Team Magic G4

Old 03-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

well nitrobeast the car that i have its a moongose and it needs a special battery but i didnt want to order it, you know how it is when you get a new toy you just want to play with it, so i mod a flat pack and moved the receiver to the transponder mount.

im going to put the pins on the oneway and see if it helps.thanks!

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Sorry i cant help with your problem. I do have a question for you. I noticed you mounted your receiver on the transponder mount. Did you do that for a reason?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Nice pic Thought we were the only ones with bad ass lightning storms.

Lucky for us were coming out of the rainy season although inland we could use more rain.
I'n the south west side of Sydney we had a good sized storm that flooded a carpark and washed 8 cars down the hill
One guy was also unfortunate to be struck by a lightning bolt
Along with blackouts and heaps of rain all in the space of 15 minutes or so , i think that makes the (" bad ass storm") list too!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchy b
I'n the south west side of Sydney we had a good sized storm that flooded a carpark and washed 8 cars down the hill
One guy was also unfortunate to be struck by a lightning bolt
Along with blackouts and heaps of rain all in the space of 15 minutes or so , i think that makes the (" bad ass storm") list too!
thats badd ass as well as FREAKISH storm man . used to happen when i lived in adelaide when i was a little tacker not so here in Perth now but we have our freakish storms here as well.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo523
A guys can yall help me with my problem like i said in my other post my car goes strait we its going slow but at soon as i hit the gas my car starts to push to one side,What can the problem be?

Check your out drives for notches. When they wear, they capture the dog bone under acceleration, inturn binding up the suspension while on the throttle. I had this problem with my last car and it caused me no end of grief i hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

New Paint scheme i am working on.... slowly its getting there the black is laid down, next is the awesome colour Cherry Red "PINK"

enjoy the pics guys: PS. i bought some flame mask and its been pretty good so far as this is a rattle can job!!!

BTW - me no pro but its fun seeing the results ill give it a few hours for the black to set then ill get the Cherry Red "Pink Metallic" as final colour with a bit of white to enhance the Pink!!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-mazda-200mm-003.jpg   Team Magic G4-mazda-200mm-006.jpg   Team Magic G4-mazda-200mm-010.jpg   Team Magic G4-mazda-200mm-011.jpg   Team Magic G4-mazda-200mm-013.jpg  

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 03-02-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
New Paint scheme i am working on.... slowly its getting there the black is laid down, next is the awesome colour Cherry Red "PINK"

enjoy the pics guys: PS. i bought some flame mask and its been pretty good so far as this is a rattle can job!!!

BTW - me no pro but its fun seeing the results ill give it a few hours for the black to set then ill get the Cherry Red "Pink Metallic" as final colour with a bit of white to enhance the Pink!!!
Sweet bro! I'm glad to see it more then 1 (ONE) color!!! I think you should do a very simple fade with the pink and white. Have the flames pinkfading lighter towards the front of the car and then do your white. This way you get a cool fade and backit with white all at the same time. You would need to spray the pink first of coarse and start at the tips of the flames. hold the can about 8 inches away when doing the tips of the flames and then as you move forward, pull the can about 12 inches from the "middle of the flames to get more of a lighter mist. Repeat this at least 3+ light coats adjusting your fade forward to the part that you want the white to start. I always love to have the front of the car lighter and slowly fade back into the darker or more colorful colors. Just a thought. The fade will give your flames 3 colors by doing this bro. White into the light pink fade on to the pure bright pink. doesn't take any more time to do this while your at it. Just a suggestion though. I do understand Frankie that you want your pink to REALLY stand out. This will give the flames a lot more character. If you go for the all pink flames you won't hurt my feelings. Is this body for you or Patto??
Good luck dude, and will chat at you soon. By the way, thankyou for the tip on the diffs! Plus the other bro's on here that helped as well. I appreciate it very much. Later!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, I might be wrong, but I disagree about the droop setting being altered if you change your ride height. I say I might be wrong because I am so use to setting up 1:8 scale. But this is how I see it. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

First I set my droop with the downstop screws (shocks and sway bar off).

Then I attach the sway bars and make sure the droop is equal on both sides.

After that I attach the shocks and then adjust the spring collars to obtain my ride height. I adjust accordingly to the size of tires and the lenght of the race. You want to set up a higher ride height to compensate for tire wear in 20 and 45 minute mains. To lower the ride height you loosen the shock collars and do the opposite of tightening the spring collars to increase the ride height. I adjust the ride height with the tires trued and on the car ready to go.

So by just changing your spring pre load, you are not affecting your droop at all. Plus the size of your tires have nothing to do with droop. If you are changing your ride height by adjusting the downstop screw, you are doing it wrong. You only adjust your downstop screw to change your droop, nothing more.

After I get everything set as far as alignment, I check my tweak last. You need to adjust the shock collars slightly in a criss cross fasion to make sure each tire is pushing on the ground with equal force to obtain a perfect tweak. You shouldn't need to adjust the collars too much as to where it effects your ride height. If you do then you have problems somewhere else in the suspension. I can elaberate on tweak in more detail if anyone is interested.

So this is how I do it. Again, if I am wrong please enlighten me, because as I said before that all my experience is with 1:8th scale. But they seem to have the same basic idea for set up.
Hey Serpentd.....
thanks for posting the Mugan spring rates. I asked some time ago if anyone had them as I see one or two people using them, not least Dario in his set-up he used at the worlds.

Droop.............. I'm kind of hoping you have found the posts myself and afm posted some time back as these explained out the reasons for droop being effected by ride hight.

Set-up can be such a complex thing and very hard to explain sometimes, especially in words alone.
I do understand what you are saying especially pointing out about the down-stop screws. Sure, once set, how can these change unless you put a wrench on them. It's not the physical stop which changes. When you set droop, you are setting a relationship betwean the bottom wishbones at full droop and their position at the ride hight you set.

Droop being the amount the suspension drops from ride hight to full droop, if you then change the ride hight, this amount that the suspension drops before it hits the down stops is also altered. You have not changed where the wishbones actually end up at full droop, its the amount of travel ( the amount the suspension had to 'droop') before hitting this stop which can be altered by adjusting ride hight.
I'm not always the best at explaining myself.
I hope I have done a reasonable job here....

Regards and always respect,
Menace
Old 03-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Sweet bro! I'm glad to see it more then 1 (ONE) color!!! I think you should do a very simple fade with the pink and white. Have the flames pinkfading lighter towards the front of the car and then do your white. This way you get a cool fade and backit with white all at the same time. You would need to spray the pink first of coarse and start at the tips of the flames. hold the can about 8 inches away when doing the tips of the flames and then as you move forward, pull the can about 12 inches from the "middle of the flames to get more of a lighter mist. Repeat this at least 3+ light coats adjusting your fade forward to the part that you want the white to start. I always love to have the front of the car lighter and slowly fade back into the darker or more colorful colors. Just a thought. The fade will give your flames 3 colors by doing this bro. White into the light pink fade on to the pure bright pink. doesn't take any more time to do this while your at it. Just a suggestion though. I do understand Frankie that you want your pink to REALLY stand out. This will give the flames a lot more character. If you go for the all pink flames you won't hurt my feelings. Is this body for you or Patto??
Good luck dude, and will chat at you soon. By the way, thankyou for the tip on the diffs! Plus the other bro's on here that helped as well. I appreciate it very much. Later!

Hey D this ones for ME, LOL um as for the PINK, just doing two colours as the can jobby is bit to hard to get control - I am sorry but what you spoke about does make cool sense but this time round ill just try the 2 Colour

Just want it Agressive on the front, and bright!!!

Got some new front light that i am designing, but will print them out on Monday!!!

full new look for new parts, so yeah litle excitted!!!

BTW - found the colour schem online, and showed patto and he approved to my cherry pink!!! HHAHAHAHH - i can see the skirt arriving in the mail

ill post more pics once done, so stay tuned
Old 03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Oh.....by the way. Just awsome paint jobs everyone!!

I don't think I want to post a pic of mine......when I can.
I think pps will probably laugh..

Menace
Old 03-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Oh.....by the way. Just awsome paint jobs everyone!!

I don't think I want to post a pic of mine......when I can.
I think pps will probably laugh..

Menace

oi menace - i just trying some new things from my LHS and this $12 decal mask sheet has given me light to cheat on a quick design!!!

yeah its flames, yeah its simple, thou its what i want - NEW colour, new LOOK and most overal Presentation!!!

Hey we wont laugh at urs, shit we all gotta start somewhere and i am no expert!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Magic-G4-S-...QQcmdZViewItem

There ya go Team Magic G4s for $290

thats the exact model right? I didnt read over anything did I? thats IB (New in Box) as well
Old 03-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

I guess I know you wouldn't all laugh really. It's just that I think I burnt myself out on painting a while ago. Spending hours and hours over paint jobs others would take 1/4 of the time to do.
When I really just wanted to race...............although I did so enjoy the results!

I nead to get my a*%$ in gear and do a good one though as I nead one like yesterday........................... sorry Sam. I haven't painted one yet
Will get right on it.

Menace
Old 03-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Guys,

WOW man its Bright PINK - lol looks pretty cool, few little bleeds here and there but from a distant on the track "She no Worries"

All know is cut, decal up and then race!!!

More pics later once cut and decaled up

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-img_2004.jpg   Team Magic G4-img_2007.jpg  
Old 03-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey Guys,

WOW man its Bright PINK - lol looks pretty cool, few little bleeds here and there but from a distant on the track "She no Worries"

All know is cut, decal up and then race!!!

More pics later once cut and decaled up

Enjoy
Cool frankie looking good mate
Hey guys here are some of my shells.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-my-ride-.jpg   Team Magic G4-imgp0011.jpg   Team Magic G4-imgp0006.jpg   Team Magic G4-imgp0007.jpg  
Old 03-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Magic-G4-S-...QQcmdZViewItem

There ya go Team Magic G4s for $290

thats the exact model right? I didnt read over anything did I? thats IB (New in Box) as well
Great deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.