succead...........even a person who does not own a g4 can see the value in our family and the support Sam at Raceday gives us!
Sometimes we have to remember what we do have and be thankful. I'm not saying there are not good points being brought up here, and nead to be addressed, just that sometimes we nead to remember what we have and the fact that we are the envy of ther sites and threads even on this forum!

Thankyou "arr see car" for pointing that out !

Menace
Old 04-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #5937
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

Sam

All A-arms, all 4 hubs, rear brace (that small piece that has an X of plastic on the back and holds the sway bars together, I believe it comes with the rear bulkheads and brake brace), the rear and front bulkheads.

Actually here are the part numbers these are the parts you should include.

502163 Front Bulk Head
502161 Front Upper Arm
502150 Steering Block (L & R)
502196 Rear Bulkhead, Brake Brace, Back Bracket
502208 Rear Lower Arm
502155 Rear Hub Carrier (L&R)
502160 Front Lower Arm
502208 Rear Lower Arm set

there ya go
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #5938
Tech Adept

I will be ordering my new G4S in the next week or two. I can't wait to try this car out. I have been telling the people in my club about it and they are really interested to see how it performs.

Sam at Raceday has really impressed me in this thread and I will be giving him my business.
Johnny9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #5939
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
Gansei what chassis are the kawahara guys running ??? Mugen ???

Nice to see you loyal to your car ,i am the same
After all the hassles i am still chuffed to drive my G4S.

If I could i would sign you up in a jiffy
this is a serpent korea cup report in serpent homepage.

http://www.serpent.com/news/12224/Su...Korea-Cup.html

kawahara driver arrived korea in yesterday.

the chassis of kawahara driver are mugen,kyosho,serpent.

and 1/10 class participant is many than 1/8 class.

among them.. IFMAR A-main Driver, JMRCA Sports Class(works driver exception class) winner of the second prize, powerful driver belongs.

it will be very very a hard race.

But i will do my best!!

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #5940
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

WE ARE GROWING STRONG!
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote