R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #4906
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey Guys,

Well all my parts finally arrive and WOW factor yes, someone has got BLING!!!

So far its going well, its almost a full rebuild with the new 4mm chasis, but it does feel stronger!!

The weight not too much differance, id say with the ED trans it will still shoot like a rocket!

Only drama's i got is the Mugen Steering Arms, as there longer than the standard G4S end cups, but a few mods here and there and its coming together well!!!

Here is some happy snaps once again....
Hey Frankie ! we need to make a new ring tone for your mobile man
BLING BLING......BLING BLING......BLING...I GOT BLING HA HA
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:08 AM   #4907
Tech Adept

looks good, bling! bling!
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:16 AM   #4908
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hey Guys,

So far its going well, its almost a full rebuild with the new 4mm chasis, but it does feel stronger!!

The weight not too much differance, id say with the ED trans it will still shoot like a rocket!

Only drama's i got is the Mugen Steering Arms, as there longer than the standard G4S end cups, but a few mods here and there and its coming together well!!!

Dude, heres a quick reminder about your new pretty speed shot front end. I think it's called that. Anyway, don't forget to add some JB weld or similar cold weld to the rear cut outs on the aluminum piece. Pics are included. Hint: tape off the top and apply the JB weld to the bottom. This way when you pull off the tape when it's dry, it's nice and clean looking and then on the bottom where you applied the weld, you can use an exacto knife to clean up any excess that might have built up upon application. I didn't do it this way and it shows. So just a heads up bro. By the way it looks VERY SWEET!!! About time that damn pilot got you your stuff! Later bro.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-full-moon-017.jpg   Team Magic G4-full-moon-018.jpg  
Old 03-05-2007, 06:17 AM   #4909
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Hey Frankie ! we need to make a new ring tone for your mobile man
BLING BLING......BLING BLING......BLING...I GOT BLING HA HA

more like BLINK BLINKY TI BLINK your a clown pattojnr - but i luv ya man you crack me up at times!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:19 AM   #4910
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, heres a quick reminder about your new pretty speed shot front end. I think it's called that. Anyway, don't forget to add some JB weld or similar cold weld to the rear cut outs on the aluminum piece. Pics are included. Hint: tape off the top and apply the JB weld to the bottom. This way when you pull off the tape when it's dry, it's nice and clean looking and then on the bottom where you applied the weld, you can use an exacto knife to clean up any excess that might have built up upon application. I didn't do it this way and it shows. So just a heads up bro. By the way it looks VERY SWEET!!! About time that damn pilot got you your stuff! Later bro.

gotcha ya bro, illl do this mid week as ill get the thing looking pretty, pitty they dont just fill this section up from factory - maybe when they see these mods, that may do in future!!!

Thou cheers bud on the tip, i almost forgot about that part
Old 03-05-2007, 06:34 AM   #4911
Tech Elite

Just want to thank Asil fr your kindness in the donation - much much appreciated, now i can buy moe coffee to stay up late and do more designs

Just kidding, will go towards spare parts etc, its great to get rewards, i guess the hard work does pay off!!

Thanks again- i feel all fuzzy now " well special"
Old 03-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #4912
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
D , man, made me go look at my torque wrench dude !
like mine just goes up to that `120lb lol we talking about a 1/3 rd scale servo here ? good you corrected yourself man, before i did
talk soon D hope you found your buggy amongst all your stuff man. or have you already ordered the TM buggy ?
Wow, I sure am glad that I caught my mistake and NO ONE gave me any shit. Thanks for checking your torque wrench dude. My Snap On torque wrench goes to 300 lbs bro. But I must say that 120 ft/lbs out of a little servo would be pretty sweet. I have been doing some research on the Helios bro. Some killa stuff as Frankie would say. Oh yeah, Frankie...dude if you are reading this...my name is spelled like S-E-R-P-E-N-T-D. Did you catch that last "E" in there? Just a heads up bro. Buggy...mmmmmm. I must say I love 1/8 scale buggy. Talk about total brutal power and grunt! No I haven't ordered the TM buggy..yet and I have an insane engine already to go into whatever I do get. Not that I need another buggy, but I sure do want one. The week is still young, yes. Well guys, talk at you soon. Have great evening as I am soon off to work! Later.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #4913
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

Quote:
Just want to thank Asil fr your kindness in the donation - much much appreciated, now i can buy moe coffee to stay up late and do more designs

Just kidding, will go towards spare parts etc, its great to get rewards, i guess the hard work does pay off!!

