Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #5701
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

razzor nice job on the body
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #5702
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone know if there is a g4s manual online?? i was looking on team magic but didnt find it.
twan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #5703
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twan
does anyone know if there is a g4s manual online?? i was looking on team magic but didnt find it.
I was also looking for a copy of the G4S manual at the site and was informed by razzor that there is no online version posted at this time.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #5704
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523
Well fellas i finished my body and this is my first try at airbrushing i need some more practice with the xacto knife but after all i had a good time doing this cant wait to paint my next body. I want to thank Serpentd for helping me out, tell me what you think dude.

Well this was the pattern that i picked but for some reason when i started to pill off the liquid mask it came off with the paint that i sprayed so i said [email protected]$#$#cked it and i change my pattern with something a little easier for me

Let me know what yall think!
DUDE....VERY NICE!!! I see your fading and stuff, and looks nice and consistant. Great gob and nice colors. You did great for your first time bro! Like SacWolf said, it's al about practice from here on out my friend. By the way, I am still looking for a good air compressor for you for cheap. Looks like $100 is the cheapest I am finding, but they are not air brush compressors. Just small air compressors that actual look like they are putting out more PSI then the cheap airbrush ones. You want something to go to at least 75 PSI for that Faskolor. 50 and 60 will work, but just as well look for something that will handle it all you know. Plus some of the ones I am finding also have a air tank rather then a pump that never shuts off. The ones with a tank are much quieter then the others without a tank.

As far as the paint peeling off...hmmm. Well it could be a few things. First, make sure you clean out the body VERY well with a degreaser type soap and use a sponge or whatever to clean it out well. Then dry it with a towel. I usually swing the body up and down fast to sort of air dry it first to get the majority or water off, then wipe it with a paper towel or something that won't leave little fuzzys.

Next, after I cut out my design and peel that part away, I'm ready for my first amount of paint. The very first coat or two you want VERY thin. Sometimes it's so thin that you can barely even see the color of the paint. You want to build it up very slow at first. The first coat will determine how well the paint sticks to the body.After two thin coats that dry almost immediately, I start to put on a little bit thicker medium coats.

Now here is the trick. If you have TOO MANY coats on, it almost becomes one with the masking and can lift off. This is why we use different colors to back it to make it opaque. Otherwise it could take 15-20 coats for certain colors to make it dark enough. You want just enough coats on to the point when you apply your backer coat (white, silver...etc) this backer coat will highlight the first color. It just takes a bit of experience to learn when to put on your backer coat for each color. I will sometimes put a whit towel behind the paint and see how it looks and wheather or not I need more coats. But a good rule of thumb is to have around 5 coats and then 2 backer coats. Make sure that the first 2 of the 5 are your VERY thin coats. Colors like flourescents, I do more like 7 or 8 thin coats, maybe more, never medium coats. But I need to keep them thin and build up the color slow, so it doesn't peel away when you need to peel you next section of of masking.

Also, make sure it dries FULLY before every coat. I put my bodies in front of one of those little personal heaters for a few minutes. If you don't have one of those, a hair dryer will work just as well.

Last thing, If you keep coming across your paint lifting some, go ahead and scuff the inside of the body with some fine steel wool, blow it off and then put on your masking. Now this will make the body look dull, but the only color that is affected by scuffs or scratches is Chrome. You won't notice the scuffing with ANY other color. This will give the paint something more to bite to. And it works VERY well!

Dude, I hope this helps you out for your next body, because that design you had going at first was sic looking! I don't want you to waste all that time on cool shit and not have it work out. Its hard at times, but the more patients you have with a pain job, the better it will turn out and also stick to the body when you hit shit. Also, it takes practice, but with that first design you had going, I would use one of those "swivle" type X-Acto knives. They flow very smooth for intrecate detail work like what you had originally. But they suck bad for any straight lines. If you have longer wavy type lines then use your regular X-Acto knife and sort of twist or spin it slowly in your hand to make it change directions. Try not to stop and reposition the blade. Like on bigger flames, plus if you go outside of your original lines, don't trip, just let it flow rather then trying to stay on your markings perfect.

