R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #5506
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
Hey Dan, cool. Will be good to have another G4S along. I can lend you a body for the car to get you on the track (a bit rough but good enough) and we have club transponders so no drama there.

We usually have at least two heats of 200mm tourers so we should be able to set you up in the second tier heats so you can get some experience. I think you would gain a lot from running in the races as there isn't much time to practice until the end of the day. Have you raced cars at all before or is this your first RC?
Cheers Bud, this is my first R/C so definitly need that experience. But I'm really looking forward to getting involved and getting into the sport a lot more. That would be awesome if you can lend me a body ro get me out there. Need to finish off running my motor in this week but then I should be good to go this Sunday.
www.jacoracing.net
Danjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #5507
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Excellent. My name's Mike so just ask for me when you get there. I'm usually there around 8am on race days. I can fix you up with a body then and you'll be good to go.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #5508
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I went last saturday to the local parking lot track we are located at Monterrey Mexico everything went well but a few races in the final B round i had a fron crash with the track, and the hit made the Rx batt plug went off the plug and you know when this happen a crazy car all over the track, ok my friends help with the car .. after bring the car to the pit table i didnīt noticed that the batts are in short circuit so suddenly two the of the batts explode and all the carbon particles went direct to my eyes and my face, after this a friend put some water in mi eyes and i went o the hospital ...the doctor said i had some particles in one of my eyes then he washed my eyes , face and put a patch in my right eye,both eyes are damaged no to loose my eyes but good for a patch by 24 hours now everything is fine thanks God..
And i will change my stock seup switch to real switch..
Well hope my experience can help you guys..
fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:49 PM   #5509
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

Well guys, I'm making more progress on my G4S!

If you read my signature you will see I added a JLR "Red-Dot" to the list, a Skyline pipe, some tires, and servo.

so whats left to add are setup gagues, and steering servo!.

maybe a total of 3 more weeks, it will heat up and my car will be ready to run for the first time.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #5510
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Espero que te mejores pronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix
I went last saturday to the local parking lot track we are located at Monterrey Mexico everything went well but a few races in the final B round i had a fron crash with the track, and the hit made the Rx batt plug went off the plug and you know when this happen a crazy car all over the track, ok my friends help with the car .. after bring the car to the pit table i didnīt noticed that the batts are in short circuit so suddenly two the of the batts explode and all the carbon particles went direct to my eyes and my face, after this a friend put some water in mi eyes and i went o the hospital ...the doctor said i had some particles in one of my eyes then he washed my eyes , face and put a patch in my right eye,both eyes are damaged no to loose my eyes but good for a patch by 24 hours now everything is fine thanks God..
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #5511
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523
Espero que te mejores pronto.
Gracias ten cuidado con esos switch ..
fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #5512
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Thank you asw, I fly in to Denpasar 26th May, probably miss this one
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #5513
Tech Adept

Quote:
Yes, I think we all forget how dangerous some materials can be in the sport. Maybe some basic club safety standards should be introduced other than enclosed shoes(??) Safety glasses for starters. I hope you get well soon
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #5514
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Thank you asw, I fly in to Denpasar 26th May, probably miss this one
Safe travel and enjoy your holiday !!!
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:33 AM   #5515
Tech Elite

Quote:
sorry to hear that ,good to hear you OK.
Dont think its the plugs fault just your unfortunate luck.
Important thing is you OK
Strip and go through the car and rebuild it.Maybe look at making a 1000mah batt for the car.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 AM   #5516
Tech Elite

Hey Darren (muppet Racing)

How are you doing? I trust you and Steve are going to tear the Uk tracks up again and take the title. Best of luck to you.
I do miss the racing in the Uk.....always very competitive !

Thanks for the info' on the clutch you posted earlier.....very useful.
Have you been testing the new rear roll bar? How's that going?

Are you still running Nova Rossi's?

Regards to everyone there,

Menace
Old 03-27-2007, 01:59 AM   #5517
Tech Apprentice

Hi Menace,

We will do our best, 1st round at Tibshelf this weekend, and the series looks more competitive than ever, so it wont be easy this year !

The only bar I have is the Mugen one !!!!!!!!

For sure, Nova Rossi, their 12's are simply the best, cant wait for my new engines for the euro's For the UK we are racing last years EFRA rules (not IFMAR crank)

Regards,
Darren.
muppet racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:43 AM   #5518
Tech Addict

Default G4S RTR vs PRO

Dear all, can you please tell me the difference between the RTR & the G4S Pro. Basically we tried the RTR and it literraly sticks to the ground but as soon as we tried my Pro the rear is to much loose ! Our track where we race is a bit bumby and not that grippy so i will start by removing the sway bars as i am sure that the RTR doesnt come with sway bars. What about ride hight and shock springs are they the same ?

One last thing i will be buying a new engine what do you suggest between RB and Nova Rossi ( money is not an issue )

Thanks for looking
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:22 AM   #5519
Tech Regular

Location: West Ozzie living in Merrigum...Shepparton...Victoria
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6
Dear all, can you...............................

One last thing i will be buying a new engine what do you suggest between RB and Nova Rossi ( money is not an issue )

Thanks for looking
IF you look at the rossi they are selling two engines in one box at the moment. A practice motor and a race motor.
....Axial Wraith....
.......... 😃 ..........
arr see car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:16 AM   #5520
ALG
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6

Thanks for looking

THAT is the best thing you can say MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE!!!!!! so I recomend to get both engines and test them on your track, that is the best way to decide on an engine for a specific track. It take time but satisfaction is great!!!!
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote