R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-21-2007, 05:54 AM   #4291
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
i buy 4mm option chassis.

i will believe no bending problem in this product.

oi gansei, now thats nice, will this change car balance? setup etc?

you always amaze me with ya new bits of HOPUPS!!!

cheers for posting again
Old 02-21-2007, 05:58 AM   #4292
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:

interesting chasis. lots of crevices for things to fall into and stay in chasis. and either one , more protection for reciever , or you cant get quick access to it, take your pick ? but looks strong Gansei. i dont think that one will bend in a hurry
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:02 AM   #4293
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Seems we are attracting the Likes of MUGEN drivers into our thread !
seems he is interested in our little car that seems to be so threatening to the likes of a MUGEN driver
but all interests are good interests, and makes for some good lite hearted reading. now on your way el President'e

well patto & mike there 2 of you that run G4Sers, here in Adelaide, its only getting bigger, i think now we upto, let me count:

Frankie x 1
Rob x 1
Andrew x 1
Paul x 1
Shano x 1
Dave x 1
Kostarico x 1

Thats 7 in totall , enough to have a G4S B group LOL, if this happens it would be a first id say!!

And soon my brother, will have one whick will make it 8, LOL i can count!!!

Anyways, see if you guys can push for more g4 lads in ya club, surley there good enough as the results speak for themselves!!!

Enjoy, and have FUN always!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:12 AM   #4294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey Kodak

When that motor is ready to run please let me know how it performs compaired to your other motor. I am looking into getting a new .12 3 port and dont want to spend the money on a Italian one.

Did you ever have any problems with glitching? If you remember we spoke about my problem? Well, its back. This car is driving me crazy.

I did everything people suggested and every once in a while i lose control over my thr servo.
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:12 AM   #4295
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
well patto & mike there 2 of you that run G4Sers, here in Adelaide, its only getting bigger, i think now we upto, let me count:

Frankie x 1
Rob x 1
Andrew x 1
Paul x 1
Shano x 1
Dave x 1
Kostarico x 1

Thats 7 in totall , enough to have a G4S B group LOL, if this happens it would be a first id say!!

And soon my brother, will have one whick will make it 8, LOL i can count!!!

Anyways, see if you guys can push for more g4 lads in ya club, surley there good enough as the results speak for themselves!!!

Enjoy, and have FUN always!!!
3 of us here, soon maybe 4th Danny is the other. and Mark when he gets over his real car issues and work and there are 2 or 3 more in bunbury here as well. so the numbers are growing all over the world. good to see
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:19 AM   #4296
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Hey Kodak

When that motor is ready to run please let me know how it performs compaired to your other motor. I am looking into getting a new .12 3 port and dont want to spend the money on a Italian one.

Did you ever have any problems with glitching? If you remember we spoke about my problem? Well, its back. This car is driving me crazy.

I did everything people suggested and every once in a while i lose control over my thr servo.

G L I T CH I N G? arrrrhhhhh oi if you got msn pm me your details we can chat on some tips etc!!!

more than happy to help bro!!

Gimme run down on what you have, pics, etc and we all here may solve this problem!!

you have come to the right place for questions, also check my BLOG dude, got plenty pics etc!!!

cheers
Old 02-21-2007, 06:28 AM   #4297
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hey Kodak

What seems to be the problem ???

At the nats I had a glitch were the throttle wouldnt return to nuetral and would jitter ,it also caused the steering to do its own thing.
Changed the throttle servo and bingo problem sorted.
I had a Futaba 3010 on throttle ,replaced it with a 3003 std servo.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:38 AM   #4298
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
What seems to be the problem ???

At the nats I had a glitch were the throttle wouldnt return to nuetral and would jitter ,it also caused the steering to do its own thing.
Changed the throttle servo and bingo problem sorted.
I had a Futaba 3010 on throttle ,replaced it with a 3003 std servo.

simple solution razzoR,

my gitches whre a few things:

1st i upgrades to NEW 1000mah x 5 Sanyo batterys, this fixed it like a dream!!! thou i still had one prob, or glitch!!

EXPO settings i tampered with, and made my Spektrum DX3.0 all wacky as hell, so speak to a good friend he said change ya mode settings to a new MODE as i have 1,2,3,4 modes on this radio... anyways i changed from mode 1 to mode 4 and BINGO aswell it fixed all my drama's!!!!

shows that little things go a long way, plus i am using the standard servo's that came with my radio... seems to be working good so far!

Hope it helps NITRO BEAST
Old 02-21-2007, 07:23 AM   #4299
Tech Elite

Quote:
Here is what i did with mine. I had a real bad glitch problem... I wouldnt recommend you glue the ariel because if you need to replace it it might be a problem..

here is ur prob id say, go to ya LHS - get those batteries i mentioned:

5 x 1000mah AAA, solder them up and i can 100% sure fix the prob, also rset ya radio to standard and start again!!

Is what i did, and had no probs at all, the Voltage on the Standard TM batteries not so good!!! mine was full charged 5.2V now my new battery is 7.8 with flying colours!!!

good luck, if ya got more probs buzz us here man or PM me ya glitches, we have had the experience to fix our dramas!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:24 AM   #4300
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

Hey Frank, for 12TZ 3P, look for a future project of converting it into TZ speed tuned.. I'll do it for mine .. You'll buy a liner for OS TZ 5P and modify it for 3P, a 5P crank and here is a speed tuned OS!! The missing thing is the silicone filling in crankshaft.. I will post pictures when I make it..

Last edited by asil; 02-21-2007 at 09:01 AM.
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #4301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
simple solution razzoR,

my gitches whre a few things:

1st i upgrades to NEW 1000mah x 5 Sanyo batterys, this fixed it like a dream!!! thou i still had one prob, or glitch!!

EXPO settings i tampered with, and made my Spektrum DX3.0 all wacky as hell, so speak to a good friend he said change ya mode settings to a new MODE as i have 1,2,3,4 modes on this radio... anyways i changed from mode 1 to mode 4 and BINGO aswell it fixed all my drama's!!!!

shows that little things go a long way, plus i am using the standard servo's that came with my radio... seems to be working good so far!

Hope it helps NITRO BEAST
I have tried different batteries and it still happend. Since that pic i have soldered the battery and that didnt help. heres the run down on what i have done

I have tried 2 sets of batteries
4 different servos
3 different receivers
shrink tubing the antenna
aerial mod
rerouting wires in different ways

Yesterday i actually reset my radio and was gonna give that a try. I dont think its the radio because if i have 2 of my cars out and on only the g4s glitches. The others dont show any sine of glitching which tells me its not the radio setting.

My glitch sends the thr. servo into brake mode and the after a second it goes back to neutral. It used to make the steering servo turn to the right but now it doesnt do that since i changed it from the stock spektrum servo to a hitech...can that be a clue?
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #4302
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
I have tried different batteries and it still happend. Since that pic i have soldered the battery and that didnt help. heres the run down on what i have done

I have tried 2 sets of batteries
4 different servos
3 different receivers
shrink tubing the antenna
aerial mod
rerouting wires in different ways

Yesterday i actually reset my radio and was gonna give that a try. I dont think its the radio because if i have 2 of my cars out and on only the g4s glitches. The others dont show any sine of glitching which tells me its not the radio setting.

My glitch sends the thr. servo into brake mode and the after a second it goes back to neutral. It used to make the steering servo turn to the right but now it doesnt do that since i changed it from the stock spektrum servo to a hitech...can that be a clue?
Dumb Question....do you use on-off switch or direct connection on-off system (comes with G4S)....because I had a similar problem with a customer's G4.....we changed every electrical part on the car, and the glitch persisted....until we finally decided to change the on-off switch for a new one and.....Bingo, no more glitches...afterwards we decided to replace the switch for a direct connection system and never had any problems again.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #4303
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

Let me how long have you been running the original chassis, or how many race meetings?

The track that you have raced the chassis on is it fairly smooth or does it have a few bumps?

