R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-11-2007, 02:33 AM   #3901
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy000
thanks for the days rap up Frankie couldnt have said it better my self thanks again for the help (lost rear dogbone its on order already) and your bro Paul,undoubtably the BEST damn pitman a man could have

i am gonna go cry now.....
Old 02-11-2007, 02:36 AM   #3902
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

quick question guys if any one can help i cant seem to get any on throttle steer its very understeery on power off power its fine the back end is sticking well

People say i know nothing but I know [email protected]#K ALL!!!!
Toy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:47 AM   #3903
Tech Elite

Try moving the caster back for a improvement and possibly outer ackerman position on the upright.

Some good setup info dowmload the XRay setup manual heaps of info.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=2525
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:36 AM   #3904
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For those who didnt see Kosta race today let me give you the facts..........
Fast along the pit straight and into the right hander, dip the nose 3point flip with a tuck followed by a double roll and tuck... repeat every 2nd lap.........

The judges should of scored him a 9.37....

Great entertainment KOsta!
Old 02-11-2007, 03:44 AM   #3905
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to MaDaGAS CAR

u gota admit the first time i did it looked awesome after that it just gave me the s***'s i was lacking steering but in the third race i didnt do it much if not at all. but that thing was launching like a plane
MaDaGAS CAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:48 AM   #3906
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to shano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcskoda
For those who didnt see Kosta race today let me give you the facts..........
Fast along the pit straight and into the right hander, dip the nose 3point flip with a tuck followed by a double roll and tuck... repeat every 2nd lap.........

The judges should of scored him a 9.37....

Great entertainment KOsta!
WELL DONE GUYS TODAY GOOD TO HEAR SOME GOOD RESULTS.Me im dissapointed today that i didnt race but it happens need more run time first.So badly wanted to get up there but no transport at the moment.Real car out of action for week till friday so sunday might go to the track.
shano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:06 AM   #3907
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
Try moving the caster back for a improvement and possibly outer ackerman position on the upright.

Some good setup info dowmload the XRay setup manual heaps of info.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=2525

would standing up the front shocks a little give more side bite???
thanks for the tip razzor

People say i know nothing but I know [email protected]#K ALL!!!!
Toy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:12 AM   #3908
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDaGAS CAR
but that thing was launching like a plane

in the air.....
Old 02-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #3909
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
La Motor had broken a conrod & bent a crank... so my day was done...!

Overal for a first time out racing, i think i did well, best lap for me on the day was 23.8 seconds while the best time on day was 19.8, i was happy to be somewhere what competitive early in da morning!!!

Dont worry ill be back....

Peace Out All
BROOOO! Dude, what happened to your motor to aquire such devastation? That was a farily low mile engine wasn't it? I'm am very sorry to hear about your race day not finishing out so well. What type of engine was it that went up in smoke? You need to invest in an RB engine I might catch some sh!T for that comment, but I run only RB. I now Rody Roem personally, in fact when he was out here in the US at the Paris Memorial race in Vegas this last October, he gave me the very first Matrix motor in the US before it was even on the market to race with. It was a hand tuned Rody Matrix engine that he gave me for the S720 I talk about. I didn't own the G4S at that time. However the motor was a mad man! But Rody is a VERY awesome dude, and his engines are incredible. Sorry for the bragging rights, I do understand that ANY motor has the posibility to malfunction, but I thought you had a sweet power plant in your ride. This to me seems very unusual to give out like that unless it was under full throttle without a load, like the 1st gear fell off or something. I feel bad for your misfortune. If you need any help with an engine, let me know and I might find something laying around for you. Maybe even a new RB! Good luck bro and I hope to see your car on the track VERY soon my friend.

By the way Kodak (Frankie)?, Condradulations with the TM avatars on the TM sight. Now I get to brag about you to others!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #3910
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy000
would standing up the front shocks a little give more side bite???
thanks for the tip razzor

Laying down the shocks would give more side bite but try the different holes on teh shock tower.I found the 2nd from the inside to work best for me or the last hole.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #3911
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
BROOOO! Dude, what happened to your motor to aquire such devastation? That was a farily low mile engine wasn't it? I'm am very sorry to hear about your race day not finishing out so well. What type of engine was it that went up in smoke? You need to invest in an RB engine I might catch some sh!T for that comment, but I run only RB. I now Rody Roem personally, in fact when he was out here in the US at the Paris Memorial race in Vegas this last October, he gave me the very first Matrix motor in the US before it was even on the market to race with. It was a hand tuned Rody Matrix engine that he gave me for the S720 I talk about. I didn't own the G4S at that time. However the motor was a mad man! But Rody is a VERY awesome dude, and his engines are incredible. Sorry for the bragging rights, I do understand that ANY motor has the posibility to malfunction, but I thought you had a sweet power plant in your ride. This to me seems very unusual to give out like that unless it was under full throttle without a load, like the 1st gear fell off or something. I feel bad for your misfortune. If you need any help with an engine, let me know and I might find something laying around for you. Maybe even a new RB! Good luck bro and I hope to see your car on the track VERY soon my friend.

