R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 AM   #5881
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
rcrevolution, here is my take on this subject.
now i live in perth Australia, and i think one shop has one kit on its shelf, but no parts kept in stock. there is one other place that sells the kit and spares, but not locally. that online shop doesnt function properly and shows stock of mongoose parts only. emails dont get answered either. so i look for a supplier for my parts so i can keep racing the car. now that has rewarded me for my efforts and racedays has supplied me all the parts required for like nearly a year now. but Sam is so busy now as he seems to be the best supplier of parts in the US, now supplying to most parts in the world. but back to the TM subject and drivers. where Sam has spent alot of money trying to promote the car, and provide sponsorship, it takes its toll and this is where TM needs to step in. lately negative reports on the upgrades of the car have been plentifull, it is everyones hard earned money going into these cars, not to mention the time and effort as well. this is a great community to be involved in, but with out 3 or 4 top line TM backed drivers, this is beginning to be a setback for the car. it is not one distributor causing this, it is TM themselves. they need these drivers, wether it be Darren Johnson, Gansei, or even trying to keep Paul Coleman driving not only the M1 buggy but also the G4S. some forget the engineering that Paul is capable of and has the potential to bring this car to the next level again. this is the future of this car, not the distributors supplying the parts, cause there is always racedays for that, and being in the US i cant see why US customers are having problems getting parts. so the results and the ability for other manufacturers to poach drivers and offer them the better deal is what is taking away from what is needed to keep people driving the G4S.

Have to agree with you bud.
It would make a big difference.
Have to also agree with the Paul Coleman comment ,he is a asset.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #5882
Tech Elite

Gansei what chassis are the kawahara guys running ??? Mugen ???

Nice to see you loyal to your car ,i am the same
After all the hassles i am still chuffed to drive my G4S.

If I could i would sign you up in a jiffy
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #5883
Tech Adept

Hi Gansei,

I feel for you and that wiring

Doing the wiring on my g4s was a nightmare!! I have a novak xx extra, bluebird servo for the steering with an extra long wire, a jr servo for the throttle and a failsafe.
I used the upgrade kit and i think unbuilding my g4, cleaning and rebuilding the g4s until the receiver took a few hours. It took me a good 2 days ( on and off ) to do the wiring. Even now, i have my failsafe on top of the transponder mount next to the gas tank. Not a good place but i will put and balloon on that.

I'll post a picture later but now all my wiring is sealed. The receiver and both servos are in balloons. I ran the wires along side the throttle servo and put another piece of cut balloon over wires just incase.

Does anyone have a picture of where you put your failsafe?
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 AM   #5884
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
Gansei what chassis are the kawahara guys running ??? Mugen ???

Nice to see you loyal to your car ,i am the same
After all the hassles i am still chuffed to drive my G4S.

If I could i would sign you up in a jiffy
kawahara driver had Mugen,Kyosho,Serpent car.

But I don't know exactly what chassis they bring in this race.

i will report later what chassis they bring.

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #5885
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
its real hard to rely on 1 place to supply parts, no matter how great of a job they do.

and a big contributor to the fact the car isnt as popular is there arent any "big" retailers carrying the car. and this keeps alot of people away from the kit.

also if you go to a weekend club race or professional race there are people there with boxes and boxes of mugen, hpi, serpent, etc parts for sale if you break something and need it fast, yet I have yet to see a Team Magic person there selling parts.

this car has no popularity in this country when you compare it to Mugen or HPI, which is no excuse when the M1 comes out and is on the tip of everyone's tongue 2 weeks later, the G4S is just as revolutionary in touring cars as the M1 is in buggies, so why is the M1 getting all the attention?

I'm gonna email nick ko and see if team magic can put together a new crash kit for the g4s and try it out again, I would so buy a few of those

Team Magic has to realize that whether they like or not this is a race car built to fit into the race world, and for you to compete with other brands, even if you think this isn't the right "thing" to do you need to have team drivers and support them, the sedan race scene is too developed for one brand to try to set a new example and not hire any team drivers.

Thats just like a Nascar driver buying a $200,000 car and parts and not having any sponsers, you will last one season if that.

Hi @ all G drivers

I can tell from germany
When i will to get new parts i oder by sam or by the Border in the Netherlands.
Here you can get so good as nothing.........
All the Big ones(Kyosho,Serpent;Mugen,Xray) had their teamdrivers and their support drivers.
The support drivers are not only the best drivers but they help with parts at the Track and Help at the Track.
This is importantly.
From TM nothing,and from the German distributer nothing because there comes nothinh from TM.
The same Thread as this here you can read at 3Hobby.............
Is this the right way?????? i think it is the wrong way!!
Why cant spent TM 10 Kits and parts to purchase price to germanys distributer, 10 to the UK 10 to Hong Kong 10 to USA 10 to Aussiland and and and.
So you have a lot of drivers all over the world,you won races and sell your cars

Marc
Old 04-11-2007, 10:56 AM   #5886
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by asil
can you explain "crash kit".. I've never heard of it.. It includes A-arms, hubs, etc or what ?

Asil
it had a-arms, hub carriers, bulk heads, shock towers, shock ends, basically anything you might need as these parts are the first to go in a collision 9 times out of 10
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #5887
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I use the Dynamite failsafe and it fits real nice under the battery lead and next to the throttle servo.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #5888
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

Quote:
it had a-arms, hub carriers, bulk heads, shock towers, shock ends, basically anything you might need as these parts are the first to go in a collision 9 times out of 10
thanks..