TM G4S (ED), TM G4S,SERPENT M2+835+960FD, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4-X, MUGEN SEIKI MRX4 (WORLDS CHASSIS), MUGEN SEIKI MTX4, MUGEN SEIKI MBX5T, HPI PRO4, TAMIYA, PALMARIS, RB C5+C5 RODY+V12 RODY, NOVAROSSI, JP, AXE ROSSI, MEGA, NOVAMEGA KHM, KO PROPO, HITEC, GRP, UFRA, ROBITRONICS, SJ, LRP
casimirsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #4304
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Dumb Question....do you use on-off switch or direct connection on-off system (comes with G4S)....because I had a similar problem with a customer's G4.....we changed every electrical part on the car, and the glitch persisted....until we finally decided to change the on-off switch for a new one and.....Bingo, no more glitches...afterwards we decided to replace the switch for a direct connection system and never had any problems again.

AFM
Dude, not a dumb question! A switch is the weakest point in the elcetrical system. Especially durng a race! They can cause clitches as you mentioned and even stop working in the middle of no where. Just like a crystal. I have even seen one turn off in a race because dude hit a marker pretty hard and forced the switch into the off position. He should have at least had the damn thing turned around in the car where the "ON" postion is facing towards the car. IMO, don't EVER use a switch!!! Unless you have an old Tamyia Frog or something. They just are not good for nitro. It's a disaster ready to happen.

It is funny trying to watch 5 marshalls tring to catch a away though.

So if anyone here is using a switch, I HIGHLY recommend taking that thing OFF!!! Big NO NO!!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #4305
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
DUDe - this motor has more PINCHY PINCHY than Aprils fools day!!! i had to use hair dryer for every start up tank!!!

this is normal yeah? Plus the settings from you to here in Australia where bloody rich, i had to go back to factory settings and then she started.

The ones you had on, i guess it must be the alltitude differances etc - but she was so rich i couldnt get it to run.

Anyways, after i got it to run rich, ran two tanks on the stand, then hitted the back carpark for some action on the road.... had clutch issues, then spoke to patto as he was online to help.

Placed all weights back into the clucth shoes, backed the YELLOW clutch spring way back to level of the threads, and removed two shims from clutch bell!

After that, again i had to use that trusty partners hair Dryer, she myust think i am a freak, LOL but after a bit of heat, she fired up sweet!

I still got long way to go man, but ill save it for saturday at the track as i like to run on smoother cleaner environment, plus 10pm out the back, i am sure the neighbours will come out to blow it up LOL, thanks to the massive flood lights out there its so damn tempting!!!

Once again, man cheers on HELP, the box is pretty, instructions are massive big, and helpfull, my eyes sting from Nitro fumes, and i am pumped to have it alive again!!!

Cheers friend, and we shall speak soon!
BROOOOOOO! Oh I am so glad you finally got that little beast!!! I am glad to hear that you are taking your time to break that thing in nice and slow. As far as pinch, yes VERY HIGH!!!! I've heard of it being that high after 1 gallon of fuel even.

Don't trip bro, you are very welcome for the engine. And the news just keeps getting better with that engine as ASIL pointed out. After a few months and you have some $$ flow, you can upgrade to SPEED TUNED. Thanks ASIL!! So you have a sweet motor there my friend. Just treat her right, and she will treat you right.

As far as the super rich mixture, I thought that would be a small issue. But better rich then lean! I'm glad to hear that Patto and you are getting that thing started and broke in properly. You will find that this engine is less finicky on the tune. A little bit bigger sweet spot. As the Nova's and all can change your tune with 2-3 seconds of movement on the high speed needle setting. So very touchy. For any beginner, these engines are difficult to learn on.

Overall bro, I am very glad to be able to help you to get on that track! Just keep monitoring that temp every time you go out to race. The tune can easily change through out the day. Cooler air in the morning and warmer temps in afternoon. Keep an eye on it and get your self a temp gun when you can. You can get some for about 30-50 bucks US. Look on ebay. It's an inexpensive tool to keep your pride and joy lasting. Enjoy my friend and I will chat with you soon bro!!! Later!