R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #4561
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
the circuit of my practice run is very high grip.

ground resistance is very high.. engine was very toilsome.

so my the clutch setting must be some hard.

so.. G4S black shoe wear out very soon.

i tested serpent yellow shoe just now in holding car up in the air (no burden)

meet feel is very good.. and 2-speed timing is faster than black shoe.

the attached picture is Dario(Euro Champ)'s G4S.

pls take a detail look at the clutch.

shoe color is yellow.

i quess that Dario already had used serpernt yellow shoe!!

[email protected] all

This Picture is from Italy TM Store:

http://shop.bollicinemodellismo.it/p...28908517185c29

I will see t get them...........

Marc
Old 02-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #4562
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Serpentd here's the picture so you can see where its clear.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-picture.jpg  
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #4563
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
I never really thought of it as a wave thing. Told ya I wasn't too clever with the paint. I just made a template out of cardboard with wavy lines and a curl at the end and held the template over the body while I sprayed and lined up the different edges. to try and come up with a pattern. Didn't quite work out as I had seen it in my head. I failed art class at school and I can't say using a single action airbrush has improved me any since then. I was happy with the front grill, that's about it.

I think the tiny dots in the pic are dirt/dust.

hey we all stuff up from time to time - i got a new body ill need to paint soon!! as my last red one is getting a tab old man!!!

it will be a special colour, LOL pattojnr already knows!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #4564
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523

WOW, classy look - awesome!!! i should get off my but to try a cool design!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #4565
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4-racing.de
[email protected] all

This Picture is from Italy TM Store:

http://shop.bollicinemodellismo.it/p...28908517185c29

I will see t get them...........

Marc
Hi Marc, I see those flyweights are for the old clutch, and not the UFO. I'm not sure if the shoe might fit though?

I have bought the team orion update set for use with the CRF engine and they have a pad in that set. I'll report back on that one at a later date since I won't be racing this weekend due to getting married
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #4566
Tech Elite

Quote:
I never really thought of it as a wave thing. Told ya I wasn't too clever with the paint. I just made a template out of cardboard with wavy lines and a curl at the end and held the template over the body while I sprayed and lined up the different edges. to try and come up with a pattern. Didn't quite work out as I had seen it in my head. I failed art class at school and I can't say using a single action airbrush has improved me any since then. I was happy with the front grill, that's about it.

I think the tiny dots in the pic are dirt/dust.

How often do you guys change bodys, run a whole seaon or does it depend on the condition etc?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 PM   #4567
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Well the operation was successful - so this patient exhaust LIVES another day

cheers for the tips guys - me happy again!!!

notice a bit of stretch in the rear off the pipe, will this effect performance?
That is very good final result!

I have never been able to see a performance difference with that amount of stretching.

Maybe if I was on Hara or a Morganti equivalent level then MAYBE

TM G4S (ED), TM G4S,SERPENT M2+835+960FD, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4-X, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4 (WORLDS CHASSIS), MUGEN SEIKI MTX4, MUGEN SEIKI MBX5T, HPI PRO4, TAMIYA, PALMARIS, RB C5+C5 RODY+V12 RODY, NOVAROSSI, JP, AXE ROSSI, MEGA, NOVAMEGA KHM, KO PROPO, HITEC, GRP, UFRA, ROBITRONICS, SJ, LRP
casimirsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #4568
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
How often do you guys change bodys, run a whole seaon or does it depend on the condition etc?
Good drivers run the same body for quite some time. Us mortal drivers use the same body until the super glue, Shoe goo and repair tape can't hold it together anymore!

Alway bring 2 or 3 Brand new bodies to a big race. Always have a back up body brand new or in excellent condition on hand just in case your current body gets destroyed by boards, hackers and walls.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #4569
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
......due to getting married
Dude, i hope you have laid down the ground rules for RC very clearly before that ring goes on!

TM G4S (ED), TM G4S,SERPENT M2+835+960FD, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4-X, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4 (WORLDS CHASSIS), MUGEN SEIKI MTX4, MUGEN SEIKI MBX5T, HPI PRO4, TAMIYA, PALMARIS, RB C5+C5 RODY+V12 RODY, NOVAROSSI, JP, AXE ROSSI, MEGA, NOVAMEGA KHM, KO PROPO, HITEC, GRP, UFRA, ROBITRONICS, SJ, LRP
casimirsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #4570
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Let me think as I am currently getting ready to lay some pain now. I will go through my colors and see what I come up with. For starter I can see Some flourecsent Yellow or maybe some killer Noen Magenta with pearl white fading from front to back making a color change in the light. Let me think for a bit. I prefer major contrast and matching colors. You have a lot to work with there. Do you have an airbrush? Or do you have much painting experience? Just curious. Talk with you in a bit bro!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #4571
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimirsa
Dude, i hope you have laid down the ground rules for RC very clearly before that ring goes on!
Yeah, you can see how well I laid down the rules - we're getting married on a race day!! I tell ya I made it quite clear I didn't think it was appropriate but she didn't change her mind.

The wedding isn't until 5pm, so if I could be confident that racing would finish by 3.30pm then I would race. I'll probably still attend and lend a hand if I can though.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #4572
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to MaDaGAS CAR

Quote:
Yeah, you can see how well I laid down the rules - we're getting married on a race day!! I tell ya I made it quite clear I didn't think it was appropriate but she didn't change her mind.

The wedding isn't until 5pm, so if I could be confident that racing would finish by 3.30pm then I would race. I'll probably still attend and lend a hand if I can though.
u sir have ur priorities perfect, "racing comes first"
MaDaGAS CAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #4573
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i dont have any experience with the airbrush... i only painted bodys with spraypaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Let me think as I am currently getting ready to lay some pain now. I will go through my colors and see what I come up with. For starter I can see Some flourecsent Yellow or maybe some killer Noen Magenta with pearl white fading from front to back making a color change in the light. Let me think for a bit. I prefer major contrast and matching colors. You have a lot to work with there. Do you have an airbrush? Or do you have much painting experience? Just curious. Talk with you in a bit bro!
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #4574
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
i dont have any experience with the airbrush... i only painted bodys with spraypaint.
Dude that's ok. It's amazing the things you can do with cans bro. Plus the detail is all done with that body. Well so far this is the order I would paint that in, but go with what you trully like. It's your body and 100% your decision. Flourecsent green or yellow (or a bright green or yellow) I prefer yellow. A bit more racy and bright for on the track. Neon Magentta, bright purple, or bright metalic blue. As you can see I keep getting darker down the line. This is because I like a bright car! I was thinking of red, it might be nice, but I think it would clash with the Flourecsent orange on there. I still need to look at all my colors, I will send you pics of what I think.

But enough of what I think. What color were you hinting towards? Usually your instinct is the best choice of all. Let me know the colors that you like and maybe we can figure it out together...since NO ONE else is adding any suggestions!!! HINT HINT!!! Talk soon bro!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #4575
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Ok guys, here is my simple and BORING paint scheme #1. I just drew it up quick and took pics of the colors I plan on using. Will keep posting as I progress. I need to do a few more bodies tonight as well. Might take a few hours. Hard to say. Don't give me hard time because these will only be my starter bashers for now. Will do cool stuff in near future. Later for now!!!

OMG Serpentd.... ....your "plain & boring" paint jobs make the rest of our bodies look like rushed ".....5mins b4 the main" type bodies......lol
Your work is very professional man! By the way, no offence to others bodies.....maybe that should read my bodies...

Zoom.......if you get it sorted about getting the time for RC with the new wife. Let me know................I have ALOT (Did I say ALOT..........good!!) loads of trouble on that score!!!!!!

It's going to be bad this year too........new born baby, 14 month old baby and one just starting school And me wanting to take the U.S on this year

It took me around an our to catch up tonight. All credit to you guys for making this thread interesting........................just coooooool !

Later

Menace