R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #5731
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
aAnyone have a great experience from RCscrewz before?

I ordered a body which they said was in stock back on march 8th, it is now april 5th and the order still says pending yet they charged me for the body.....

Im gonna call them up and yell at them for a bit try to get them to cancell the order

thats kinda of a downer since I would love to get their screw set too but now Im not going to.


also does the MTX4 handle ,the wire one, work on the g4s?

How well do the mtx-4 titanium screws match up with the g4s? I found a set for $49 and I also found a mtx-3 set for $29 in titianium do the mtx-3 ones match up decently?

Where did you find the $30 MTX3 set?

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #5732
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

i checked again and it was phillips head screws not allen so that kills it, but if u still wanna know

www.rcmart.com


i really want that g4s handle tho, grrrr
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #5733
Tech Adept
 
Rawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brasilia, Brazil
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
Need those two sets to have the majority used on the G4S ?
Rawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #5734
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawz
Need those two sets to have the majority used on the G4S ?
one of them.. "V" type screws.

and the other is round screws.

so two type screw is need.
__________________
MY SPONSORS:

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #5735
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
aAnyone have a great experience from RCscrewz before?

I ordered a body which they said was in stock back on march 8th, it is now april 5th and the order still says pending yet they charged me for the body.....

Im gonna call them up and yell at them for a bit try to get them to cancell the order

thats kinda of a downer since I would love to get their screw set too but now Im not going to.


also does the MTX4 handle ,the wire one, work on the g4s?

How well do the mtx-4 titanium screws match up with the g4s? I found a set for $49 and I also found a mtx-3 set for $29 in titianium do the mtx-3 ones match up decently?
Dude, I have dealt with them in the past...about3-4 years ago. They were awesome back then. Great customer service and one on one. That was a while ago however. Their screws were good, but the packaging good have been better. All you screws and nuts etc in a smal plastic box with like 4 or 5 seperators. If you are looking for Killer super high strength screws, go to Tony's screws.

http://www.tonysscrews.com or his email is [email protected]

He is use to doing screw kits for off road1/8th scale and stuff. He has just stated doing onroad packages about 9 months ago. But his screws are the best you can aquire anywhere. However I'm not sure if he does titanium, I ordered a 234 piece set for my Serpent 720 about 8 months ago, but they were black oxide alloy steel. Dude, you will NEVER find a stronger screw period. The whole set ran me like $26 bucks and got them in like 2-3 days. Every size is marked in their own little zip baggy. I was EXTREMELY impressed. Now if your looking to try and shave some weight, these probably won't do it, I never weighed them. But I know they are heavier they Titanium. But definitely stronger. If he doesn't have a G4S kit, you could probably send him a list of what you need and he will put a kit together for for you. You could remove these screws 100 times a week and they won't strip they are soooo strong.

If he doesn't have what you want as far as titanium is concerned, he might be able to get it or point you inthe riht direction. Good luck bro and keep us posted on your findings if you go titanium. Good luck dude. Later!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #5736
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Local Mugen distributor has those part numbers gansei posted.
I sms'd him ,he will have pricing for me on saterday as Friday is a holiday.

Hope its not too expensive.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #5737
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, I have dealt with them in the past...about3-4 years ago. They were awesome back then. Great customer service and one on one. That was a while ago however. Their screws were good, but the packaging good have been better. All you screws and nuts etc in a smal plastic box with like 4 or 5 seperators. If you are looking for Killer super high strength screws, go to Tony's screws.

http://www.tonysscrews.com or his email is [email protected]

He is use to doing screw kits for off road1/8th scale and stuff. He has just stated doing onroad packages about 9 months ago. But his screws are the best you can aquire anywhere. However I'm not sure if he does titanium, I ordered a 234 piece set for my Serpent 720 about 8 months ago, but they were black oxide alloy steel. Dude, you will NEVER find a stronger screw period. The whole set ran me like $26 bucks and got them in like 2-3 days. Every size is marked in their own little zip baggy. I was EXTREMELY impressed. Now if your looking to try and shave some weight, these probably won't do it, I never weighed them. But I know they are heavier they Titanium. But definitely stronger. If he doesn't have a G4S kit, you could probably send him a list of what you need and he will put a kit together for for you. You could remove these screws 100 times a week and they won't strip they are soooo strong.

If he doesn't have what you want as far as titanium is concerned, he might be able to get it or point you inthe riht direction. Good luck bro and keep us posted on your findings if you go titanium. Good luck dude. Later!

Got an email from Tony SerpantD - he is in the process of making up a kit very soon...!

Frankie =)
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #5738
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

so tony screws will have a g4s kit soon?


Which type? titanium? stainless? aluminum?


Also I hear stainless crews are much weaker than the stock screws that come with the g4s kit is this true?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #5739
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Got an email from Tony SerpantD - he is in the process of making up a kit very soon...!

Frankie =)
Dude, that's killer man! Good job my friend!!!! I'm glad you took the time to look him up. His hardware is the best you can find, plus his packagng is the best I've ever seen.That's sweet he's doing the G4S, I know he dosn't do a ton of onroad stuff yet. But I bet he has every off road vehicle you could think of. You mount that super special personal transponder to your beast yet? Pics bro PICS!!!!!!!!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #5740
Tech Adept
 
twan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: philly
Posts: 229
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
Check with Sam from RacedayHobbies.com
I will be trying to scan the manual to PDf again ,hopefully i can make the file small enough to be practical.
thanks i will try & if you scan it please let me know. thanks again
twan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #5741
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default serpent cup in korea

i will participate in serpent korea cup in this week sunday.

two japan driver shahshi brothers will join.

shahshi was winner in 2007 serpent Nitrotour in Bangkok (in 1/8 class)

and shahshi is JMCRA A-MAIN Driver

the race will be held in suwon circuit.. very high speed track.

i want to race with them by a hair's breadth ^^

But it will not be easy.



this is shahshi profile.



Tadahiko Sahashi

Nationality: Japanese The younger of the Sahashi brothers, 18-year-old Tadahiko is the youngest member of the Serpent factory team. A leading star of the sport in Asia, he is a former Japanese 1:10 Champion and was Top Qualifier at the 2006 Japanese Nationals in 1:8th.
Search for publications that mention this driver.

Titles:
  • 2007 Serpent Nitro Tour in Bangkok 1/8th Winner
  • 2006 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship Top Qualifier
  • 2005 JMRCA 1/10th National Champion
  • 2004 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship (9th)
  • 2001 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship (4th)



Yuya Sahashi

Nationality: Japanese

One half of the famous Sahashi racing brother from Japan, Yuya is a leading 1:8 drivers in Asia. A finalist in the ultra competitive Japanese Nationals on six occassions Yuga has three podium finishes to his credit. Together with his brother Tadahiko, Yuya is the newest member of the Serpent factory team.

Search for publications that mention this driver.

Titles:
  • 2007 Serpent Nitro Tour in Bangkok 1/8th (3rd)
  • 2006 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship (6th)
  • 2005 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship (3rd)
  • 2004 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship (8th)
  • 2002 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship (2nd)
  • 2001 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship (7th)
  • 2000 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship (3rd)
__________________
MY SPONSORS:

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #5742
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

You will have your hands full but you are a talented driver Gansei.
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #5743
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Gansei dont worry about Sahashi brothers ,just do what you do best and race and have fun.
Sure you will be up there and give them stick

Kodack any idea if those screw kits from Tony's screws will be titanium ?
Guys dont ever use stainless steel screws ,they have bling but break easy.
Besides using titanium screws i dont see the need to change the screws on the G4S as they are good quality.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:21 AM   #5744
Tech Adept
 
vc05hdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morley,Perth W.A.
Posts: 246
Default

Gansei, Best of luck in racing against pro drivers. You are already a champion but you don't realise. Try this , picture every morning you and your mechanic winning up and coming races. Only think WIN WIN WIN. Think positive thoughts and you will surprise yourself and G4S crew. I am looking forward to see good results.........
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:48 AM   #5745
Tech Initiate
 
SacWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Calif. USA
Posts: 29
Default

Gansei you can race w/ the Pro's..you have the right tool's ( G4S )..just concentrate on relaxing and haveing fun ..you will do fine! Good Luck and enjoy everything...don't worry about the brother's they are just another set of racer's....
SacWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:59 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net