R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-22-2007, 06:02 AM   #4366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDaGAS CAR
well technically i did by local but my lhs doesnt stock parts but they have a realli fast postage time 2 days but the problem is i just did this now

pattonjnr check ur pm

kosta try and headdown to Complete Hobbies at main North Road, take the part down there and i am sure they will have something to suit possibly ZMUGEN

just a few tips man to help out
Old 02-22-2007, 06:03 AM   #4367
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to MaDaGAS CAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Kosta - ASK Shano he aint racing, so if ya wanna race man, ask him i am sure he would help out, and if i have probs on saturday and i cant race for some reason then i will lend you mine!!

C i am a nice guy,

there is anoth of us here to help you out no matter the past!!! call me a big softy LOL "oi and yes i like yelling!!!! as you already know!!

let me know how ya go!!!
ur poor brother down below its like u were the nurse and ur brother was giving birth "take it easy" "slow down" "deep breathes take deep breathes" AHHHH lol jokes
i couldnt help but laugh bit hard to laugh and drive i must say lol.
there shall be no reason car wise for u not racing i nearly got every arm and brace that u can break. i found an old hobo pivot ball laying around from ye old gpx4 days which the thread was a little big but desperate times call for desperate measures.

and the reason i stripped the pivot ball head is cos of those stoopid k factory hard composite arms they are impossible to make the thread on i went through three pivot balls cos of those arms !!!

BTW neva doubted u were a nice guy
MaDaGAS CAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:05 AM   #4368
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
kosta try and headdown to Complete Hobbies at main North Road, take the part down there and i am sure they will have something to suit possibly ZMUGEN

just a few tips man to help out
not happy with them prices are ridcoulous 19.00 for a freakin glowplug and also the dude said team magic was similar to hobao

hey big softy keep shooting those sudgestions anything is good atm ledgend
Old 02-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #4369
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
not happy with them prices are ridcoulous 19.00 for a freakin glowplug and also the dude said team magic was similar to hobao

hey big softy keep shooting those sudgestions anything is good atm ledgend
get some industrial lock tight dude, glue the sucker in for now it will work a treat!!!

also i am running a dodgy second gear housing as i had to mod the rear nut glue it and make sure she did not come loose!!! Rob helped here and made me race on the debut day i thought i wasnt!!

Id say glue it and see how it goes, if not then you can alwas use my lower new front arms and some how make a hex type head into a flat head type!!!

best bet is to use a good one to tap it then use the shitty one to make easy screw fitt!!

if ya got dramas let me know!!!

BTW, my bro had bad luck tonight his repaired NTC3 had a massive runaway at 90km into head on galvinized fence!!! Its devostating man, i have emailed as urgent request for a new G4S pro kit as i want him to join our club, i shouldnt post but id say the on/off switch made this happen as on the second tank for success tonight, it was a tab dodgy and we wriggled it and WALLA she went, and she went and gone before you know it a $500 AUD car in da bin to rest!!!

As i am his brother, i will get onaboard to get him what he need to be backout there:

here are thepics, WARNING its ugly!!!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...13/tc3-001.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...13/tc3-004.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...13/tc3-002.jpg

keep in mind, he was 1 tank away from practicing on saturday with us all - its a damn shame this happend to such a great guy!!

he will be back bigger and better - he has me onaborad and many other lad down here that will some how help the fella out!

Man i am still shocked, like i sit here working on mine feeling guilty O well we must learn and move forward!!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:02 AM   #4370
Tech Fanatic

WOW DUDE thats a hit i dun think it entirly F*****d but close to it ummm did he get a new donk cos it dun look the same also does he wana sell it wouldnt mind fixin it up and giving it to my little cuzin to use
Old 02-22-2007, 07:09 AM   #4371
Tech Elite

Quote:
WOW DUDE thats a hit i dun think it entirly F*****d but close to it ummm did he get a new donk cos it dun look the same also does he wana sell it wouldnt mind fixin it up and giving it to my little cuzin to use

yeah new donk, only a Thunder Tiger but it was all good new again with over $200 bux spent to get it sweet running!!

owell we will get him new kit!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #4372
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ickvanovs

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Asil

I've been racing with such conversion for over a year. Actually I started directly with a 5P TZ and modded the sleeve like the Speed's, worked over the crank's scoop and added the silicone ramp, also modded the base of the boost port channel on the crankcase (like the Speed's)...overall perfomance is good...you loose some low end (which the OS has tons of), but gain a lot of top end.

