R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #4576
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
Yeah, you can see how well I laid down the rules - we're getting married on a race day!! I tell ya I made it quite clear I didn't think it was appropriate but she didn't change her mind.

The wedding isn't until 5pm, so if I could be confident that racing would finish by 3.30pm then I would race. I'll probably still attend and lend a hand if I can though.
DUDE, CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!

That is killer bro. A little advice, DO NOT go to the track on Sunday. You need to start this wedding of right. I admire your racing ambition, but you NEED to find this all new balance with your girl. A womens wedding day is one of the most important days in THERE life and you need to respect that. You have the rest of your life to go to the track. You only have ONE Wedding day. Well lets hope so anyway. If you go to the track you may not even have that.

My first wife more or less left me because of this hobby that I also explained to her how very important was to me. Plus the dumb bitch new I raced and painted and worked on my cars non stop from the day we met. JESUS!!

Anyway, this is very real bro. My ex was on the psycho side yes. But marriage can change some women. NOT ALL, but some. My ex obviously didn't truly love me because of her decisions to not comprimise things, as I did cut back my rc to only 6 days a week. I did get married last year (6 years after divorce) to the most incredible woman on the face of this earth. I am trully lucky and very blessed because she supports my rc and all my other hobbies as well. All I'm trying to say is marriage and all relationships are a comprimise to a point. And you need to comprimise this Sunday, your wedding day for her. Remember, you get to live with her the rest of your life, not your race buddies. I would hate to have her resent your hobby the first day of matrimony bro.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your marriage bro. Make each other happy and always be there for each other. Do all this and you will get more RC gifts on your B-Day and Christmas!!!! Good luck ZOOM!!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #4577
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd

That is killer bro. A little advice, DO NOT go to the track on Sunday. You need to start this wedding of right. I admire your racing ambition, but you NEED to find this all new balance with your girl. A womens wedding day is one of the most important days in THERE life and you need to respect that. You have the rest of your life to go to the track. You only have ONE Wedding day. Well lets hope so anyway. If you go to the track you may not even have that.

My first wife more or less left me because of this hobby that I also explained to her how very important was to me. Plus the dumb bitch new I raced and painted and worked on my cars non stop from the day we met. JESUS!!

Anyway, this is very real bro. My ex was on the psycho side yes. But marriage can change some women. NOT ALL, but some. My ex obviously didn't truly love me because of her decisions to not comprimise things, as I did cut back my rc to only 6 days a week. I did get married last year (6 years after divorce) to the most incredible woman on the face of this earth. I am trully lucky and very blessed because she supports my rc and all my other hobbies as well. All I'm trying to say is marriage and all relationships are a comprimise to a point. And you need to comprimise this Sunday, your wedding day for her. Remember, you get to live with her the rest of your life, not your race buddies. I would hate to have her resent your hobby the first day of matrimony bro.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your marriage bro. Make each other happy and always be there for each other. Do all this and you will get more RC gifts on your B-Day and Christmas!!!! Good luck ZOOM!!
Nicely put man.
Zoom ........ I hope you both have a great day ! Congrats from me too.

Menace
Old 02-26-2007, 11:51 PM   #4578
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

For all the Adelade G4S crew - just went to Model Flight and they got heaps of parts in a BOX full!!! No bull i saw with my own eyes and had to buy the K-Factory Bladders for the Shocks and 45t 2nd Spur Gear!!!

O yeah Raceday Hobbies - cheers again for Super Fast Delivery "Sam you again didnt get me decals man" owell always next time LOL

So Adelaide crew get ya bums down to MF and clean out the BOX, heaps of alsorts man!!!

Cheers
Old 02-27-2007, 12:00 AM   #4579
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd

I agree aswell - the day is for you Zoom Zoom " racing is anytime and the most important person is your loved one not the car - We wish you a wonderful day and hope for the best!!

remeber they say this "YOU BALLS ARE NO LONGER YOURS, there OURS" I think this is a quote from Eddie Murphy RAW!! faunny bugger he is!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #4580
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnitro
Ok guys, I found the problem on the servo saver.

The metal ring that locks down the spring has slowly come loose, and during the main, it came loose enough that it was actually rubbing against the chasis. That is why when I put the top brace back, the steering rack binds due to the pressure from the metal ring against the chasis. It didn't have to do anything with the top rack. I retightened it according to the manual and added a little extra blue lock tight. Tighten it enough so that there is 1mm thread showing.

This surely was one thing I overlooked cuz I never thought it would happen.

So boys, this might be another thing to put on your checklist.

Thanks for the help guys.
Thaought as much ,only thing that made sense.
great to see u sorted so next meet u on top of your game
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #4581
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523
Well fellas the stuff i order friday from racedayhobbies got here to day,Thats some fast shipping!! but anyways i order this body and cant deside what color to go with so i need yall help on this one!! Its the prepainted one by the way...

