R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2007, 06:24 AM   #4606
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
Serpentd, as a fellow back sufferer, maybe do some research into these new replacement disks. My ortho is giving them a big thumbs up. A dude I know has had it done in his neck and he is singing the praises. Sorry to be off topic in the forum.
Dude, I have heard a little about these, though not much. Mostly on my own research, but minimal at that. That''s great news though. I appreciate the heads up. I'm probably following in my mothers foot steps with degenerative disc disease. Though it's not been confirmed. Either way I appreciate you throwing that out there. An off topic thing isn't always frowned at, It's still very helpful info to some. Thanks man.
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:27 AM   #4607
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Are you for real? You must be kidding.

I haven't been trying to make anyone feel bad. Every time I posted something I was told I was 100% wrong, it was all nonsense, and a myriad of other remarks that I have had to endure, and then you think I'm the one that is dishing it out? You need to have another read based on another point of view.

As for calling me childish, how about going back and reading your carry on about the tiny dent in your pipe? I ran a pipe like that for a year without a drama. If you don't know that damage can happen when racing, then you're in for a surprise. You're the last person that should be lecturing about childish behaviour.

I learnt a long time ago that the internet is full of keyboard warriors that act the goat and then behave differently to your face.

I have certainly not been putting the kybosh on the sharing of ideas, in fact I have had to battle hard to have a voice to share my own experiences with the forum. As for being a black sheep, you are obviously calling me that because I'm not part of your little 'gang' or 'crew' or whatever you've got going on. I could care less. Your opinion of me means very little, since you don't actually know me.

I could point out more and more of your comments towards me in trying to protect your friends, like the wedding day comment, but this forum is supposed to be about the car. If you want to shoot me down then I'll keep getting back up. Last I checked, you're not the boss of the forums.

So build yourself a bridge and get over it.
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:27 AM   #4608
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimirsa
Dude, i hope you have laid down the ground rules for RC very clearly before that ring goes on!
I know I did. She knows Sundays or race day and Monday- Saturday is repair days...
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:50 AM   #4609
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
Are you for real? You must be kidding.

I haven't been trying to make anyone feel bad. Every time I posted something I was told I was 100% wrong, it was all nonsense, and a myriad of other remarks that I have had to endure, and then you think I'm the one that is dishing it out? You need to have another read based on another point of view.

As for calling me childish, how about going back and reading your carry on about the tiny dent in your pipe? I ran a pipe like that for a year without a drama. If you don't know that damage can happen when racing, then you're in for a surprise. You're the last person that should be lecturing about childish behaviour.

I learnt a long time ago that the internet is full of keyboard warriors that act the goat and then behave differently to your face.

I have certainly not been putting the kybosh on the sharing of ideas, in fact I have had to battle hard to have a voice to share my own experiences with the forum. As for being a black sheep, you are obviously calling me that because I'm not part of your little 'gang' or 'crew' or whatever you've got going on. I could care less. Your opinion of me means very little, since you don't actually know me.

I could point out more and more of your comments towards me in trying to protect your friends, like the wedding day comment, but this forum is supposed to be about the car. If you want to shoot me down then I'll keep getting back up. Last I checked, you're not the boss of the forums.

So build yourself a bridge and get over it.

Hey Zoom Zoom,

the bridge i have contributed is already built - anyway's the matter is you can go find points like the dent in my pipe "keep in mind this guy doesnt respect other" there is a differance in that!!!

if i thought it was to look pretty out there and not damage my car then i wouldnt be doing this, id go back to drifttin my RC where ya shit gets always banged up!!!

My point is punks like you id luv to meet, you should have seen me when i got pushed off the track from a stupid idiot with no idea how to pass correctly!!

Now if you want to see fair racing id suggest you visit http://3hobby.net/ and go to the downloads section!!!

Go check out the sportsman ship racing in the worlds finals and other mains - i was overly impressed when you push others off you wait up and let through!!! the point of the matter is not me its you!!