AFM
niceeee!
cant wait to see the pics. i just got a 5 port TZ.
ickvanovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:00 AM   #4373
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
The Pro receiver case is made of the same material as the micro case so fuel is not an issue. The original case like in the photo Kodak has put up does have a problem with fuel (case gets crazed and melts a little often causing glitching and is usually only obvious where the double sided tape keeps the fuel soaked in).

I think I agree with the comment about the voltage though. i notice that if the voltage gets a little low then it tends to fail safe quite regularly.
With the std pro receiver itís not the case that has the trouble with fuel, itís the connection between the 2 pcbs inside. Should fuel splash or spill it can seep into the connector between the 2 boards and short out the unit; at least thatís what spektrum said when I sent back my 3 day old receiver when I started experiencing similar trouble with it.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #4374
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
::::CALLING ALL G4S OWNERS IN ADELAIDE:::::

has any1 got a spare pivot ball i just stripped my last spare now i havent got 1 and not enough time for model flight to get 1 in so if any1 has a spare can u please let me know cheers
If you can't get the original TM or the optionals from K Factory, you can use the ones for Kyosho...they are 9mm dia. as well...they are a perfect match....try and find who has Kyosho spares in your area.

Forget about Mugen's they are smaller...

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #4375
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ickvanovs

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
If you can't get the original TM or the optionals from K Factory, you can use the ones for Kyosho...they are 9mm dia. as well...they are a perfect match....try and find who has Kyosho spares in your area.

Forget about Mugen's they are smaller...

AFM
true! im using RRR titanium pivot ball by kawahara.
they are exactly the same size.
ickvanovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #4376
Tech Elite

new it was Mugen or Kyosho .Well there you have it K pivots are the same.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #4377
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
sorry frankie the 1 that goes through the hub into the arms all around the car if u want a part number i can get u 1
Dude. OK my friend...here we go. You don't own any hardened tip allen wrenches (Hex) do you? Well at least not 2.5mm. It is imparative that you own at least the 3 or 4 most common sizes. (1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0mm) I understand that they are not cheap. About 10-15 dollars US each. But you HAVE TO HAVE THEM!!! If your tips are not hardened then you will continue to stip your car too death. Do not use allens that are black tipped and/or "L" shaped (like what come in a kit). Other then a few Xray kits that include the Hudy Profi tools, (these are the inexpensive hardened tip Hudy's with plastic handle). I included some pics. Mostly for Frankie to see. JK!

Anyway bro, you have lots of options. I would suggest start with the hand tools and then get the hardened tip like OFNA in the photo for your electric screwdriver. These will save you a million headaches down the road.

Here are a few brands that I know for you to look up and see what is available to you.

1. Hudy-Excellent, but smaller bits can break if your not careful. (Like if you accidententaly bend, VERY BRITTLE) Can order repacement bits.

2. RPM-Very good tips, it's very rare but you can break the handles and need to replace complete tool if broke. Plus a little on the short side.

3. MIP-Excellent, NEVER had a problem with these. But if you did you can not get replacement tips, need to replace tool.

4. Integy-Excellent, I have set but don't use often to know of any problems. Can get repacement tips.

5. Dynamite-Very Good, these guys are a bit shorter then most. I prefer longer ones.

These are all the ones I have used. I prefer the Hudy. However if you want to get the "ball" ends to reach hex's at an angle, I would reccomend the MIP. The MIP are long, VERY strong and not brittle. Large handles on these.

