R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #5521
Tech Master

We run on a sealed asphalt parking lot surface, that is treated with grape soda. The season starts out low grip and increases to a high medium grip in the summer. We run no sway bars. make sure you run a softer shore front than rear. Zero front droop and three in the rear. Start your tires at 60mm in the front and 62-62.5 in the rear. Adjust suspension to handle the bumps; oil wt, ride ht, spring wt etc. This should get you started in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6
Dear all, can you please tell me the difference between the RTR & the G4S Pro. Basically we tried the RTR and it literraly sticks to the ground but as soon as we tried my Pro the rear is to much loose ! Our track where we race is a bit bumby and not that grippy so i will start by removing the sway bars as i am sure that the RTR doesnt come with sway bars. What about ride hight and shock springs are they the same ?

One last thing i will be buying a new engine what do you suggest between RB and Nova Rossi ( money is not an issue )

Thanks for looking
Old 03-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #5522
Tech Master

Both motors are good, but the Rossi is the better choice hands down.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #5523
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Clutch help

I bought my G4S from someone but the was new He recommeded that I don't use the clutch post in the clutch is this the standard?????????????????

anyway when I pull the trigger car doesn't move+ clutch post not installed
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #5524
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speed6: shocks on RTR and G4S are identical.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #5525
Tech Apprentice

Hey folks. I just finished building my g4s and took it out for some break in running today. I am using the stock set up till I can get to my track & then will work on getting the most out of it. However, right out of the box the rear end wants to outrun the front end when accelerating in a straight line. I have checked for binding & there is absolutely none any where in the drivetrain. The front hub is locked as a solid axle as this is how it came out of the box. You would think that in this configuration it would be extremely stable in a straight line. It is anything but that! Tires on both ends are currently 62mm. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
G
Old 03-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #5526
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey fellas i just notice on my car that the rear right tire is wearing faster then the left tire. What can be the cause of this and how can i fix it?
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #5527
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to shano

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523
Hey fellas i just notice on my car that the rear right tire is wearing faster then the left tire. What can be the cause of this and how can i fix it?
what you can do is swap your rear tyre over so put your left on right and vice versa.The cause of this is that there are a lot of corners at your local track eg.more left turns more wear on left rear tyre and more right turns more wear on right tyre.I think that this is correct if not my apologies and the guys here will correct me if i have made a mistake
shano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #5528
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6
Dear all, can you please tell me the difference between the RTR & the G4S Pro. Basically we tried the RTR and it literraly sticks to the ground but as soon as we tried my Pro the rear is to much loose ! Our track where we race is a bit bumby and not that grippy so i will start by removing the sway bars as i am sure that the RTR doesnt come with sway bars. What about ride hight and shock springs are they the same ?

One last thing i will be buying a new engine what do you suggest between RB and Nova Rossi ( money is not an issue )

Thanks for looking
Funny thing you mentioned as I have a Hobao GPX4 RTR and some other hobbyist has said simular where RTR handles better than Pro or Pro needing more setup. Maybe to do with thinner chassis compared to stiff Pro chassis.
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #5529
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I bought my G4S from someone but the was new He recommeded that I don't use the clutch post in the clutch is this the standard?????????????????

bump
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #5530
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mr Dawg,

Since I'm not familiar with what you mean by 'clutch post' and you say you got the car from a newb, I would strongly recommend setting the clutch up as per the manual. Everything the manual says about the clutch is correct and will make the car work.

Since the car won't move at all, I'm guessing that what he left out wasn't supposed to be left out.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #5531
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBagRacing
Hey folks. I just finished building my g4s and took it out for some break in running today. I am using the stock set up till I can get to my track & then will work on getting the most out of it. However, right out of the box the rear end wants to outrun the front end when accelerating in a straight line. I have checked for binding & there is absolutely none any where in the drivetrain. The front hub is locked as a solid axle as this is how it came out of the box. You would think that in this configuration it would be extremely stable in a straight line. It is anything but that! Tires on both ends are currently 62mm. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
G
I'd check the one-way and make sure it's actually completely locked and not just sending power to one side. I had that happen, and it only seems like it affected braking performance (spin out). But, I can't think of anything else. I do remember some guys having trouble with the one-way bearings not being secured properly in the housing. If you can't trace the problem with the car on the bench .I'd fire it up and lift the rear end and make sure the front is pulling correctly and do the same for the rear.

Seems like it has to be either the front or rear diff though. I'm beat, hope the helps in some way...
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #5532
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano
what you can do is swap your rear tyre over so put your left on right and vice versa.The cause of this is that there are a lot of corners at your local track eg.more left turns more wear on left rear tyre and more right turns more wear on right tyre.I think that this is correct if not my apologies and the guys here will correct me if i have made a mistake
Well Shano i dont race i only play around a parking lot for now until they get a track around here. I know it sucks but i only go in a strait line!
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #5533
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to shano

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523
Well Shano i dont race i only play around a parking lot for now until they get a track around here. I know it sucks but i only go in a strait line!
Hey bud sorry but i cant help you on that see if serpentd or kodak hodak can help!!!
shano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #5534
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat

Clutch post = clutch weights ??

If that so, You need to add the weight on the clutch. ( Some says using only 1 weight on the left side works better than using 2 weight altogether ----> no strange engine bogging after 15 minutes of racing ).

For me I follow the manual, using 2 weights / clutch shoe.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #5535
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33
I'd check the one-way and make sure it's actually completely locked and not just sending power to one side. I had that happen, and it only seems like it affected braking performance (spin out). But, I can't think of anything else. I do remember some guys having trouble with the one-way bearings not being secured properly in the housing. If you can't trace the problem with the car on the bench .I'd fire it up and lift the rear end and make sure the front is pulling correctly and do the same for the rear.

Seems like it has to be either the front or rear diff though. I'm beat, hope the helps in some way...
Hey man, thanks for the reply I'll check that one way more thoroughly tomorrow & see. Been racking my brain on this one. The only other thing I can possibly think of is that perhaps I swapped an 18T & 19T in it.(std tranny) That would certainly make it do strange things.