R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #3736
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
black Body car's running line is good!

But.. red.... em... ^^

Red thats me LOL " hey its my second time on track" but i am getting the hang of it, and having fun at the same time....
Old 02-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #3737
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynmech
Thats a good hack but 3-racing has a direct fit. I put it on my G4S, down side is that you have to get it from Hong Kong. Any body know how to mod the sway bars, like the European national car had?
Dude I think gansei has that rear sway bar mod posted on here somewhere. Maybe he can post it again? I actually could use that info as well. It loooks simple, Like make 2 "slots" on the underside of the rear bulkhead brace, or put the slots on the top of the rear bulkheads themselves, then drill holes in your lower A arms and put in the pillow balls. Then just put your linkage together with the two ball cups and short tie rods like on all the other cars out there. Does this make sence?

Hey Gansei, is this about right? We need your help here my friend. Plus, what size of sway bar do you suggest to start with? I'm not familliar with their (Mugen) diameters of sway bar? Thanks bro!

Untill we here from gansei, that is how I would do it. But we might want to wait for someone like gansei who has already done the mod. Good luck!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #3738
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Red thats me LOL " hey its my second time on track" but i am getting the hang of it, and having fun at the same time....
Crap bro...for your second time on the track you are doing AWESOME!!!! Just keep practicing and you'll begin to tighten up your lines. And like you said for your first race comming up, you just want to finish. Race your own race, and let the others race theirs. Once the competitive emotion kicks in you might try and race the other cars. Sort of like...if someone passes you and you try and stay on their heals and want to keep up...DON'T DO IT!!!!! Just let them go and race your race. Trying to "out race" someone usually leads to breaking. So let the others break while you run YOUR race. I hope that all made sence Kodak. Good luck my friend!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #3739
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Crap bro...for your second time on the track you are doing AWESOME!!!! Just keep practicing and you'll begin to tighten up your lines. And like you said for your first race comming up, you just want to finish. Race your own race, and let the others race theirs. Once the competitive emotion kicks in you might try and race the other cars. Sort of like...if someone passes you and you try and stay on their heals and want to keep up...DON'T DO IT!!!!! Just let them go and race your race. Trying to "out race" someone usually leads to breaking. So let the others break while you run YOUR race. I hope that all made sence Kodak. Good luck my friend!

Gotcha with a capital G... Totally understand.....! thou i did have 42 shores all round so it wasnt as tight as early in the day with 38 shores, basicaly i was out of tires and had some second hand ons to keep me on the track for some group action with Toy000.

I need more steer, what position is the steering link located on the hub? hole 1 or outer hole 2?

cheers
Old 02-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #3740
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Gotcha with a capital G... Totally understand.....! thou i did have 42 shores all round so it wasnt as tight as early in the day with 38 shores, basicaly i was out of tires and had some second hand ons to keep me on the track for some group action with Toy000.

I need more steer, what position is the steering link located on the hub? hole 1 or outer hole 2?

cheers
Hey Frankie, you can narrow your track width up front to 197 or 196, and try castor changes, see if this helps as well. catch up later dude.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #3741
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

cheers
Dude, I have mine on hole number 1 (the hole on the inside that is closer to the front of the car). I did notice on the video that you could use more steering, at least initial turn in. How was you turning with the 38 shore all the way around? Also, what is your front toe setting at and what springs are you useing in the front and rear? Oh yeah, what oils are you running in your diffs?

It looks like you just need some fine tuning which takes both time and practice. But you'll get there. And once you do, your car will be very easy to drive and you can basically put it anywhere on the track as far as handleing wise goes. We want to make sure that your car is VERY predictable and you can set up for a corner how ever you want, instead of learning to drive the car with the push or other ill effect all cars can encounter. It's amazing how many people stop or get stuck at a certain point of suspention tuning and just drive their car thinking that this is the best it will get. This is where the ultra fine tuning comes in. Just need to have some patients and ask questions if your not sure on what to do. So ask away, that's what we're here for. And yes, I knew that the red body was yours because you posted your paint job on here! Anyway, talk with you soon bro!!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #3742
Tech Fanatic

Default [AGAIN] Mugen Rear Anti-Roll Bar with Tie Rod & Cup MOD

[T0159] REAR ANTI-ROLL BAR 2.1mm(but i am mainly using 2.2mm,2.3mm)
[H0856] STABILIZER LINK BALL

[H0857] TURN BUCKLE ROD (22mm)
(or kyosho titanum 20mm turn buckle rod)

and.. 5.8mm ball end, 5.8mm ball(serpent)

trill on sus arm by 2.5mm drill tip.

and put on headless 3mm bolt.

make a 2.5mm line under Brake Bracket by trill or other tool
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-sany0001.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0002.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0003.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0004.jpg  

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #3743
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude I think gansei has that rear sway bar mod posted on here somewhere. Maybe he can post it again? I actually could use that info as well. It loooks simple, Like make 2 "slots" on the underside of the rear bulkhead brace, or put the slots on the top of the rear bulkheads themselves, then drill holes in your lower A arms and put in the pillow balls. Then just put your linkage together with the two ball cups and short tie rods like on all the other cars out there. Does this make sence?

