R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #496
Tech Master
 
XTREMERCHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reactor
Daniz ill PM you

Reactor - Make me one please
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #497
Tech Adept
 
reactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 145
Default

No problem
reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:15 AM   #498
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

Reactor, thanks! I thought my old all-silver G4 is the coolest, but yours is wow.
Looks like a Silver Arrow - McLaren Mercedes to me
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #499
Tech Adept
 
reactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Reactor, thanks! I thought my old all-silver G4 is the coolest, but yours is wow.
Looks like a Silver Arrow - McLaren Mercedes to me
No problem Daniz and yes the g4s is wow, yesterday i was at JP tracks (the only indoor touring in the country)using my evo and run for the 1st time, its a very aggresive tracks, huge and lots of traction i did a good run for the whole 4 tanks and on the 5th tank i think i went to the limit flew car 4ft in the air and hit a steel post
BROKE FRONT LOW ARM! but the rest of the car is tough! now im having 2nd thoughts of running my S, too pretty to get scratches i may put it in the cabinet for display
reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #500
Tech Regular
 
MCRUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chino Hills
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Pre Nats
Sedan Nats
Great Lakes
All Vegas big Races
Most of Rev's Big Races
Regionals
All the above at least.
Brad, are u going to drive the new g4s too?
__________________
M32EVOX
MCRUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #501
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRUZ
Brad, are u going to drive the new g4s too?
Oh Hell No!
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #502
Tech Regular
 
4F1Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Canyon,Arizona
Posts: 381
Default

But wish he was !!! lol.... Nice kit though huh Brad??? If it all translates to the track things will be great! Building mine now.... can't wait to get er done!
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:12 AM   #503
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Le Mans RTR?

What are the specs on the SH engine in the Le Mans RTR? It appears to be a .15, but it is under 1hp (club rules)?

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #504
Tech Regular
 
4F1Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Canyon,Arizona
Posts: 381
Default

The engine is an SH .15 rear exhaust. I couldn't find the specs on the engine when I tried once. However I will look again but needing under 1hp should ok. I ty to find it again for you and post if I find it.

Sam
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:22 AM   #505
Tech Fanatic
 
rbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A L P I N A
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Default

REACTOR: i accidentally opened one and look at it now in just 14 hours... TADANG!!! 6-hour sleep included i'm racing it on friday so gotta run it tomorrow or on thursday to find the right set-up im starting of at the standard set-up but i will be using 15,000wt diff oil

Motorman: i kinda have a binding on the rear, i have done all my means in eliminating it but it is still there. is it okay to grind the arms with a 1/8 drill bit? other than that, the G4S is aweSSSSome
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-dsc00004.jpg   Team Magic G4-dsc00006.jpg  
__________________
www.xtremerchobbiesph.net

Last edited by rbboy; 02-07-2006 at 07:33 AM.
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #506
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 134
Default

RB boy
first take the upper links off. and see if the lower arms are tight if they are loosen the bulkheads at the chassis and the top shock tower bracket. re tighten the tower bracket down and then the bulkheads. this should free up the lower arms. If the upper link is the culprit you can remove the outer ball and mount it in a drill and polish it with scotchbrite or fine wet or dry 125 grit paper and reinstall the ball cup. do this until the ball friction is reduced and the ball cup is free on the ball. If the lowers have a little drag they will free up after a couple runs.
RB on another note use the outer upper position on the camber link and the lower inner position when using foam tires and start with 3 full degrees of rear camber and maybe 2 degrees toe in to start. Some feedback I recieved was 10,000 to 15,000 is about right. as far as springs you may find kit silver springs pretty neutral, but if you want to get more agressive change to an aqua front and a pink rear and if the car develops a little push try standing the rear bar up to free the rear of the car up. (make sure you provide enough clearance between the sway rear bar ends so they don't bind together in the socket) This is why the bar socket (silver) changed and is alot deeper now than before as this was a bad problem on the prior car. You really need to pay attention to this as if it binds the car will go instantly loose when it binds up and it will drive you crazy hunting setup.

I put a car together for another guy yesterday and I think I hold the record at 6 hours. I was ready to drop dead afterwards



Bundy
the spec's will be over 1 hp, does it make that? I have no Idea.

Sorry I've been away a while, Its been a little nuts recently dealing with dealer orders and trying to get the team ready for the winternats
Motorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #507
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Just studying the manual before building.
Found a printing error
Set Up & Tuning 15 Gear Ratio:
Basic Set Up: 1st 19/56T 2nd 24/46T

1st gear spurs are 50/51/52, not 56
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #508
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default SH Engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman2
RB boy
first take the upper links off. and see if the lower arms are tight if they are loosen the bulkheads at the chassis and the top shock tower bracket. re tighten the tower bracket down and then the bulkheads. this should free up the lower arms. If the upper link is the culprit you can remove the outer ball and mount it in a drill and polish it with scotchbrite or fine wet or dry 125 grit paper and reinstall the ball cup. do this until the ball friction is reduced and the ball cup is free on the ball. If the lowers have a little drag they will free up after a couple runs.
RB on another note use the outer upper position on the camber link and the lower inner position when using foam tires and start with 3 full degrees of rear camber and maybe 2 degrees toe in to start. Some feedback I recieved was 10,000 to 15,000 is about right. as far as springs you may find kit silver springs pretty neutral, but if you want to get more agressive change to an aqua front and a pink rear and if the car develops a little push try standing the rear bar up to free the rear of the car up. (make sure you provide enough clearance between the sway rear bar ends so they don't bind together in the socket) This is why the bar socket (silver) changed and is alot deeper now than before as this was a bad problem on the prior car. You really need to pay attention to this as if it binds the car will go instantly loose when it binds up and it will drive you crazy hunting setup.

I put a car together for another guy yesterday and I think I hold the record at 6 hours. I was ready to drop dead afterwards



Bundy
the spec's will be over 1 hp, does it make that? I have no Idea.

Sorry I've been away a while, Its been a little nuts recently dealing with dealer orders and trying to get the team ready for the winternats

That would then make it an expensive changeover by having to ditch the SH for something that meets the club rules

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #509
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Any update on G4s convertion kit or G4s specific parts list ?
__________________
Xray X12 2015
ARC R10 ATS
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #510
Tech Regular
 
4F1Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Canyon,Arizona
Posts: 381
Default

I will contribute this to the SH .15 engine HP question. Most engines like this will only produce 27 to 30k. A similar OS engine and a couple of other showed only .68 to .75 HP. I would say this engine would fit club rules. This is the best I could fine from other sites. SH site does not give the information. I tried!

Sam
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net