Thanks again- i feel all fuzzy now " well special"
Frankie, just keep up your good work

Asil
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #4914
Tech Elite

Quote:
Wow, I sure am glad that I caught my mistake and NO ONE gave me any shit. Thanks for checking your torque wrench dude. My Snap On torque wrench goes to 300 lbs bro. But I must say that 120 ft/lbs out of a little servo would be pretty sweet. I have been doing some research on the Helios bro. Some killa stuff as Frankie would say. Oh yeah, Frankie...dude if you are reading this...my name is spelled like S-E-R-P-E-N-T-D. Did you catch that last "E" in there? Just a heads up bro. Buggy...mmmmmm. I must say I love 1/8 scale buggy. Talk about total brutal power and grunt! No I haven't ordered the TM buggy..yet and I have an insane engine already to go into whatever I do get. Not that I need another buggy, but I sure do want one. The week is still young, yes. Well guys, talk at you soon. Have great evening as I am soon off to work! Later.

Sorry D, i have fixed the error on the blog - gotta remember to spell and cross check things LOL

Buggy hey get a TM M1-B they look really agressive
Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #4915
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Sorry D, i have fixed the error on the blog - gotta remember to spell and cross check things LOL

Buggy hey get a TM M1-B they look really agressive
Oh dude, I was just givin you a hard time bro. No worries whatsoever! You know me bro, I don't trip on shit other then someone messing with me or my bro's. I can then get pretty defensive. But other then that I am 100% layed back as yourself. Dude, I was meaning to tell you also about your belts missing a few teeth. Dude, you NEED to replace those immediately. You never want to run with missing teeth. My guess is that it happened when you were running in the parking lot breaking in your engine. Always check the pulleys also for small pebbles that can get lodged inbetween the teeth. If you catch them soon enough you can save a belt. These items are super high priority as far as inspection goes after EVERY run. If you ever do loose a front belt durring a race whether it's stripping a lot of the teeth or even all of them, or even having it brake away and fall off, I will have my pit guy remove the side belt and continue the race in 2wd. Just a little tip for a rare but occasional situation. I don't know if this is as much of an issue with the sedans as it is with the 1/8th scale. The .21's have quite a bit more power then the sedans. But just incase. OK guys, I am now off to work I suppose. I really should stay home and work on rc. but then again my work lets me afford my rc. Hmmm, such the battle of decisions. Later!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #4916
Tech Elite

Quote:
Oh dude, I was just givin you a hard time bro. No worries whatsoever! You know me bro, I don't trip on shit other then someone messing with me or my bro's. I can then get pretty defensive. But other then that I am 100% layed back as yourself. Dude, I was meaning to tell you also about your belts missing a few teeth. Dude, you NEED to replace those immediately. You never want to run with missing teeth. My guess is that it happened when you were running in the parking lot breaking in your engine. Always check the pulleys also for small pebbles that can get lodged inbetween the teeth. If you catch them soon enough you can save a belt. These items are super high priority as far as inspection goes after EVERY run. If you ever do loose a front belt durring a race whether it's stripping a lot of the teeth or even all of them, or even having it brake away and fall off, I will have my pit guy remove the side belt and continue the race in 2wd. Just a little tip for a rare but occasional situation. I don't know if this is as much of an issue with the sedans as it is with the 1/8th scale. The .21's have quite a bit more power then the sedans. But just incase. OK guys, I am now off to work I suppose. I really should stay home and work on rc. but then again my work lets me afford my rc. Hmmm, such the battle of decisions. Later!

yeah man, all sweet, on the spell check LOL - i am kool, your kool hell we are all kool!!!

As for the belts, got all my new K-Facotry belts in now, brand new, and all serviced LOL - feels good to have new parts in car, the test day is going to be interesting, i can tell you guys the car feels rather solid now since with the new chasis, speed bulk front and carbon bumper support!!!

i wonder how this will make the car handle, only 5 days to go till prac, and 6 days till race day!!!

got a few things to do till then re-oil diff as the ED trans has new rear end gears, if i cant find 10000 oil for dif whats another option?

besides that, ill post more pics tommorrow, its like 2am here in Adelaide and bed is calling!

Thanks for everyone contributing ideas etc etc - Night Crew
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #4917
Tech Elite

night guys, enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-kfactory-024.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-025.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-029.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-032.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-037.jpg  

Old 03-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #4918
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

i will have some pics once my car comes in and I start building it
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 AM   #4919
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

Quote:
Hey Guys,

where can I get those aluminum posts you have for the bumper? I broke my old ones off the mongoose one day at the track and I dont wanna repeat that.

also what does the ED tranny and Mugen arms improve?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #4920
Tech Adept

The Build Cont.

engine justed mocked up into position, waiting for a few more parts to come in like the steering servo, clutch adjustment tool etc.
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote