R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2007, 03:24 AM   #4021
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy000
Thanks for the use of the parts (dog bone and body post) if it wasnt for your motor giving up i couldnt keep mine on the track at least together we got the TM some points on the board, dont stress there on there way. Like i said you can drive mine if they dont arrive in time its got the ceramic max SL3 in there so you should be more than competitive

PS I toldya to chuck that crapy filter away didnt I
you should have YELLED at me, i was either deaf or not listening doesnt matter bud, its ok, next time round i would have been a few steps forward!!!

We still have 10 days, anything can happen i am still waiting on Ebay to hurry the ^%&* up on my mugen chamber its been well over 15 days, and i see no no chamber maybe this week
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:28 AM   #4022
Tech Fanatic
 
Toy000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Do the front cups as well it cant hurt in my opinion you would want to change the grease regularly or your going to turn it into grinding paste
__________________
Motonica.... its just like da Ferrari!

People say i know nothing but I know [email protected]#K ALL!!!!
Toy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:57 AM   #4023
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
while i wait for my new bits to arrive, i have re-done my diff oil as it was well do to oil change

i tell ya it was dirty inside, like a dark greayish colour


also i have taken on-board the tip Serpantd & Zoom mentioned, now the pics below i need some confirmation!!!

Also do ya put the grease in after the heat shrink has been applied?

Also should i do this to the fronts aswell?


Cheers
Frankie
Dude, it's usually easier to apply the grease first. You don't need to apply any over abundance, you know like a grease zerk when it spews out all over. And if your heat shtink slides forward sort of easy, then you need a smaller size of shrink tubing. Usually the best stuff is at a good eletronics store, it's the softer type that shrinks twice as much as that harder "plastic" type of shrink tubing. I actually had to cut off the one I showed you guys in the pic that I posted. You know that white piece. I couldn't budge that puppy at all. So better to play it safe and find the right size or type of shrink tubing. You might need to try a few different types till you find the right stuff, tons of different ones out there. But try and look for the softer versions like I mentioned. I hope this makes sense bro! It's about 3:40 AM and me brain is getting mushy.

Dude, better yet, come on over and bring you car. (Both of them) and I will get you car set up like you have never seen. You need to invest in some "Serpent" cleaning gum to keep that car spotless at all times. I'll give you some if you can make it over. Just use Mapquest.

Frankie, I am trying to find an article written by Josh Cyrul for the final breakin of your soon to be pride and joy. Afterall Josh is TQ at the Winter Nats currently. So it's a easy and VERY proven method of breakin. I just need to do a little searching, but I'll find it. Unless someone else here knows what I am talking about. It would be easier to send you the link then me describe it myself. So are you comming over or what. Pick up Pattojrn on the way dude! SWEET!!!!! Heres a picture of that cleaning gum that you will learn to fall in love with! Later my friend form way the heck down under!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-cleaning-gum.jpg  
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:04 AM   #4024
Tech Champion
 
black-knight's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Out to lunch
Posts: 6,027
Cool

Well.. ive got 1 week to get the attached ready to race should be great fun.
__________________
Black-Knight - None shall pass!
www.nbhc.com.au - www.facebook.com/smaracing

Last edited by black-knight; 10-14-2008 at 05:14 PM.
black-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:16 AM   #4025
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-knight
Well.. ive got 1 week to get the attached ready to race should be great fun.
Dude, very sweet ride! Where do you race to be using rubber verses foam tires? Just curious. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress and racing. Good luck black-knoght!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:18 AM   #4026
Tech Champion
 
black-knight's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Out to lunch
Posts: 6,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, very sweet ride! Where do you race to be using rubber verses foam tires? Just curious. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress and racing. Good luck black-knoght!
The rubbers are just for storage and electric touring cars
__________________
Black-Knight - None shall pass!
www.nbhc.com.au - www.facebook.com/smaracing
black-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #4027
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, it's usually easier to apply the grease first. You don't need to apply any over abundance, you know like a grease zerk when it spews out all over. And if your heat shtink slides forward sort of easy, then you need a smaller size of shrink tubing. Usually the best stuff is at a good eletronics store, it's the softer type that shrinks twice as much as that harder "plastic" type of shrink tubing. I actually had to cut off the one I showed you guys in the pic that I posted. You know that white piece. I couldn't budge that puppy at all. So better to play it safe and find the right size or type of shrink tubing. You might need to try a few different types till you find the right stuff, tons of different ones out there. But try and look for the softer versions like I mentioned. I hope this makes sense bro! It's about 3:40 AM and me brain is getting mushy.

Dude, better yet, come on over and bring you car. (Both of them) and I will get you car set up like you have never seen. You need to invest in some "Serpent" cleaning gum to keep that car spotless at all times. I'll give you some if you can make it over. Just use Mapquest.

Frankie, I am trying to find an article written by Josh Cyrul for the final breakin of your soon to be pride and joy. Afterall Josh is TQ at the Winter Nats currently. So it's a easy and VERY proven method of breakin. I just need to do a little searching, but I'll find it. Unless someone else here knows what I am talking about. It would be easier to send you the link then me describe it myself. So are you comming over or what. Pick up Pattojrn on the way dude! SWEET!!!!! Heres a picture of that cleaning gum that you will learn to fall in love with! Later my friend form way the heck down under!!!!

Yo bro, 3 in da morning time for some shud eye yo!!! man i been meaning to chat to ya online, but ya never on!! ya must be busy busy....


Hey what ya think of paris racing Tuning Guides? i hear good things here is a good PDF link for anyone to view!!

http://www.nitroreview.com/hintstips...ngTechTips.pdf

As for me Cups, just dd a test tonight just to see the outcome, i shall get a bit smaller size heatshrink, only had the big blue stuff which i think is a bit too big for this JOB!!!

As for the crazy putty, mmmh that i gotta see if my LHS has it!! i got a few things to get to maintain motor but in the mean-time just cross checking everything, stripping it down and cleaning!!!

So that she is all new again....!

Speak soon champ!
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #4028
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-knight
The rubbers are just for storage and electric touring cars
Gotcha! Well bro, keep up the good work my friend.
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:23 AM   #4029
Tech Fanatic
 
Toy000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-knight
Well.. ive got 1 week to get the attached ready to race should be great fun.
Looks sweet im interested to know what you think of the orion motor, i was looking into one a while a go but decided against it because it was fairly new. i know they have had some good write ups but i havent heards any un biased opinions about it
__________________
Motonica.... its just like da Ferrari!

People say i know nothing but I know [email protected]#K ALL!!!!
Toy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:40 AM   #4030
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Yo bro, 3 in da morning time for some shud eye yo!!! man i been meaning to chat to ya online, but ya never on!! ya must be busy busy....


Hey what ya think of paris racing Tuning Guides? i hear good things here is a good PDF link for anyone to view!!

http://www.nitroreview.com/hintstips...ngTechTips.pdf

As for me Cups, just dd a test tonight just to see the outcome, i shall get a bit smaller size heatshrink, only had the big blue stuff which i think is a bit too big for this JOB!!!

As for the crazy putty, mmmh that i gotta see if my LHS has it!! i got a few things to get to maintain motor but in the mean-time just cross checking everything, stripping it down and cleaning!!!

So that she is all new again....!

Speak soon champ!
Yeah bro, I'm ready to call it a night. As far as Paris racing, Ron Paris was more less the GOD of engine tuning and everything else to do with nitro on road engines.

The Last race I attended in Las Vegas back in Oct. was the 5th Paris memorial race in memory of Ron Paris. He was a true icon to this sport. I got to meet him about 7 years ago before he past away. So following everything on that link is PERFECT!!!! I'm so glad you found it and are doing your research. With a proper breakin, you'll have a faster, more dependable motor that lasts for litterally years. I've heard that using over 10 Gallons of fuel is not uncommon at all. I've even heard stories of up to 13 gallons. Is that like 11 or 12 liters? Sorry, they only teach the metric system here in the states for about an hour in 4th grade.

The one thing you will NEED to do to even get that engine to turn over is heat up the head with a hair dryer. The pinch on that motor is unreal. Your piston will get stuck at TDC quite often. Just be persistant. I have heard that the piston can get stuck after 2 gallons through that beast. The only thing I would suggest is to change the con rod every 1-1.5 gallons to get that many miles out of your engine.

I'll check my MSN messanger and see whats up with it. I've been on this pc all night. I just can't type nearly as fast as you bro. But hopefully we can catch up tomorrow my friend. I have tons of tips that I will be giving you. Sweet bro. Take care my friend. LATE!!!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:45 AM   #4031
Tech Fanatic
 
MaDaGAS CAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: RADelaide
Posts: 861
Send a message via MSN to MaDaGAS CAR
Default

WAT MOTOR IS IT??? for some reason u all seem to be talking in code
MaDaGAS CAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:49 AM   #4032
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default RB Websight

Frankie and everyone else, here are the engines I run. It seems as though not too many of you are familliar with RB, the engines range from mild to totally balistic. I've been racing with RB for over 10 years and never had an engine failure, Very fast, consistant and reliable engines! Take a look at the site, it's got some great information regarless of what engine you run. Enjoy!
http://www.rbproducts.com/
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:52 AM   #4033
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDaGAS CAR
WAT MOTOR IS IT??? for some reason u all seem to be talking in code
Sorry dude, the engine I have been refering to is the OS TZ 3 port legal race motor.
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:05 AM   #4034
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Frankie and everyone else, here are the engines I run. It seems as though not too many of you are familliar with RB, the engines range from mild to totally balistic. I've been racing with RB for over 10 years and never had an engine failure, Very fast, consistant and reliable engines! Take a look at the site, it's got some great information regarless of what engine you run. Enjoy!
http://www.rbproducts.com/

Awesome, cant wait to try one of these puppies out.......

as for the previouse post, ill try to type slower

night buddy, peace out man!!!
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:07 AM   #4035
Tech Fanatic
 
MaDaGAS CAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: RADelaide
Posts: 861
Send a message via MSN to MaDaGAS CAR
Default

sweet good to hear

also as ur sayin bout rb engines they are awesome from wat ive heard. i was gona get 1 it was gona be a RB RODAGE SPEEDLINE MATRIX.12 but i went with a max power lc3 instead no regrets though max power is awesome but i will look into it wen i save up some money
MaDaGAS CAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:26 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net