Yes we all can point fingers at you is bad, nor am i the boss here, i just have a mouth to stand up and say shit in a manner not to harm but to take notice for future!!

i really dont care what you think of me, i really just a rookie that enjoys his sport with a major lot of respect on field and off field, for the ones that are just a bad sort we get them everywhere - even on here!

Look at it as a idea, a jester of helping your fellow racers that you race with, i know the spirit down here in Adelaide is very good, all the top runners help us punks out that are getting to the best abbilities the best thing we have here is RESPECT with not the racing, but how we race aswell!

forums, are evil and i told myself not to get heavly invovled as this would happen and id step in to say a few things, on the behalf of others!

Best advice i can offer, you can take it or not is if you got nothing better to say then dont say simple as that, yeas i have flamed a few times, but looking at most of my posts in the history box, i think i am doing rather well in the respect department, even thou we have a bad seed in our group, but hell he is 16 years of age and your like how old?

Peace Out man - you seem lke a good person with only a few shades of grey here and there, just dont let the EGO get to you as it does to most!! I think its awesome that a g4s like yaself and patto are bloody doing good and wish the year to be there at 1 & 2 - it really comes down to the best driver on the day at each meet!


Good Luck racing - and remebr keep on smilling its funny how it rubs on other people

Night All
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:02 AM   #4610
Tech Adept
 
g4-racing.de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ratingen/Germany
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
Hi Marc, I see those flyweights are for the old clutch, and not the UFO. I'm not sure if the shoe might fit though?

I have bought the team orion update set for use with the CRF engine and they have a pad in that set. I'll report back on that one at a later date since I won't be racing this weekend due to getting married
God luck from me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And i hope you have a good Time!!!!!

Marc
__________________
KM-racing H-K1/Novarossi/AXE-Rossi Engines/Robitronic germany
g4-racing.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #4611
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
My boat floats pretty well actually.

Whatever your problem is, it's not going to become my problem.

Months ago, I had a concern about certain things. I guess I don't have to wonder any longer....
Well, i was gonna let this slide as there is no quote from who its aimed for.
but i do know its aimed at me. when i say whatever floats your boat, i mean hey what ever you do works for you, so why change what you do. you have said plenty to me , about me, and it is most times personal. so here it is. you have much to learn when you have kids. it is hard to keep things going make sure everyone has what they need and still be able to have fun. it is a struggle to raise kids, but you dont have them yet. so when i buy stuff just to keep myself racing , may not be the best stuff, but it keeps me on the track doing what i love best. when you say why did you get that ? in the end its always , i tried it its shit. so when you say things like this it really bugs me and we both know we dont get on. why is this, mainly things you say to me, about me ! so after a final when i have gone the quickest i have for a long time, and just .02 off your fastest lap, you have the nerve to say my car looked like shit. i always congratulate you for your driving, but it stops there. so now i say, what ever floats your boat, do enjoy it while it lasts. might not be me that takes YOuR TQ or takes YOUR win , but some one will do it , and just a matter of time. so i prepared something for you, for when the seas get rough and the boat dont float too good anymore. a bit of fun but you enjoy it as you are a fun guy, at others expense at most times. do wear them and hope you dont need them.

__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #4612
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Marc.

And Kodak, you might like to think you know everything, but if you ask someone in your little gang who was the only person that gave them the time of day at the track, loaned them parts (still haven't got a front belt back from last year yet), helped on setup, given them first option when good cars have come up for sale, etc etc. Hell, I even used to pit for them. Now tell me where I went wrong? Ya clown.

Now I know you're a newb, and you think that because you have some internet skills to make a blog, that you know it all. Go back to greasing up your hing pins. You say someone is a bad egg because they are 16 and can't drive. Well what have you done to rectify the situation?