Bud what ever you decide it will look good.
The design is just sweet on them.
Pic of my sons Le Mans
Old 02-27-2007, 12:56 AM   #4582
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yeah, you can see how well I laid down the rules - we're getting married on a race day!! I tell ya I made it quite clear I didn't think it was appropriate but she didn't change her mind.

The wedding isn't until 5pm, so if I could be confident that racing would finish by 3.30pm then I would race. I'll probably still attend and lend a hand if I can though.
Well congrats is in order and all of the best
Old 02-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #4583
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace
OMG Serpentd.... ....your "plain & boring" paint jobs make the rest of our bodies look like rushed ".....5mins b4 the main" type bodies......lol
Your work is very professional man! By the way, no offence to others bodies.....maybe that should read my bodies...

Zoom.......if you get it sorted about getting the time for RC with the new wife. Let me know................I have ALOT (Did I say ALOT..........good!!) loads of trouble on that score!!!!!!

It's going to be bad this year too........new born baby, 14 month old baby and one just starting school And me wanting to take the U.S on this year

It took me around an our to catch up tonight. All credit to you guys for making this thread interesting........................just coooooool !

Later

Menace
Joys of marriage and having children and a 2nd family of rc cars

Wouldnt swap or change it for the world
Old 02-27-2007, 01:05 AM   #4584
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the wellwishing guys. As for going to the track? Well, I'll be home alone all day so no reason why I can't swing by. She knows and is cool with it. She is very supportive. I have even convinced her that we need to attend a race meet in europe some time - she said as long as it's in Italy or somewhere she wants to visit then it's on! Can't get any better than that. I guess that's why I'm marrying her.

Razzor, maybe we should get TM to do a sedan body with the same concept! It would save me trying to paint!!! I'll write to Edith now!
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:06 AM   #4585
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

I'm so lucky that my pit"man" is my wife no problems for weekend races at all she will race in spec touring class this year maybe.. She's sick of infrared temp guns so she wants spektrum telemetry .. Yeah, I'm that kind of lucky
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:18 AM   #4586
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
Bud what ever you decide it will look good.
The design is just sweet on them.
Pic of my sons Le Mans
Hey Razzor,

Good to see that I'm not the only racing dad here. Two of my boys race as well - one races a T2 in stock, and the other a TA05 in Novice. Both are much faster than their old man

Here are the pictures of the family line up (TTR, or Team Thompson Racing)
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-picture-013.jpg   Team Magic G4-picture-016.jpg   Team Magic G4-picture-020.jpg  
Teehomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:01 AM   #4587
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the wellwishing guys. As for going to the track? Well, I'll be home alone all day so no reason why I can't swing by. She knows and is cool with it. She is very supportive. I have even convinced her that we need to attend a race meet in europe some time - she said as long as it's in Italy or somewhere she wants to visit then it's on! Can't get any better than that. I guess that's why I'm marrying her.

Razzor, maybe we should get TM to do a sedan body with the same concept! It would save me trying to paint!!! I'll write to Edith now!

I cant belive you man - YOUR going to race this weekend on your wedding day!!! HAHAHHAHAHAAH " what happend to the day of love, respect and its her day not urs!!

i know when i marry my girl it will be her week all her week and most of all it will be her day!!!

you sure luv your RC cars
Old 02-27-2007, 02:26 AM   #4588
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i have the part number for the washer for the ED trans now, thanks to edith at TM .
K14122-10 G4 ED 3.1x11mm FH Washer
so they are now available. but dont know price as yet.
i thank Edith for this and is the reply i was after in the first place. not to be belittled in what im doing or not doing. thankyou TM and Edith.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:30 AM   #4589
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i have the part number for the washer for the ED trans now, thanks to edith at TM .
K14122-10 G4 ED 3.1x11mm FH Washer
so they are now available. but dont know price as yet.
i thank Edith for this and is the reply i was after in the first place. not to be belittled in what im doing or not doing. thankyou TM and Edith.

well done patto - dont let others question your ideas, i can see you becoming a champion in no time you are improving all the time and i can garantee the other fellow leaders in your club can see your ideas are working to get you in top place!!!

keep givin me tips, trick and setups as they are working for us down here!!! i have much respect for every important feed back you give me!!!

its showing!!! Keep it up man - no wonder why good people go far
Old 02-27-2007, 02:50 AM   #4590
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Dude, I thought that the newer G4S RTR had a prepainted body with that similar paint scheme on it. Well maybe they just don'thave the body only yet for sale. But I don't know why they wouldn't. Dude, check it out!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-502080%2520g4s%2520rtr%2520body.jpg