R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #4051
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

aTTENTION:

question, Spur gears for ED-Trans what do we all use? and what works realitivly best?

cheers
Old 02-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #4052
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
As for the Orion engine, it holds the qualifying record for 5 mins around our track here in WA. I have included a pic of mine as well.

Cool thanks for the feedback its an awesome looking engine its good to know its more than just for show. There reasonably priced as well, are you using there reccomended pipe or have you gone for 2630 nova that seems to be all too popular at the moment.

People say i know nothing but I know [email protected]#K ALL!!!!
Toy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #4053
Tech Elite

Default WinterNAts

I think Bobby Flack is getting closer,
In 12th place now !

I think he's not running the ED trans either?! Cause apparently he hasn't got one???!!

Menace
Old 02-15-2007, 11:51 PM   #4054
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey Zoom, this teflon solution, what does this excactly do? i am keen to know the benefits, plus on how often should i check oil in shocks as i have noticed the rebound of the shocks dont bounce back as it first did. "Note' this is with the springs out"!!!

Cheers Again,

Some good tips, are always great tips!!
Hi, I think it's not good for shock piston to rebound back when you push it.. If it does, then it means there is too much oil in it.. Shock pistons duty is to damp spring action.. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Asil
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:11 AM   #4055
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
aTTENTION:

question, Spur gears for ED-Trans what do we all use? and what works realitivly best?

cheers
Dude, OMG man, you are WAY TOO AWESOME BRO!!!!! My avatar is the SHIT!!!!!!!! Thanks tons my friend. I can't wait to splatter this all over the web. I feel so gitty inside right now. Frankie, thank you very much for taking the time to do that for me. It really does mean a lot bro! It's very rare for someone to do something for me, I know it might seem silly to all, but I will charish this CUSTOM AVATAR for LIFE. You really made my day friend!!

It's midnight here and just got home from work. Lucky I'm the boss and can do as I please.

Anyway bro, judgeing by the size of your track, I would start somewhere in the middle with your gear ratio. For example: 16/21 and 46/51. You may need to gear higher as your new engine is going to have GOBS of torque. However since I haven't even got to ran my car yet I may be incorrect. I think that this would be a good starting point. But someone might have a better idea with their personal experience with ED.

Post away guys and help out my bro here!!!!!

Dude, thanks again for my SWEET avatar!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #4056
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, OMG man, you are WAY TOO AWESOME BRO!!!!! My avatar is the SHIT!!!!!!!! Thanks tons my friend. I can't wait to splatter this all over the web. I feel so gitty inside right now. Frankie, thank you very much for taking the time to do that for me. It really does mean a lot bro! It's very rare for someone to do something for me, I know it might seem silly to all, but I will charish this CUSTOM AVATAR for LIFE. You really made my day friend!!

It's midnight here and just got home from work. Lucky I'm the boss and can do as I please.

Anyway bro, judgeing by the size of your track, I would start somewhere in the middle with your gear ratio. For example: 16/21 and 46/51. You may need to gear higher as your new engine is going to have GOBS of torque. However since I haven't even got to ran my car yet I may be incorrect. I think that this would be a good starting point. But someone might have a better idea with their personal experience with ED.

Post away guys and help out my bro here!!!!!

Dude, thanks again for my SWEET avatar!!!!!!!

No drama, man on the AVATAR - easy stuff when ya know how "midnight hey, well i just got home from work myself thou its Friday 6:00pm and the week is over!!!

Today i made some killa reflective decals for mysely, pattojnr and my bro - i had the template on the cutter decal machine as we are a sign/web company that i work for.

So each of us has 20 new numbers to splash on the shells for future...! Pattojnr will get his Tuesday as i ll send via post Monday - just a little reward for his help of getting me going when i needed the most.

As for the ED trans, well its interesting to find out what will work best, i have heard to use the same standard spurs or even try smaller ones as it might suit our track just nicely.... keep in mind we have one long straight, then it goes down hill all the way to the start/finish line then we go back to a climb to the long straight...!

Sounds like fun, and yah it is, thou the new torque of the motor OS TZ.12 3 Port "MaDaGaScAr" shall be fun for sure - i guess time will tell!

i have also read the Ron Paris racing break in tips - sounds very simple and shall follow his rules on how to get it to the best tip top shape for racing!!!

i gonna head down to my bro's house to drop off his new decals and lend some tools for his new painted shell, ill get some pics to showcase later tonight!!

So "D" champ, we having another late one on the big screen? if so ill speak too ya later bro!!

Oh yes i have been reading the winter nats seems like an awesome ride.. luv to see it one day!!!

Peace Out Friend
Old 02-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #4057
Tech Elite

I think Serpentd is right. It would be an excelent starting point.
With the ED system, your motor will rv up quicker, but the new motors now can take it and some..........

Menace
Old 02-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #4058
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy000
Cool thanks for the feedback its an awesome looking engine its good to know its more than just for show. There reasonably priced as well, are you using there reccomended pipe or have you gone for 2630 nova that seems to be all too popular at the moment.
I use the JP2620 with novarossi 5 fin conical manifold. I think the novarossi 2601 is the same pipe.

Cheers,

Mike.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:41 AM   #4059
Tech Champion

I made Overdrive Calculator based on Excel Spreadsheet.