I will keep you updated when I find that right aircompressor that I think will be good for you in the $100 dollar range. Good luck my friend and I hope this helps out somewhat. Talk soon bro, and let me know if you have any questions along the way. I'll be here for you and everyone else! Later.
Sorry so long winded, but you all know me by now. I just hope it made some sence!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #5705
Tech Adept

thanks for the info.
twan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #5706
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

Here is my G4S with the new GRP Devil tires, I hope they last as long and grip as good as they look.

[img=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2911/picture004kw8.th.jpg]

my pipe is no wire thats why its angled down, my car is set at manual factory settings but doesn't the ride height look high?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #5707
Tech Regular

Serpentd i don't know what happen at first but at my second attempt everything went easy. I use a hair dryer after every coat but i'm going to remember to spray thin coats at first and about the backing i think i got that but believe me i'm going to buy another body and do my first pattern and see what happens oh and my friend gave me a badger 350 airbrush its used but its better then the one i got from walmart.

Serpentd what do you think about this compressor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Craftsman-Hobby-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by revo523; 04-04-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #5708
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Serpentd i don't know what happen at first but at my second attempt everything went easy. I use a hair dryer after every coat but i'm going to remember to spray thin coats at first and about the backing i think i got that but believe me i'm going to buy another body and do my first pattern and see what happens oh and my friend gave me a badger 350 airbrush its used but its better then the one i got from walmart.

Serpentd what do you think about this compressor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Craftsman-Hobby-...QQcmdZViewItem
Hell yeah bro, that looks decent to me. Plenty of air, that's for sure. Just don't understand how you change the air pressure. But if you can't do it in small increments, I'm sure that you can get a regulator for it, even a regulator with a moisture trap on it for cheap. Dang, for that price I say go for it bro. Should suit you very well! Good find man!

That's sweet too about the Badger air brush. I started with Bager, and even my older ones are some of my favorite. I think that they're even older then yours. Great stuff bro!!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #5709
Tech Master

Serpent D, I got a cheap CA HAwk dual action airbrush for my bodies, I also have a full sized compressor with a moister tap and air regulator.

that should be enough for my bodies right? just starting off getting some designs down.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #5710
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
Serpent D, I got a cheap CA HAwk dual action airbrush for my bodies, I also have a full sized compressor with a moister tap and air regulator.

that should be enough for my bodies right? just starting off getting some designs down.
Check this website out they have a bunch of stuff

http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/modules.php?name=Forums
Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #5711
Tech Master

I just hope my airbrush is ok, I only paid $30 for it

its dual action and the dual action does work, I was trying it out with some water and food coloring and it really controls flow from the start to finish its not like in instant turn on valve

doesnt seem too cheapo.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #5712
Tech Fanatic

Default knack option part

do you know about knack product?

kitade(2003 1/8 IFMAR A-Main Driver) made knack company.

but most of knack option is for MTX,RRR,FW-05.

But!! G4S was maden base on kyosho.

knack shock, kanck 0.8 module diff gear set can be adapted on G4S.

i buy knack shock, kanck 0.8 module diff gear on yesterday.

if you want to see, i will upload picture of knack product.

knack home page -> http://www.knack-racing.com/

- sepcial feature -

1) 0.8 module diff gear

- diff gear tooth have one more than normal diff gear.
- early stage response is fast
- it is not casting, strong and heat treatment
- reduct traction loss, increase acceleration like LSD.

2) Shock

- Fluorine coating shock body.
- Smooth activity, easy adjustable repulsive power
- can be used 1/8,1/10
- shock ball end offred Long,Medium,Short type
- Three of shock type (shock fixed ball distance -> 61mm~65mm, 56mm~60mm, 48mm~52mm(Front Spool))

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #5713
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution

Oh yeah bro, this will work just fine for you. As long as you can control that air, that's the most important thing. And as far as your airbrush, that sounds like it's working pretty well also. Just remember that if you are spraying really thin stuff, turn the air down to 20-25 PSI. Too much pressure will make the paint come out regarless of your trigger. You definitley don't want that on/off situation with you airbrush. Sounds like your good to go! Keep us posted man.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #5714
Tech Master

check out my post a few posts up, like my rims, i love those rims, they are the new GRP Devil tires, anyone use them? and if so how durable is the rim?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #5715
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Check this website out they have a bunch of stuff

http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/modules.php?name=Forums
Yeah dude, this is a great site for info. Some of these dudes are unbelievable artists with their equipment. They will definitley have excellent tips for every type of painting senario. Very cool sight bro!!