By the way Kodak (Frankie)?, Condradulations with the TM avatars on the TM sight. Now I get to brag about you to others!!!

Hey Champ,

Well not sure when it let go, i think comeing off the long straight into the right coner i had a minor roll just after the corner as i went wide. The car itself then had flame out, and marshall had raced the car back to my pit man "brother paul" he placed on starter box and they could'nt start it.... They where saying my starter box is dead flat, but as i ran down "cursing, yelling and growling" i moved the flywheel to notice lock up, " I was DEVOED" as i lunched something!

Then i took back to to the pit sheds, opend it up to find the bottom conrod broken in two pieces....

Then inspected the rest of motor, and noticed the crank also bent.....

The motor i had was a second hand motor, rather new still and well looked after, its a MEGA .12ZX "i shit ya not this motor had Balls with a 2630 Nova pipe, little slugish down low but plenty TOP!!!

Overal, ill be out for 6 weeks as funds for new motor need to be saved, but as for a motor, may go with an Nova LS3 to suit pipe 2630. i want to spend around $400 AUD dollars i cant really afford any higher!!!

If anyone got ideas, tips, whats good, whats bad, also what will last, what is reliable etc, please post away!

I think i just had a major FREAK accident that locked the rears up and snap on impact!!!

Here is something for all you to think about:

When i inspected the car just after the crash, broken motor, i did noticed the clucth float all locked up! " what i mean is that i had no end play on the bell side or thrust bearing, keep in mind i do check this every heat and every run i do!!!

Very Very strange, in how it all seeized up on that side.... as i took everything off, it all looked fine, anyways i let you experts pick ya brains over it....

Help a brother get back on track fast...........

Regards
Frankie
Old 02-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #3912
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hi all
I had an up an down day racing in adelaide yesterday
ended up running 6th in the a main ( congrats to rob toy000 ) who ran 3rd
striped 2 2nd gears one in qual. and one in the A final so i finshed the last 12 min of the a main in first gear
only just mayed the A final 10th possie because in the b main lost the steering arm of the steering bell striped the ball out of the bell manage to put it back in got back but it came straight back off within 2 laps
so had to limp (just about no steering and about 20kmh max) it home as only 3 finish and the top 3 bumped up to the A main
so not a bad day concidering me probs i had
so g4s,s (in south austraila) 3rd and 6th for the day were on the move i reckon

does anyone think that we could use a different attachment of the steering arms to the bell as i didnt get to much of a knock to pull that out
any ideas guys
broke my body at practise had to whip up a new one in couple of hour up till midnite before raceday to finish
paul
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-candy-orange.jpg  

Last edited by Gascar 24; 02-11-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Gascar 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #3913
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak

The motor i had was a second hand motor, rather new still and well looked after, its a MEGA .12ZX "i shit ya not this motor had Balls with a 2630 Nova pipe, little slugish down low but plenty TOP!!!

Frankie
I won't touch a zx 12 after all the broken rod's i've seen with this engine. At my local track, 50% of zx 12's broke the rod. At one point at the end of summer, the 3 or 4 guys that did buy a zx12, it had 2 rods in the package from Mega. I guess they have a problem of which they are aware of directly at the factory.
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #3914
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesd
I won't touch a zx 12 after all the broken rod's i've seen with this engine. At my local track, 50% of zx 12's broke the rod. At one point at the end of summer, the 3 or 4 guys that did buy a zx12, it had 2 rods in the package from Mega. I guess they have a problem of which they are aware of directly at the factory.

cheers for the feed back, ws thinking of rebuild, but i think not now....
Old 02-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #3915
Tech Elite

Kodak Hodak

Sorry to hear about your motor Hodak.What kind of grease do you use on the thrust bearing? Seams a strange problem you found with not having any play after.
Maybe the bent crank had something to do with it.......took out the 0.001" end play you had set up with.
There are some great motors around that put out some serious power. It'll be nice for you to have the choice Kodak.
Best of luck

Gascar 24

Hey paul,
Great job over the weekend keeping the car going and managing to get a very descent resalt at the end of the day
I know what your saying about the "pop-on.....pop-off" ball cups on the steering bell. Maybe the screw down type would work better.

Wish I could post pictures of what I mean but I'm on work pc so restricted

Well, I'm all set with a nice new G4s, new Nova Rossi 12-3CT and all, ready to fly!
Good news and Bad news on the weather front.......................
The cold snap we had here seams to be comming to a close. No more -20 Degrees F
Bad news is.............were under 3ft of snow now with the forecasters saying we got more comming
Will I ever be able to get this car out..

We can only hope soon.There's only so much practice you can do with electric TC.

Menace