And for my electric screw gun, the OFNA is worth their weight in gold! I have NEVER had a problem or broke an OFNA bit. Sorry for the long post, but tools are VERY important and wanted you to see that they are not all created equal. Good luck bro and ask questions if you have any. Later!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-tools-001.jpg   Team Magic G4-tools-002.jpg   Team Magic G4-tools-003.jpg   Team Magic G4-tools-001.jpg  
Old 02-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #4378
Tech Elite

Hey All,

quick question, in regards to laying down the shocks on the front, what does this do? i did mine last night and noticed its a bit softer on the front!!

Also, will this give me more turn into corner and better grip?

quick setup run down i have so far:

front:

1.6 springs TM
camber 2.5
caster standard
shock location - bottom hole on tower
ride height 6mm
tires shore 40shore - speed brand
droop 0
diff pins out
toe 0.1
shock oil 50W Losi Brand
wheel base 199mm

rear:
1.4 springs TM
camber 4.0
caster it doesnt have any LOL
shock location 2nd from bottom
ride height 5mm
tire shore 40shore jaco
droop 2mm
diff oil TM10000
shock oil 50W Losi
toe in 3.0
wheel base 200mm

i have now a new motor, so i think more power will create with the OS TZ.12

any changes to be made, or just run it and then make any alterrations!

cheers on help
Old 02-22-2007, 05:59 PM   #4379
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

agreed with the quality of tools, esp hex wrench. coz i have a set of EDS tools, the tip was not so good, i have real trouble opening some screws. the most common problem is middle mount screw, esp when u change to the alum one, have to use drill to cut the cap, then slowly tap and force it out of the chassis.

have anyone used the TM tools? it just look awesome. thinking of buying 1 full set of it. keke. but its not cheap also.

guys, anyone here use the TM hippo 2 starter box? planning to get one, but dunno if its good and lasting.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:14 PM   #4380
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude. OK my friend...here we go. You don't own any hardened tip allen wrenches (Hex) do you? Well at least not 2.5mm. It is imparative that you own at least the 3 or 4 most common sizes. (1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0mm) I understand that they are not cheap. About 10-15 dollars US each. But you HAVE TO HAVE THEM!!! If your tips are not hardened then you will continue to stip your car too death. Do not use allens that are black tipped and/or "L" shaped (like what come in a kit). Other then a few Xray kits that include the Hudy Profi tools, (these are the inexpensive hardened tip Hudy's with plastic handle). I included some pics. Mostly for Frankie to see. JK!

Anyway bro, you have lots of options. I would suggest start with the hand tools and then get the hardened tip like OFNA in the photo for your electric screwdriver. These will save you a million headaches down the road.

Here are a few brands that I know for you to look up and see what is available to you.

1. Hudy-Excellent, but smaller bits can break if your not careful. (Like if you accidententaly bend, VERY BRITTLE) Can order repacement bits.

2. RPM-Very good tips, it's very rare but you can break the handles and need to replace complete tool if broke. Plus a little on the short side.

3. MIP-Excellent, NEVER had a problem with these. But if you did you can not get replacement tips, need to replace tool.

4. Integy-Excellent, I have set but don't use often to know of any problems. Can get repacement tips.

5. Dynamite-Very Good, these guys are a bit shorter then most. I prefer longer ones.

These are all the ones I have used. I prefer the Hudy. However if you want to get the "ball" ends to reach hex's at an angle, I would reccomend the MIP. The MIP are long, VERY strong and not brittle. Large handles on these.

And for my electric screw gun, the OFNA is worth their weight in gold! I have NEVER had a problem or broke an OFNA bit. Sorry for the long post, but tools are VERY important and wanted you to see that they are not all created equal. Good luck bro and ask questions if you have any. Later!!
gotcha have u used losi drivers they are awesome the problem isnt the size fits perfect but and the tips never strip. every now and then i grind them bak but thats it im yet to break a tip. the reason it stripped is cos its way too hard to start a thread in the k factory hardened rear arms and i wasnt pushing hard enough.