R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #541
Tech Adept

How heavy is the G4S with tyres, Tx, servos, motor, empty tank but without body?
ElectricConvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #542
Tech Regular

Not today.... may come to watch you guys friday. I still have Geoff's pipe to deliver for him. If now Wendy will deliver the pipe. However my engine's not in yet, but the car is almost ready to go. It is really to good looking to put on a track to get dirty.... but I will!!!!

You be running friday?

Sam
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #543
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My frist weekend out with my G4s?????? VERY IMPRESSED !!! The C.G of the car is so low,it stays flat and corners very well. And so that everyone knows the car has STEERING Just from this weekend i think that i'm going to like this car better than the other 3 i've ran. The G4s is very very easy to drive. Can't wait to put it down in FT. Myers
D-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #544
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy

ran the S yesterday... its as simple as this, my G4-EVO which took me some time to get dialed is just as equal as the standard set-up of the G4S what more if change springs, shock oil, etc... WOW my car has no more bind after running 4-5 tanks, the arms, hingepins and pillow balls have loosen up YAHOO! i am kinda having trouble with the UFO clutch spring(red) though, its kinda getting too compressed when i tighten the nut so i changed to an old used spring(red). the car handles very well, stable, and good steering forcing me to decrease the EPA down to 90 i had glitch problems at first but it was easy to resolve take a look at the picture
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-dsc00008.jpg  
Old 02-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #545
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man
My frist weekend out with my G4s?????? VERY IMPRESSED !!! The C.G of the car is so low,it stays flat and corners very well. And so that everyone knows the car has STEERING Just from this weekend i think that i'm going to like this car better than the other 3 i've ran. The G4s is very very easy to drive. Can't wait to put it down in FT. Myers

Lay it down D-man!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:50 PM   #546
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man
Great to hear the positive feedback on how well the new G4S handles.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:21 PM   #547
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

D Man didn't say what car he's steppin out of so I'll tell you Its an RRR.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:29 PM   #548
Tech Regular

Took my G4S for the first run around our local track. Took me ages to get the 2 speed to shift properly. I set the screws flush as the manual suggests but I must have wound the scews out 2+ turns to get it start shifting

First couple of laps in the stock form and the car is suffering from a very bad on-power push. I'm running a protoform Mazda6 body with 37's all around.

Working on some changes. Will get it sorted

Cheers
Lycan
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #549
Tech Master

lucan check out rays setup information and make sure the suspension is free. take all the shocks off the car and see if all the arms move up and down free with no binding.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:49 AM   #550
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

To Dennis, or any of you guys with a manual,

Can you please post the part numbers for all of the steering pieces (to build a complete bellcrank setup for the single post like the new car and please include the par numbers for the ballcups and the tie rods) as well as the part number for the new chassis.

Cheers,

Mike.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:59 AM   #551
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
To Dennis, or any of you guys with a manual,

Can you please post the part numbers for all of the steering pieces (to build a complete bellcrank setup for the single post like the new car and please include the par numbers for the ballcups and the tie rods) as well as the part number for the new chassis.

Cheers,

Mike.
yea, it will be great if anyone upload an full instruction manual and parts list so that we can all see how well writtent the manual is, at the same time sort out a list to convert mongoose to a G4S style car
Old 02-10-2006, 02:08 AM   #552
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan
Took my G4S for the first run around our local track. Took me ages to get the 2 speed to shift properly. I set the screws flush as the manual suggests but I must have wound the scews out 2+ turns to get it start shifting

First couple of laps in the stock form and the car is suffering from a very bad on-power push. I'm running a protoform Mazda6 body with 37's all around.

Working on some changes. Will get it sorted

Cheers
Lycan
what engine you use?

maybe try use my setup and see if it work

front toe: out 1 degree
front camber: 1.5 degree
front antiroll bar: flat
shock: 40wt oil, outer low and inner top
caster: 1mm on the back
front height: 4.5~5.0 mm
rear toe: in 2 degree
rear camber:2degree
antiroll bar, about 10~15 degree
rear shock: 40wt oil, outer low and mid on top
rear height: 5.5~6mm

use 37 shore tyre as you did

I never use the stock setting because this setting is great for where I play, have reletive good traction from the ground.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:28 AM   #553
Tech Regular

Talking Lycan

As Dennis said make sure there are no binding problems anywhere on the car. Check all hinge pins and ball joints to make sure that they move smoothly up and down. It would be very helpful if you would post your set-up info. After making sure that your suspension is completely free, here are some tips in getting the car dialed in.

Things to address one at a time in making changes for on-power push. These changes depend on the severity of on-power push. Do them one at a time.

1) suspension is free and recheck car set-up that Darren and I posted.
2) run 37 shore fronts and 40 shore rears(if you don't have 40 rears that's okay try the other changes below)
3) narrow front end to 195mm (Double check front camber,caster)
4) Increase front toe-out to 1 degree both sides
5) reduce front droop(less weight transfer to rear wheels on on-power acceleration)
6) reduce rear toe-in (provided the car isn't loose anywhere on the track) try
2degrees. Reducing rear toe in increases steering on entry and exit.
7) add rear sway bar
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:39 AM   #554
Tech Regular

Default Red Clutch spring

When setting up the UFO clutch make sure that you run the clutch spring tightening nut all the way down on the flywheel nut .Then back it all the way out and off the nut. This reduces some of the locktite on the nut. Do this before assembling the entire clutch. Team Magic manufacturing put alot of lock tite on the flywheel nut, and I found it difficult in adjusting the clutch nut once the car was assembled. Also some of the locktite flaked off and I don't want that floating around in my clutch.

The red kit spring does work well on the car. However....... if you need to tighten the spring nut down beyond 1mm, the spring will coil bind. This is not good!! The clutch will not work properly. Make sure you take care in measuring all clutch gaps.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:53 AM   #555
Tech Apprentice

hi Zoom,
hope you are well, until the upgrade comes out it might be tricky to do what you want, mainly because there is a new hole in the chassis that overlaps the old one (under servo saver). it may be possible to fill the old hole with epoxy, then redrill the new hole ( i dont know if this would work?)

the new chassis, isnt like the old one as there are new radio plate support positions, and it would be missing a few holes for your car.

the bellcrank system is simply brilliant, and very simple !
part no.

502267 Bellcrank system
116135 steering rods
502271 new front upper stiffener
502268 futaba servo arm
502269 ko, sanwa & JR servo arm
please correct me if im wrong, but i think that would be all you need. BUT it depends on that hole.

BUT, the new kit is fantastic, its night and day with the old one, especially with the goodies you get in the kit, bearings, belts, chassis etc etc etc etc.
chassis stiffness, i could go on..........

dont know how much a kit is in oz (you dont need to buy ANY upgrades, and all your wisbones etc would fit), or it might be worth the upgrade kit.
sorry i cant be more helpfull.
P.S. howz the weather ?
good luck,
darren.
muppet racing is offline   Reply With Quote