Would you kind to check the accuracy ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip OD Calc.zip (14.5 KB, 36 views)
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:02 AM   #4060
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576

ASW, i put in the ED trans gears and it came up with 1.5mm slpit for the overdrive. when a few of us came to the number of 1.8mm split. i have tried 1.8, 2 but not 1.5 splits. i found the 1.8 better for 5 min heats and 2 for the 10 in main. had a longer sweetspot for the main with 38sh fronts and 40 rears. measured after the main and it still had a 1.3mm split
hope this helps.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:02 AM   #4061
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576

Shucks bro, if it wasn't for me crunching numbers for 6 hours straight tonight at work and then being so tired, I would for sure check you accuracey. I'm just too brain dead right now and might make a mistake and look like an idiot. However, Tomorrow (actually today) I will go over your figures and see how it all looks. Until then, thanks for the post. it's a handy tool for sure.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:30 AM   #4062
Tech Champion

I compare my OD calc with MTX4 overdrive chart, looks very close up to 3 decimals ( when you round up to 3 decimals ).

Here's how I get the numbers :

A) Front Pulley Ratio : 28 / 18 = 1.5555

B) Side Pulley Ratio : 24 / 18 = 1.3333

C) Rear Pulley Ratio : 41 / 19 = 2.1579

D) Lets say 2mm split : Front Tires 63mm and Rear Tires 65mm

E) Distance Front : (63 x 3.14159) / (1.5555 x 1.3333) = 95.4338

F) Distance Rear : (65 x 3.14159) / 2.1579 = 94.6306

Overdrive Ratio = 95.4338 / 94.6306 = 1.0085

MTX4 overdrive chart for 24T with 63 Front and 65 Rear = 1.008
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mtx4-overdriveratio.pdf (11.3 KB, 93 views)
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:35 AM   #4063
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
No drama, man on the AVATAR - easy stuff when ya know how "midnight hey, well i just got home from work myself thou its Friday 6:00pm and the week is over!!!

Today i made some killa reflective decals for mysely, pattojnr and my bro - i had the template on the cutter decal machine as we are a sign/web company that i work for.

So each of us has 20 new numbers to splash on the shells for future...! Pattojnr will get his Tuesday as i ll send via post Monday - just a little reward for his help of getting me going when i needed the most.

As for the ED trans, well its interesting to find out what will work best, i have heard to use the same standard spurs or even try smaller ones as it might suit our track just nicely.... keep in mind we have one long straight, then it goes down hill all the way to the start/finish line then we go back to a climb to the long straight...!

Sounds like fun, and yah it is, thou the new torque of the motor OS TZ.12 3 Port "MaDaGaScAr" shall be fun for sure - i guess time will tell!

i have also read the Ron Paris racing break in tips - sounds very simple and shall follow his rules on how to get it to the best tip top shape for racing!!!

i gonna head down to my bro's house to drop off his new decals and lend some tools for his new painted shell, ill get some pics to showcase later tonight!!

So "D" champ, we having another late one on the big screen? if so ill speak too ya later bro!!

Oh yes i have been reading the winter nats seems like an awesome ride.. luv to see it one day!!!

Peace Out Friend
Brooooo!

Oh dude trust me, there is going to be tons of "Drama" over my custom Avatar. I'm planning on going to EVERY thread just to waste their time and space by letting them see my one of a kind piece of art work you made for me! I give it a week before half of the WORLD see this puppy! I've been calling friends tonight wakeing them up and making them get on this forum just to check it out. I didn't just want to email them the pic. I needed them all to see it in ACTION!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, that is way killer about you making those reflective decals. I don't quite understand the reflective (Like that silver stuff)? I bet it's sweet as hell with your talents and all.

I just read your email you sent me with pics of those bodies. NO PROB! I'll probably have to end up doing two bodies for you. One with all the fancy colors, then the other where I paint on every manufacturer of the equipment on the car. It's much more difficult to have to work around the painted "Logos", but it's cool when people touch the body thinking it's a decal and find out it's paint! There like, Dude, how did you paint all that small detail on there.

About 5-8 years ago in that time frame, I painted bodies for people around the globe for "Best appearing". My bodies back then won about 3 or 4 national events and I had one even come in second place at the Worlds in France about 7 or 8 years ago. I didn't have a digital camera back then, so I will have to scan some of the schemes I did. One of the sweetest was on an 1:8th scale Lola body where I did a miral of a grim reaper holding this torn black and white checkered flag, and in the front of the body I did like 4 tomb stones that had the names of all the "rival" car manufactures. I painted about 6 bodies for my bro Kevin Wiese in California when he went to that race in France. That's the one that got second place. Hell, I might just go up stairs and scan a few for you right now. Let me find my pics and I'll try and post a few. Talk with you soon my friend.

By the way, it's 3:30 am so that's probably why I'm bableing so much again. But hey, what the hell!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:58 AM   #4064
Tech Elite

here is what i mean on the reflective decals, all ya have to do is peel each one off and stick on car ready to go, no need to cut as i have made from computer to cutter with special cutting on the decals.....!

its easy when you got $250k machine with a few more coming as our company is growing...!

Enjoy the pics kiddo - Oi and the Avatar custom styles are for only selected indiviuals as i cant make for everyone!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-decals-001.jpg   Team Magic G4-decals-002.jpg  

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 02-16-2007 at 04:14 AM.
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 AM   #4065
Tech Elite

Thanks Hodak.............youd man