R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #4201
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asil
Hi guys.. This is one of the best forums for a Team Magic G4 newbee.. I've learnt lots of things in here.. I was told before that there must not be any rebound on th shock shaft but I corrected myself now. Thank you ZOOM and SerpentD and all others.. You're so helpful.. Just take a look at other forums (Serpent 710, Serpent720, etc..) G4S forum is more active.. As a former Serpent owner, yes I've learnt lots of things from these forums but here there is a more friendly and warm interaction

Thank you guys.. Keep it up..

Asil
Thank you for the kind words bro. We all here try to do our best to help each other out. We might get into a little bit of a debate, but it's amazing some of the things you can learn from those. We like to hear how everyone is progressing, so be sure to keep us all posted Asil!! See ya.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:45 AM   #4202
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
attached file is my black shoe picture (4-5days used)

this is a my clurch setting

Clearance: 0.7mm, End Play: 0.2mm, Spring 1.8 Black,

weight shim: 2 EA, Spring Lock: 0.8mm

is my clurch setup Wrong?
Your clutch seems to be fine to me. Very even wear which is good. However I don't understand what 4-5 days is. Could you be more accruate like how many hours on that clutch? This might make me have a different opinion. That looks like about 4 hours worth of racing to me. Some set ups will go through clutches faster just because of the track conditions. But you can compensate for this with either a softer spring or by setting your clutch nut a little looser. It all depends as there are lots of factors to consider. Let us know how much time you have on that exactly.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:08 AM   #4203
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Your clutch seems to be fine to me. Very even wear which is good. However I don't understand what 4-5 days is. Could you be more accruate like how many hours on that clutch? This might make me have a different opinion. That looks like about 4 hours worth of racing to me. Some set ups will go through clutches faster just because of the track conditions. But you can compensate for this with either a softer spring or by setting your clutch nut a little looser. It all depends as there are lots of factors to consider. Let us know how much time you have on that exactly.
i mean 1 day using is about 1/2 gallon fuel consumption

and circuit grip is very good.. But Tire consumption is very high.

after about 4-5 fuel tank race, rear tire diameter got 56mm, from starting 65mm.(37 tire)

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 AM   #4204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Possible new Team Name for the G4S crew down in Adelaide SA.... i spent a whole day doing a logo, name and then made stickers to show case what it might look like:

Feed back guys, keep in mind, team Colours may vary to each driver, thou the name will stick rather nice!!!

Enjoy
Kodak
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-g4-014.gif  
Old 02-20-2007, 01:43 AM   #4205
Tech Elite

Some pics of the nats.

Me pitting for a buddy ,im the guy in Orange

Amain line up with Serpents and Mugens.

Next nat i am there
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:46 AM   #4206
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Maybe the lettering or font need to be different. It kinda looks like it's all wobbly and bunky. Maybe it needs to look more speedy and accurate. The name is good though.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:46 AM   #4207
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Coolness pics Razzo - man that track looks KILLA fun
Old 02-20-2007, 01:47 AM   #4208
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
i mean 1 day using is about 1/2 gallon fuel consumption

and circuit grip is very good.. But Tire consumption is very high.

after about 4-5 fuel tank race, rear tire diameter got 56mm, from starting 65mm.(37 tire)
WOW!!! Dude, 9mm of wear in 20-25 minutes of racing or so. That is VERY HIGH!! Since you mentioned the track to have pretty good grip, I would try a harder tire like 42. The thing about harder tires is that it might take a few laps to scrub them in and get them up to temp. So they may seem loose at first, but after about 3 or 4 good laps they should come up to grip. I would try and set up my suspension and all around a higher shore tire bro. I have raced for 1 hour and only lost 6-7 mm. However that is smoother track. Plus that is running 42 all around on good grip track.

As far as the clutch shoe, it's hard to say. If that only has 5 tanks on it then it seems to be wearing a bit fast. But I might be wrong since I am not use to this clutch personally. I am comparing to other clutch shoes like S720. Does your clutch engage hard, or does it seem to slip?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:51 AM   #4209
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
Maybe the lettering or font need to be different. It kinda looks like it's all wobbly and bunky. Maybe it needs to look more speedy and accurate. The name is good though.

oi dude, post a pic of ya car bro, wouldnt mind seeing ya beast all looking Preddy, i got a few of this forum, but luv to see more of everyones cars!

Thou cheers on the comments, to do the Zoom Zoom effect id need to change my name to yours, LOL jusk kidding, i found that styles is hard to print, but its possible!

As for the wobbly effect, just a bit of flow to make it that bit differant, bit like the old skool HOT WHEELS styles, ya get it? Cool....!

Yeah post ya pics all, gimme look at ya styles, declas and even colour schemes!

Peace Out
Old 02-20-2007, 01:52 AM   #4210
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hey ZOOM! Hope things are going good bro. I kind of agree with the wobble effect here. Name is KILLER!!! Maybe a bit more streamline, like an F16 jet would be something to consider Hodak?? I need to look at it longer
Old 02-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #4211
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
oi dude, post a pic of ya car bro, wouldnt mind seeing ya beast all looking Preddy, i got a few of this forum, but luv to see more of everyones cars!

Thou cheers on the comments, to do the Zoom Zoom effect id need to change my name to yours, LOL jusk kidding, i found that styles is hard to print, but its possible!

As for the wobbly effect, just a bit of flow to make it that bit differant, bit like the old skool HOT WHEELS styles, ya get it? Cool....!

Yeah post ya pics all, gimme look at ya styles, declas and even colour schemes!

Peace Out
Dude, I need to look at that longer. I have done a lot of custom airbrush as you know, and I need to see if this grows on me more because it is very unique. I gotcha with the Hot Wheels thing bro!!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:00 AM   #4212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Man it looks Goofy and im sure that was the aim , considering the Person who made it. if you saw Frankie youd know. Looks Good Frankie. it will look good on my starter Box Dude. will kinda suit me as well
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:02 AM   #4213
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Man it looks Goofy and im sure that was the aim , considering the Person who made it. if you saw Frankie youd know. Looks Good Frankie. it will look good on my starter Box Dude. will kinda suit me as well

not GOOFY - GROOVY BABY
Old 02-20-2007, 02:04 AM   #4214
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My car is no oil painting (or maybe more oil than painting) and should not be used as a reference for 'how to make a car look good'.

I'll throw a pic of it up at some point.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 AM   #4215
Tech Fanatic

I would post a pic but no body painted yet. I am trying to redo the brake lever here and not happy with the results. I like to have the threads in the front by the servo so I can adjust some drag brake in pit lane fast. Anyone done this???? Will post pics of what I am working on here.