R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-16-2007, 02:55 AM   #5326
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

well, guys u are all much better off than us, asian RC player. We have a low currency (hmm, not that low compared to indonesia rupia), so for a tuned engine, it may just cost u guys USD400, but after conversion to me for example, in Malayisa, is about RM1400. so u get wat i mean? Standard of living is different, but price of RC remain the same tru-out the world.

this is even worst for those who spend on branded designer goods, such as LV, Gucci, Prada, D&G, Hermes, etc... all european designer fashion. hahaha... cheers.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 AM   #5327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Oi i am going to change the subject SerpantD - GOODLUCK this weeken, have a ball man and make sure FUN factor is there too!

Your Aussie mate "Kodak Hodak"
Old 03-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #5328
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, unless I spell it out, give every part #, and tell her where to get it, there is still a chance I won't get the right stuff. Plus in Colorado, Not one hobby store carries any of the sedans that we all run. Unless it's monster truck stuff. The only buggy I have seen is the new Losi eight. No one, and I mean no one carries any "race" stuff". I have to literally shop for 95% of everything on the net, which sucks! I can't even get "good" servos.

Dude, that's way cool that your wife understands your hobby to the point she can buy parts for you. Damn bro that's killer! How long have you guys been together and how long did it take her to understand this hobby. You have a rare find there bro. I know you treat her like gold too. SWEET!

And yes, the money thing doesn't matter at all (I never trip or stress on it), in fact I just got a Tamiya Frog to go have fun with in the back lot. We live on an acre of land, so I want to build an offroad track and just have fun with my 100 dollar Frog.
The Frog was my very first RC car kit from over 20 years ago. I still have it in about 90% condition. We definitely need that reminder of "FUN" and why we got into this hobby in the first place!!! Sweet bro!
Thanks dued, we been together about 9 years married 4 she understood hobby from day one, cause I took her to the local race one day and she was hooked she even said I buy your stuff I told her it was expensive she didn't care so the first day out we spent $1500+ on car & motor & remote from that day on it's been on and
crackin.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #5329
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im sh!t out of luck because my girlfriend works at the bank where i have my bank account so i cant hide anything to here, before i pay for my stuff shes already calling me asking, what are you buying.LOL!
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #5330
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523
Im sh!t out of luck because my girlfriend works at the bank where i have my bank account so i cant hide anything to here, before i pay for my stuff shes already calling me asking, what are you buying.LOL!
WOW THAT'S COLD
Old 03-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #5331
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey I'm new to the GS4 family could anybody post the links for odering hop-ups for this car
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #5332
Tech Regular

http://racedayhobbies.com/
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #5333
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523
thanks
Old 03-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #5334
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

Well it was 68 degrees here on wednesday so I took a table outside and finished building my g4s.

I was so happy its finally done, all I need now is an engine a body and 2 servos.

well My happiness soon turned into "WTF?" disbelief. It went from 68 degrees to 10-14 inches of snow within 2 days, and right now there are whiteout conditions outside my window and a forecast of about a foot of snow.....gotta love northeast weather.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #5335
Tech Elite

I'm in groton,ct and weather flat out sucks
Old 03-16-2007, 01:45 PM   #5336
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
Well it was 68 degrees here on wednesday so I took a table outside and finished building my g4s.

I was so happy its finally done, all I need now is an engine a body and 2 servos.

well My happiness soon turned into "WTF?" disbelief. It went from 68 degrees to 10-14 inches of snow within 2 days, and right now there are whiteout conditions outside my window and a forecast of about a foot of snow.....gotta love northeast weather.
Man that stinks...I guess it would be worse if you had a new mill ready to be broke-in I'm so ready for consistant 70+ degrees.
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #5337
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
You can't worry about how much you spend in this RC hobby just enjoy it like I do the good thing is my wife spends more money on my RC stuff than I do she is alway's asking me what do I need for my car that why I call her my sponsor which can see on my signature at the bottom and that is her in my avatar well at least the cartoon version which looks just like her.

Ivan,

Is that your wife that come to the races with you on Sundays? You are lucky to have her support and backing. You need to train her how to pit for you.

Don
Old 03-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #5338
Tech Master

Default Yea thats Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnitro
Ivan,

Is that your wife that come to the races with you on Sundays? You are lucky to have her support and backing. You need to train her how to pit for you.

Don
To all the guys, I am his wife,friend, and a supporter of all he does. As for wives the only time we trip is when we are not getting enough attention in other areas. Most women should take out the time and learn what it is that makes their man happy and be a part of it.
I was hooked the very first time I went and I was really proud of him and of all of you Jr. Engineers becuase when I seen how the car comes in all those little bags and watch my husband and put it together that was it for me I saw him in a whole different light.
I just don't think wives know how much work goes into building and maintaining a sucessful car. I buy rc stuff becuase I want him to be the best and compete with the best.... specially if I am at the track all day. If your wife's or girlfriends ever want to talk or meet me at the track I be happy to give them some encouragement because our whole family is proud of our number one man.
P.S
As for being his pit man- you seen me I famine in every way. Don't want to break a nail
Final P.S
I may need to start a ten step program( My husband is a rc addict) and I love him still

Danyelle Dickson
#1 sponsor for life
Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 PM   #5339
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
To all the guys, I am his wife,friend, and a supporter of all he does. As for wives the only time we trip is when we are not getting enough attention in other areas. Most women should take out the time and learn what it is that makes their man happy and be a part of it.
I was hooked the very first time I went and I was really proud of him and of all of you Jr. Engineers becuase when I seen how the car comes in all those little bags and watch my husband and put it together that was it for me I saw him in a whole different light.
I just don't think wives know how much work goes into building and maintaining a sucessful car. I buy rc stuff becuase I want him to be the best and compete with the best.... specially if I am at the track all day. If your wife's or girlfriends ever want to talk or meet me at the track I be happy to give them some encouragement because our whole family is proud of our number one man.
P.S
As for being his pit man- you seen me I famine in every way. Don't want to break a nail
Final P.S
I may need to start a ten step program( My husband is a rc addict) and I love him still

Danyelle Dickson
#1 sponsor for life
That is an awesome post. I too am lucky in that my wife supports my rc habbit. She even goes to watch me race most of the time. I hope to get her racing a little this season and to get her going I bought her a new Losi XXXS as a gift. She loves it.... Tomorrow I'm taking her to the LHS to run on the carpet. I'm excited to see her race.
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #5340
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33
That is an awesome post. I too am lucky in that my wife supports my rc habbit. She even goes to watch me race most of the time. I hope to get her racing a little this season and to get her going I bought her a new Losi XXXS as a gift. She loves it.... Tomorrow I'm taking her to the LHS to run on the carpet. I'm excited to see her race.
Thanks I feel wonderful to have a wife of this nature My hat off to you too for having a awesome wife to share your hobby with.