Hey Gansei, is this about right? We need your help here my friend. Plus, what size of sway bar do you suggest to start with? I'm not familliar with their (Mugen) diameters of sway bar? Thanks bro!

Untill we here from gansei, that is how I would do it. But we might want to wait for someone like gansei who has already done the mod. Good luck!
i frequently used 2.2mm and 2.3mm Mugen sway bar.

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #3744
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
i frequently used 2.2mm and 2.3mm Mugen sway bar.
Thank you very much gansei for re posting all this information. It definately helps me out and I'm sure plenty of others. Your awesome bro!!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #3745
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to shano
Default Hey mate

How ya going frankie so my batteries went well i guess!!! thats god just remember ill grab em of you sunday.Hey y got any vid of my car on the track?Hey i worked out why my car was slidy as hell in the rear i lost that little cup thing that sits the end of the rear sway bar and its made my car soft as hell in the rear.Hey and cheers for the front oneway diff cup

Quote:
Video Prac 2 Kodak Hodak & Toy000 G4S

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...t=MVI_1651.flv

Enjoy......... Rob "Toy000" sorry for the shunt LOL i am NEW remeber
shano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #3746
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
black Body car's running line is good!

But.. red.... em... ^^

Mine is the black bodied car, thanks for the compliment it means a lot coming from a pro such as yourself

as you can see its not entirely black the other car in the pic is my Hobao gpx 4 pro im running a two car team just in case i have a bad day i can switch cars, saves going home entirely dissapointed why destroy one car when you can do both of them

Gotta love Pauls comment (Frankies bro) on the vid. "Frankie loves hitting people man!" LMAO!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-pict0038.jpg   Team Magic G4-pict0026.jpg  

People say i know nothing but I know [email protected]#K ALL!!!!

Last edited by Toy000; 02-03-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Toy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #3747
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano
How ya going frankie so my batteries went well i guess!!! thats god just remember ill grab em of you sunday.Hey y got any vid of my car on the track?Hey i worked out why my car was slidy as hell in the rear i lost that little cup thing that sits the end of the rear sway bar and its made my car soft as hell in the rear.Hey and cheers for the front oneway diff cup

Shane one thing i over looked while setting up my car was the track width. i inadvertantly screwed the rear adjusters in too far and my rear track width was down to 196 mm and the front 198mm. I adjusted the rear to 200mm and the front i left at 198 mm. Stupid mistake i know, but now the thing is nailed to the track i have to really provoke it to make it slide.

People say i know nothing but I know [email protected]#K ALL!!!!
Toy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #3748
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano

yeah battery is fine man, and its out of car as we speak, even charged it full for you....!

Cheers for the lend man, as it helpped resolve the problem yesterday!!!

Toy000 - yes my bro is a tripper LOL
Old 02-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #3749
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickvanovs
because of the flood in jakarta i finally able to take pics of my g4s.

my 2nd body so far and the first that i painted my self

last week i tried to change the roll bar as gansei suggest but i couldnt find kawahara for rrr so i try the kawahara for mtx4 and it fit well. havent try it with engine installed as i leave my engine in my LHS.

also i couldnt find the serpent fuel tank mount. so i cut the original mount then stick it to the upper receiver tray with super glue and 1.5mm screw.

some more pics of the roll bar

thanks for the idea gansei
you have done well, i bet your itchin to get it ready for test day just a tip, i found the Standard battery pack with spektrum not so good man, most of us down under have replaced to the 1000 spec, holds better voltage and less issues in glitches and runaways!!!

enjoy my friend
Old 02-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #3750
Tech Adept

Hmmm...

I am surprised you are mentioning problems with the original battery...

I have been racing with both items and KO Propo, Futaba and Airtronics digital servos with no glitches or voltage fading.

Did you charge it at 0.4 Amps for the first few times when out of the box?

also, our mains are 40 mins long and I previously run my car for at least another 5 mins...
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote