Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
G4s for $302 shipped? Got a site? I'll buy another one for that price.
for me the choice is the G4S...i got nothing against Mugen but i'd rather have G4S...but your choice Good Luck!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SacWolf
for me the choice is the G4S...i got nothing against Mugen but i'd rather have G4S...but your choice Good Luck!
Dude?? Nitrobeast does race G4S. Where do you get Mugen from this quote? He wanted to buy another G4S if he could find it that cheap. I don't blame him.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
best person to speak to is pattojnr, swing him a PM he is a local on this thread and has used them so far, he said there very good, thou are a taller tire but great grip, i will be ordering some in a few weeks!!!

You can only try to see what its like on your track, but i am keen to try anything as would be good to see the differance!!

Cheers
Thanks
Old 03-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by British Menace
Yep. Thats right mate.
There are some who are measuring droop slightly differently...........

Don't forget Paul. Your droop setting is also altered if you change your ride hight setting.
Once your happy with the droop setting you have found................ make sure you take note of your ride hight and tire size at the same time.

Menace
Dude, I might be wrong, but I disagree about the droop setting being altered if you change your ride height. I say I might be wrong because I am so use to setting up 1:8 scale. But this is how I see it. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

First I set my droop with the downstop screws (shocks and sway bar off).

Then I attach the sway bars and make sure the droop is equal on both sides.

After that I attach the shocks and then adjust the spring collars to obtain my ride height. I adjust accordingly to the size of tires and the lenght of the race. You want to set up a higher ride height to compensate for tire wear in 20 and 45 minute mains. To lower the ride height you loosen the shock collars and do the opposite of tightening the spring collars to increase the ride height. I adjust the ride height with the tires trued and on the car ready to go.

So by just changing your spring pre load, you are not affecting your droop at all. Plus the size of your tires have nothing to do with droop. If you are changing your ride height by adjusting the downstop screw, you are doing it wrong. You only adjust your downstop screw to change your droop, nothing more.

After I get everything set as far as alignment, I check my tweak last. You need to adjust the shock collars slightly in a criss cross fasion to make sure each tire is pushing on the ground with equal force to obtain a perfect tweak. You shouldn't need to adjust the collars too much as to where it effects your ride height. If you do then you have problems somewhere else in the suspension. I can elaberate on tweak in more detail if anyone is interested.

So this is how I do it. Again, if I am wrong please enlighten me, because as I said before that all my experience is with 1:8th scale. But they seem to have the same basic idea for set up.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey everyone. I am noticing that my diffs are leaking. I might have rushed a bit when I screwed the diff halves together. Maybe they just need to be tighter because I know how careful I can be to not overtighten and strip stuff.

But does anyone have advise in how to prevent the leaking? I run 50K front and 30K rear at the moment and both are leaking. So it's not like I'm rrunning any super thin stuff. And even if I was to use 10K or something, I still don't think they should lead at all. Thanks guys for any input!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

where is it leaking from ??
The gasket area ?

Mine did that but after a while I just nicked it a little bit tighter and it was OK.

I noticed that it happens after I rebuild my diffs too.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

on the droop ride height question ,AFM posted a while back a good explanation.Will see if I can find it .
Old 03-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry guys, I can't remember who requested the spring rate chart for Mugen springs. Anyway here is a link to a very thoural spring chart. I hope this helps.
http://www.nitrokb.com/vonerrr/images2/springrate1.jpg
Old 03-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
where is it leaking from ??
The gasket area ?

Mine did that but after a while I just nicked it a little bit tighter and it was OK.

I noticed that it happens after I rebuild my diffs too.
Yes bro, it is leaking at the gasket area. I'm bumed but I'm sure I can get this problem turned around. Thank you razzor!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
on the droop ride height question ,AFM posted a while back a good explanation.Will see if I can find it .
Dude, I sort of recall AFM's post not too far back as well. I will search it out also. I appreciate your help my friend. So razzor...do I seem to be off on my way of thinking here, or did I confuse you? Just your personal opinion. Talk soon dude and thanks again.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mdelosrey
Hello g4s'ers

First order of business, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been lurking this thread ever since SerpentD convinced me to get my Impulse back together. I got that running and it has been really gratifying. Last Christmas my girlfriend bought me G4S RTR. I am very pleased with the car so far. I plan on getting a G4S kit soon as I want to use the rtr as a parts car. I am very impressed by everyone's G4S' on this thread. Here is the Impulse by the way, Its still running the Mega .12. and am looking for a radio to replace the AM futaba it temporarily uses. Any inputs on that would be great. So far I am leaning towards the Helios. Anyway thats all. Hello everyone and hopefully I can contribute one day.

Dude, where are you. I haven't seen you on for awhile and wanted to check in with you about some stuff I promised to you. I also tried your links above but it said site forbiden or some crap. Let us know how you are doing my friend. Talk soon I hope. Later.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
here some more pic did the camber link mod with the mugen links
and the shockends

I've been using the mugen links for about 10 months now on my G4s and mongoose cuz I find it operate much smoother than the stock links. I'm also using the same links for the steering knuckls and steering rack.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Default mongoose for sale cheap

Originally Posted by dnitro
I've been using the mugen links for about 10 months now on my G4s and mongoose cuz I find it operate much smoother than the stock links. I'm also using the same links for the steering knuckls and steering rack.
I have a mongoose for sale cheap if interested PM me
Old 03-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Hey everyone. I am noticing that my diffs are leaking. I might have rushed a bit when I screwed the diff halves together. Maybe they just need to be tighter because I know how careful I can be to not overtighten and strip stuff.

But does anyone have advise in how to prevent the leaking? I run 50K front and 30K rear at the moment and both are leaking. So it's not like I'm rrunning any super thin stuff. And even if I was to use 10K or something, I still don't think they should lead at all. Thanks guys for any input!

perfectly normal, as mine leaked twice aswell, thou i did place some thread lock on the gasket and then tighten. after a few runs the leak is gone, might just be when you instal the first time, you can red-o thou is it like little oil coming out, might be just the overflow amount push out due to the amount in there!!

Keep it monitored and Bud "GOOD LUCK SUNDAY" just bring it home bud and nice smooth lines- this weekend its all about getting some miles on the car!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:05 PM

a thin layer of silicone sealant on to the gasket solves the problem then you put two diff halves together...

Asil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.