R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-28-2007, 02:17 AM   #5536
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Hey SeprentD - products arrive from PILOT today - nice one champ!!! ill get the cash to you very soon bud!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:39 AM   #5537
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBagRacing
Hey man, thanks for the reply I'll check that one way more thoroughly tomorrow & see. Been racking my brain on this one. The only other thing I can possibly think of is that perhaps I swapped an 18T & 19T in it.(std tranny) That would certainly make it do strange things.

this i too have thought about aswell:

try this:

1. back to basics stripp the transmission

2. check the rear diff

3. check front diff

4. make sure all ya drive pins on ya wheel hubs and pulleys are all in secure

5. check wheel base that is even to the centre line on both sides

6. adjust radio settings to make car drive in straight line "basically a wheel allighnment to drive straight

7. make sure you have same shore of tires in the rear and front, "try new allround

8. if this dont work, then use a hammer just kidding

9. head down to LHS and ask a local experience driver or expert

10. best of luck champ!!

hope this can help some way

Regards
Frankie
Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #5538
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Clutch post = clutch weights ??

If that so, You need to add the weight on the clutch. ( Some says using only 1 weight on the left side works better than using 2 weight altogether ----> no strange engine bogging after 15 minutes of racing ).

For me I follow the manual, using 2 weights / clutch shoe.
thanks
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 AM   #5539
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Front Diff

Is there a front Diff for the G4S and if it does what is the part #
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #5540
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
this i too have thought about aswell:

try this:

1. back to basics stripp the transmission

2. check the rear diff

3. check front diff

4. make sure all ya drive pins on ya wheel hubs and pulleys are all in secure

5. check wheel base that is even to the centre line on both sides

6. adjust radio settings to make car drive in straight line "basically a wheel allighnment to drive straight

7. make sure you have same shore of tires in the rear and front, "try new allround

8. if this dont work, then use a hammer just kidding

9. head down to LHS and ask a local experience driver or expert

10. best of luck champ!!

hope this can help some way

Regards
Frankie
Hey Frankie, Help indeed. Thanks m8! I think it's the rear diff. Standing at the back of the car I held the diff & tried turning the right wheel. It turned & had a proper diff feel to it. Moving to the left side wheel it is solid locked & wont turn unless the diff turns. I'll have to pull it to see what's up but this would certainly explain why the tail end of the car was kicking out while driving in a straight line on throttle. Only thing I can think of is that the gear that attaches to the drive cup is sitting on the pin rather than have the pin in it's proper drive groove. This would mean the Gear is 3-4mm closer to the center of the diff and causing a locked diff effect. I'll keep ya posted.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #5541
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBagRacing
Hey Frankie, Help indeed. Thanks m8! I think it's the rear diff. Standing at the back of the car I held the diff & tried turning the right wheel. It turned & had a proper diff feel to it. Moving to the left side wheel it is solid locked & wont turn unless the diff turns. I'll have to pull it to see what's up but this would certainly explain why the tail end of the car was kicking out while driving in a straight line on throttle. Only thing I can think of is that the gear that attaches to the drive cup is sitting on the pin rather than have the pin in it's proper drive groove. This would mean the Gear is 3-4mm closer to the center of the diff and causing a locked diff effect. I'll keep ya posted.

From your explanation it sounds like the diff outdrive is locked.
Unscrew the 4 diff screws and take the diff gear of then turn the outdrive to get the bevel gears to seat and reinstall diff gear and screws.
This happens when you assemble the diff ,i usually turn the outdrives after putting screws on with a few thread and then tighten up slowly checking teh outdrives are turning OK.Hope this helps.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #5542
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne
Is there a front Diff for the G4S and if it does what is the part #
I can help ya here m8 as I just ordered these yesterday from Sam @ raceday. You need 502115, 502116, and 502117. This will give you a complete diff with a spare diff case and should cost under $25 US not incl shipping.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #5543
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thank you for the Diff info
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:16 PM   #5544
Tech Addict

Default Rossi engine ?

Which Rossi model should i get + exhaust. i want good power, smooth power band + easy tuning.

thanks for your suggestions
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 PM   #5545
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6
Which Rossi model should i get + exhaust. i want good power, smooth power band + easy tuning.

thanks for your suggestions
Plus 353 special edition.. Box includes plus 353 race engine and a training engine!

Asil
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #5546
Tech Elite

Muppet Racing............

I was told (WE) were told that, ".......the guys in Europe" are testing TM's new rear sway bar out at the moment?

I assumed they meant you chaps in England.

Darren.....have you had any problems with the small bearings wearing out the two speed housing over there? It's a problem I've heard some are having over here although I haven't had any problems myself.

Good luck with the testing and with Tibshelf this weekend!
One of your favourite tracks to start out with should be a good omen !!

Menace
Old 03-29-2007, 05:30 AM   #5547
Tech Rookie

Hi to all on this forum, i am a new member and will love any advice you guys can give. Just bought my first kit G4S. Put it together in two days, i loved how all the parts fit together and the instructions were easy to follow. Race in Trinidad & Tobago in a club called TTRCC (Trinidad & Tobago Radio Control Club). It's a touring car club.

I am the first member in the club to race with the G4S, and man this car moves . My first car was/is a Nitro TC3 fully modified with LRP Spec 2 engine. This car works really good but somehow the power from the engine is not distributed well with the shaft, However with The G4S using the same LRP Spec 2 Engine the belts on this cars distributes the power well and this car handels sweet. Just love it.

Still Trying to find the right set up for our track in Trinidad which is a short track with a lot of turns, medium traction and a bit on the bumpy side.

Anyone with a set-up for this type of track please send to me.

Guys do you think i should use a front diff. instead of the solid axel for this type of track???????
msteeple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 AM   #5548
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by asil
Plus 353 special edition.. Box includes plus 353 race engine and a training engine!

Asil
Do you know internet shop who sells this Novarossi package??
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:21 AM   #5549
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteeple
Hi to all on this forum, i am a new member and will love any advice you guys can give. Just bought my first kit G4S. Put it together in two days, i loved how all the parts fit together and the instructions were easy to follow. Race in Trinidad & Tobago in a club called TTRCC (Trinidad & Tobago Radio Control Club). It's a touring car club.

I am the first member in the club to race with the G4S, and man this car moves . My first car was/is a Nitro TC3 fully modified with LRP Spec 2 engine. This car works really good but somehow the power from the engine is not distributed well with the shaft, However with The G4S using the same LRP Spec 2 Engine the belts on this cars distributes the power well and this car handels sweet. Just love it.

Still Trying to find the right set up for our track in Trinidad which is a short track with a lot of turns, medium traction and a bit on the bumpy side.

Guys do you think i should use a front diff. instead of the solid axel for this type of track???????

Bud take your time to go through earlier posts on this thread ,there is a wealth of info that will help you.
Also check out the build tips on 3hobby.net and Kodacks blog
links:
http://kodakhodak.blogspot.com/
http://www.3hobby.net/modules.php?na...viewforum&f=20
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:25 AM   #5550
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteeple

Hey Msteeple, How did you find the time to Build your G4S and run it with the World Cup going on at home?