I yelled out some encouragement to a 9 year old club racer last year, and someone from here thought I was having a dig at them, talk about thinking they are the centre of attention or they have some serious issues. Sometimes, there is only one meaning to things and there is no reading between the lines. Sometimes you need to be sure you have all the sides to a story before you go shooting your mouth off.

You got one thing right though, I can't wait to meet you

As for this thread, I'll go back to making car related comments only. You can try and have the last word again like so many kids these days, I care not. I certainly won't be lowering myself to your level to argue any more - you'll only beat me with experience at that level.

Later.
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #4613
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Well, i was gonna let this slide as there is no quote from who its aimed for.
but i do know its aimed at me. when i say whatever floats your boat, i mean hey what ever you do works for you, so why change what you do. you have said plenty to me , about me, and it is most times personal. so here it is. you have much to learn when you have kids. it is hard to keep things going make sure everyone has what they need and still be able to have fun. it is a struggle to raise kids, but you dont have them yet. so when i buy stuff just to keep myself racing , may not be the best stuff, but it keeps me on the track doing what i love best. when you say why did you get that ? in the end its always , i tried it its shit. so when you say things like this it really bugs me and we both know we dont get on. why is this, mainly things you say to me, about me ! so after a final when i have gone the quickest i have for a long time, and just .02 off your fastest lap, you have the nerve to say my car looked like shit. i always congratulate you for your driving, but it stops there. so now i say, what ever floats your boat, do enjoy it while it lasts. might not be me that takes YOuR TQ or takes YOUR win , but some one will do it , and just a matter of time. so i prepared something for you, for when the seas get rough and the boat dont float too good anymore. a bit of fun but you enjoy it as you are a fun guy, at others expense at most times. do wear them and hope you dont need them.


- GOLD
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #4614
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
Thanks Marc.

And Kodak, you might like to think you know everything, but if you ask someone in your little gang who was the only person that gave them the time of day at the track, loaned them parts (still haven't got a front belt back from last year yet), helped on setup, given them first option when good cars have come up for sale, etc etc. Hell, I even used to pit for them. Now tell me where I went wrong? Ya clown.

Now I know you're a newb, and you think that because you have some internet skills to make a blog, that you know it all. Go back to greasing up your hing pins. You say someone is a bad egg because they are 16 and can't drive. Well what have you done to rectify the situation?

I yelled out some encouragement to a 9 year old club racer last year, and someone from here thought I was having a dig at them, talk about thinking they are the centre of attention or they have some serious issues. Sometimes, there is only one meaning to things and there is no reading between the lines. Sometimes you need to be sure you have all the sides to a story before you go shooting your mouth off.

You got one thing right though, I can't wait to meet you

As for this thread, I'll go back to making car related comments only. You can try and have the last word again like so many kids these days, I care not. I certainly won't be lowering myself to your level to argue any more - you'll only beat me with experience at that level.

Later.

sounds like your a natural BULLEY - anyways i am over it man! i have said my bit! come down to the state tittles in Adelaide, or dont you do travel?

Anyways the rookie i am and the skills i have well its lucky i do as its made this fourm colourful, and most of all enjoyable for all G4S community to share positive ideas!!

There is nothing wrong asking questions before the action is taken "Now RUN along" Oi and remeber keep smilling
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #4615
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Ah Patto, as ever, you want to play the victim. I can't remember the last time I told you your car looked shit. I think it has been a while since I enquired about some part you bought. You have all the latest accessories that I could never hope to be able to afford to purchase, so there is no way I would be telling you it's crap - because I haven't tried it. I think the last time was about the collari motor and I told you my experience. You got the motor anyway, not my problem.

You think we don't get along because you think every time I speak i am aiming it at you - it's just not true.

As for the racing, from my point of view, the quicker the field gets the better it is. That's why I've always tried to help you along the way since you use the same products and all. I don't hide anything from anyone and I always give an honest answer if asked something.