Asil
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:20 PM   #5889
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
hi dude!!

i rebuild my wiring of servo, Transponder etc on..

the wiring of my electrical system is the worst!!

it was expected trouble in serpent korea cup.

i replenishing my G4S For this week Kawahara cup.

the japanese driver who will participate in this race is...

KAWAHARA YOSHIMAS
YURUKI KAZUYA 1/8
FURUKAWA KEN 1/10
YOKOYAMA MASAKI1/8
TERAUCHI TAKEHIRO 1/8
NISHIGORI TAKANORI   1/8
YAMAURA EIJI 1/10
ITAI TOMOMI

and Three of Taiwan Titan driver.

the attention driver in 1/10 Class is FURUKAWA KEN

he is Pre-IFMAR 1/10 car A-main Driver.

he was Kyosho Driver.. But he is Kawahara Driver now.

i expect nice battle with Japan,Taiwan Driver.
Gansei...DUDE!!! Your OLD wiring was SUPER SCARY man!!! I think that was close to becoming a serious meltdown bro!

I am pleased to see your NEW HAPPY wires now! Great job my friend!

Wow bro, sounds like you've had some serious things to think about with sponsorship and all. I can tell you from my personal perspective that you are without a doubt deserving of a full ride sponsorship. Not only chassis, but Tires, engine and radio as well. Your talent is up there with the top drivers in the World. I have no question of that.

It's ashame that TM doesn't take notice of drivers like yourself and step up to the plate. They need to take a GOOD HARD look at their current views on sponsorship and Team Drivers. I promise you my METAL FRIEND that TM will be hearing my opinion on their current veiws and will be using yourself as an example of some of the current talent they have driving their G4S. Don't worry about my approach to TM as it will 100% professional as I personally have worked in a professional field for well over 10 years (Own my own Mortgage Company). So just want you (Gansei) and all others to know that my approach will be totally on the professional side and not just a point fingers, whiney and bitchy email.

I want to do this for many reasons as some of you have pointed out. For Gansei, it's specific. However to have "Team Drivers" and sponsorship to support our car, it's for all of us that want to excell and make owning this car easier and better for the future. I think you all get my point. All you have to do is look at ALL the support from other manufacturers like Xray, Serpent...etc. It's Unbelievable the support that drivers of every level of these other manufacturers have. It's straight up top notch. Honestly without our "Family", we would virtually have NO support. TM needs to give us and others their due credit for supporting their car. I can tell you that it's pretty easy to make a switch from brand A to brand B. I want them to give us reasons to stick with our brand. Just to give them something to think about is all.

Well everyone, sorry for the long winded post that came out of no where.

And Gansei my friend, I'm glad to see you stuck with the G4S for the time being. We would all loose one trully awesome member to our family that is not only supportive, but also very entertaining. I live for your short video clips bro! Best of luck to you Gansei at your next race, you have your hands full again for sure. At least you shouldn't have any more electrical issues. Talk soon my friend!!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #5890
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

Like I said if you want to get to nick ko either email him or post on RCCA post seems to get his atention faster
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #5891
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Like I said if you want to get to nick ko either email him or post on RCCA post seems to get his atention faster
Will do bro...thanks man.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #5892
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Is anyone going to be able to come to this race....
We are only a few G4/G4s owners and a lot of serpent's and mugen's around this area that needs to learn a lesson of what a team magic can do....
if you guys needs to check some of the video clips go to www.cwhite.com
LOL, that's true. We did have a TM driver last season who burned the track up, but he's moved to 1:8 scale now, and he's still fast. We'd love to see some G4s there during the cap. classic. Lots of factory drivers from the different manufacturers will be there.

oh, and the link is http://www.cwhits.com

301 Raceway - We crowned champions!
TedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #5893
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedX
LOL, that's true. We did have a TM driver last season who burned the track up, but he's moved to 1:8 scale now, and he's still fast. We'd love to see some G4s there during the cap. classic. Lots of factory drivers from the different manufacturers will be there.

oh, and the link is http://www.cwhits.com
I will be there

As soon as I can get my car fixed and build up enough spare parts to have on stand by
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #5894
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
hi dude!!

i rebuild my wiring of servo, Transponder etc on..

the wiring of my electrical system is the worst!!

it was expected trouble in serpent korea cup.

i replenishing my G4S For this week Kawahara cup.

the japanese driver who will participate in this race is...

KAWAHARA YOSHIMAS
YURUKI KAZUYA 1/8
FURUKAWA KEN 1/10
YOKOYAMA MASAKI1/8
TERAUCHI TAKEHIRO 1/8
NISHIGORI TAKANORI   1/8
YAMAURA EIJI 1/10
ITAI TOMOMI

and Three of Taiwan Titan driver.

the attention driver in 1/10 Class is FURUKAWA KEN

he is Pre-IFMAR 1/10 car A-main Driver.

he was Kyosho Driver.. But he is Kawahara Driver now.

i expect nice battle with Japan,Taiwan Driver.
Good preparation for Jakarta needed now Gansai, best wishes for FEMCA race there. I am picturing more "Love Call" from other manufacturers after this one. Stay focused and Team Magic crew behind you (and others).
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #5895
Tech Adept

Anyone running Hitec servos for steering. (I am using the HS-965MG)

I found that my steering arm 502269 G4 Thick Servo Arm
KO, Sanwa, JR that came with the kit keeps stripping out I went through 3 of them, and still had to put some plastic in between the horn and the gear it self. Please help

Last edited by Wayne1one; 04-11-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote