R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #4486
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

will this suit our G4S? i am seriuosly thinking of this upgrade!!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #4487
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

or this is the correct one i think!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:37 PM   #4488
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak

will this suit our G4S? i am seriuosly thinking of this upgrade!!
suit for G4S,but cannot use rear belt tension
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #4489
Tech Elite

Ahhh cheers - how many use the rear belt tensioner?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #4490
Tech Elite

Hye Guess the operationis working, here is the first Freeze shot keep in mind will do another to get it completly straight:

Enjoy the Before Shot

after Shot
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-nova-rossi.jpg  

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 03-07-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #4491
Tech Elite

just the tape process - for all to understand, LOL at my work desk at WORK
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-tips-exhaustbend.jpg  
Old 02-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #4492
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Hye Guess the operationis working, here is the first Freeze shot keep in mind will do another to get it completly straight:

Enjoy the Before Shot

after Shot
Good for you! The freezer trick help me out many times on 1/8th buggy pipes. I think Nova pipes bend easier than some others, but the ice trick can usually salvage them....

I'm getting ready to paint a couple of bodies for next season. I'm no pro, but I like them to look decent. I was considering trying to do a "pro" type job with all the lines and colors, but I was also thinking of just keeping what I ended with. Tell me what you think of the one pictured. Excuse the battle wounds . It was an easy tape job, that is repeatable, and it stood out pretty good on the track.

royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #4493
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimirsa
My previous post
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2999138&postcount=3772 is still an "issue" to me

Reading through this forum most of the people say that the holes in the pistons needs to be drilled to 1.2 -1.3 mm

I first assemble my cars shocks with the pistons on standard 1mm holes.

now afer a few runs and test i decided to drill the pistons.

I left the pistons on the shaft with the metal washer underneath it. Firstly i took it to 1.1mm and noticed that the bit is is touching the washer.

My question now is if you take the holes to 1.2 or 1.3 does it realy help with the washer closing the hole for that 0.1 or 0.2 mm.

or am i to technical on this?
You are right. Some of the washers they supply for the shock building are slightly larger and you do have to watch this.
Either replace with thin section types that will not foul the larger holes or turn the one's you have down.
I turned mine down. I run with 1.3mm holes in mine.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #4494
Tech Elite

Looks good Royfan!
You can do my paint-jobs anytime...
Old 02-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #4495
Tech Master

[QUOTE=royfan33]Good for you! The freezer trick help me out many times on 1/8th buggy pipes. I think Nova pipes bend easier than some others, but the ice trick can usually salvage them....
QUOTE]

Agree with you. I went through like 3 Nova pipes and they all dent or bend easily. I waste so much money on them until I switch to Skyline. even with strong crash all I bent is a little on the header and the pipe is never dent what so ever. the same crush will mean a new pipe set for Nova. Nova should reconsider how they make their pipe.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #4496
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Raced my virgin G4S at a local race here in Sydney on the weekend. The race is a yearly event called the Sydney Grand Prix. Anyway my car and motor went quite well, i qualified 9th, and finished 6th in the 30min final. (not bad for an electric racer lol ).

I was running harder than optimal from tire for the final, so next meeting ill be exploring softer fronts and ill run the speedshot front end for some roll adjustment. The car was faultless all weekend, no damage, no misbehaving.

The motor was a Team Orion WAPS REV .12, with the updated carby, i ran the standard G4S clutch with the Black TM spring & ED transmission.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #4497
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-knight
Raced my virgin G4S at a local race here in Sydney on the weekend. The race is a yearly event call the Sydney Grand Prix. Anyway my car and motor went quite well, i qualified 9th, and finished 6th in the 30min final. (not bad for an electric racer lol ).

I was running harder than optimal from tire for the final, so next meeting ill be exploring softer fronts and ill run the speedshot front end for some roll adjustment. The car was faultless all weekend, no damage, no misbehaving.

congrats Black-Knight - its a start for better yet things to come!!! 30min final shit i wish we had those here ours are 10-mins or 15mnins!!! sometimes that longer time can make placements creep you up the ladder from others braking or flalling behind...!

keep it up
Old 02-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #4498
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

Enjoy the Before Shot

after Shot

Glad it worked well for you that is a very good result!

Now for the second time make sure that the plug in the stinger is not in tight at all! You need to allow some pressure to release before all the water freezes!

My humble apologise to Novarossi for causing them to loose a sale!

TM G4S (ED), TM G4S,SERPENT M2+835+960FD, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4-X, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4 (WORLDS CHASSIS), MUGEN SEIKI MTX4, MUGEN SEIKI MBX5T, HPI PRO4, TAMIYA, PALMARIS, RB C5+C5 RODY+V12 RODY, NOVAROSSI, JP, AXE ROSSI, MEGA, NOVAMEGA KHM, KO PROPO, HITEC, GRP, UFRA, ROBITRONICS, SJ, LRP
casimirsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #4499
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-knight
Raced my virgin G4S at a local race here in Sydney on the weekend. The race is a yearly event called the Sydney Grand Prix. Anyway my car and motor went quite well, i qualified 9th, and finished 6th in the 30min final. (not bad for an electric racer lol ).

The motor was a Team Orion WAPS REV .12, with the updated carby, i ran the standard G4S clutch with the Black TM spring & ED transmission.
Congrats' on a successful inaugural run with the G4s.
Not too sure if my spelling is right there but hey-ho...

I'm interested.....how did you find setting-up the G4s Nitro car in comparison to setting up an electric car?
I'm just the oposite.......I run 95% nitro and only this year have I even ran an electric car....mt TC4 (factory)....in a race?!!

Menace
Old 02-26-2007, 12:15 AM   #4500
Tech Elite

Hey Guys the 4mm chasis will i need longer chasis screws to bolt everything else on? "Calling gansei master as he has a 4mm chasis

will be ordering this tomorrow to try out...!