And as you know, at the last round, Ash was quicker than I was in qualifying. His fastest lap time was quicker than mine too. If he didn't have issues with traffic early on I'm sure it would have been a different result. All this does is make me try harder, no bitch and moan and lecture people about children or anything else of the sort. I am actually fairly offended that you of all people take it upon yourself to try and make things difficult. This is certainly not how you act at the track. If you just be nice at the track for the sake of it, then fine, I'll steer well clear of you. I had hoped we would be working together to get the results for the car. Have it your way I guess. Can't force you to be friendly.

So anyway, you've drawn me in to making non car related comments. So this is really truly the last one and if you want to discuss it further then do it by PM or call me if you like - you've got my number!
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #4616
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
sounds like your a natural BULLEY - anyways i am over it man! i have said my bit! come down to the state tittles in Adelaide, or dont you do travel?

Anyways the rookie i am and the skills i have well its lucky i do as its made this fourm colourful, and most of all enjoyable for all G4S community to share positive ideas!!

There is nothing wrong asking questions before the action is taken "Now RUN along" Oi and remeber keep smilling
That's gold - you tell me that you want to meet me some day - and then you call me a bully! Classic.

I don't travel due to funds, not fear Should the funds become available though
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #4617
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
That's gold - you tell me that you want to meet me some day - and then you call me a bully! Classic.

I don't travel due to funds, not fear Should the funds become available though

no threat there, just better in person tounderstand a person!!! i bet your just a big old softy

Anyways good luck this weekend, its really a special day for you!!! Enjoy it man!

I hope you work stuff out over in Perth, i think both you and patto can become awesome driveers together with positive comments!

keep your ideas coming there always interesting to hear! and this is towrads car related issues you seem to have a good balance in your car that works for G4S!

Peace Man
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #4618
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default



looking on racedays website, i think the front arms have the part i am looking for to fix my rear sway bar holder for the mean time!!

there plastic and i just want to know is the sway bar holder the same FRONT & Rear?

Currently i am at work - so i can see if there the same can some one check for me please!!!

Cheers Guys
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #4619
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak


looking on racedays website, i think the front arms have the part i am looking for to fix my rear sway bar holder for the mean time!!

there plastic and i just want to know is the sway bar holder the same FRONT & Rear?

Currently i am at work - so i can see if there the same can some one check for me please!!!

Cheers Guys
Olah my down under bro! Well dude, I am looking at these parts as I type. These parts appear to be different. They are different on the car even though they are aluminum. And they have different part numbers (Aluminum) in the manual. The main difference I notice is the holes where the hinge pin goes through and the other hole where the plastic adjusters go are spread further apart. So I don't think that the front will work for the rear. That doesn't meant that they don't make plastic rears though. But if you haven't found them yet, then maybe they don't. Let me do a little research since I have quit a few different brands and maybe we can find something else in the mean time. If you were to order the plastic ones from Raceday, why not just get the aluminum? I'll keep you updated bro. Chat soon dude. Later
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #4620
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Olah my down under bro! Well dude, I am looking at these parts as I type. These parts appear to be different. They are different on the car even though they are aluminum. And they have different part numbers (Aluminum) in the manual. The main difference I notice is the holes where the hinge pin goes through and the other hole where the plastic adjusters go are spread further apart. So I don't think that the front will work for the rear. That doesn't meant that they don't make plastic rears though. But if you haven't found them yet, then maybe they don't. Let me do a little research since I have quit a few different brands and maybe we can find something else in the mean time. If you were to order the plastic ones from Raceday, why not just get the aluminum? I'll keep you updated bro. Chat soon dude. Later

cheers D, got the grub screw out finally here at work, LOL sily bugger me but will need to re-tap a new hole so i can use until new product arrives!!!

i wonder if we cn buy this product seperatly on its own, or does we need to buy the whole lot again!!!

Anyways, its out and in the process of making it look like the other side with an external screw!!!!


now hows the painting go man? keep us all posted
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net