R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-03-2007, 12:27 AM   #3721
Tech Elite

Hi All,

So, due to the S*%$* (not so good ) weather we've had here. Not been able to test out the new car yet.
Whats the latest set up idea's on the clutch using the new black 1.8mm clutch spring?

Thanks for the help pps.

Menace
Old 02-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #3722
Tech Regular

How do you guys fill up your shocks with oil?

It does take me several tries to get it just right. I usually fill it with oil, then move the piston up and down a few times to get rid of air, then let it sit for a few minutes. Then I put the cap on. If I put too much oil, the shaft doesn't go up, if there is not enough oil, then I can hear squeeks. Just when I think I got it right, the rebound rates are different from one shock to another. Theres got to be an easier way.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #3723
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace
Hi All,

So, due to the S*%$* (not so good ) weather we've had here. Not been able to test out the new car yet.
Whats the latest set up idea's on the clutch using the new black 1.8mm clutch spring?

Thanks for the help pps.

Menace
Dude, I feel your pain!!!! Are you excperiencing the super cold weather along with snow? It actually hasn't snowed that much in the last 3 or 4 weeks. But since it's been so cold (always below 32 degrees F), normally about 10-20 degrees F in the day and well below ZERO after the sun goes down so the snow doesn't melt and it's just plain cold as HELL! Dude, it sucks. I can only play with my slot car track for so long. Hang in there bro!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:07 AM   #3724
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

For the black 1.8mm TM clutch spring, I have been running :

Red Weights with 2 of the old (G4 Evo) brass weights, this is the same weight as 1 steel UFO weight.

Red Clutch Shoe
1 mm tension on spring
0.6 gap
0.1mm End play

This isnt in really high grip, for that maybe just a slightly bigger gap, I havent tested this yet. It may need a bit more weight behind it for bigger gaps......

I would say that the red shoe is harder wearing, but I think that it gives a little more slips as it engages.

Hope this helps.
muppet racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:09 AM   #3725
Tech Elite

Default Clutch

Thanks Daz,
Gives me something to start things out with.

Serpentd: Your right there. All I can do is keep spending money on her to get ready for the season.....plus it makes me feel better

Menace
Old 02-03-2007, 04:42 AM   #3726
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi,

For the black 1.8mm TM clutch spring, I have been running :

IHope this helps.
Hey Daz
i think its time for a new avatar, should have a chat to my mate Frankie, He makes em Good he does.

and D nitro, i think Tom wishes he was that young now hey ?
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:47 AM   #3727
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Hey guys, I forgot to show you a picture of my "Winter" mobile. Sorry, I'm usually a bit zoned out by the time I get on here. It still needs a paint job, but here she is. I'm thinking about putting a small snow plow on the front so I would enjoy shoveling the driveway. You got to understand that I am an RC junky, so I still like to get the "play" kits as well as the "Race" kits. I actually just counted what I have, hold on to your shorts, 78 built kits, 22 still in the box kits and about 29 toy rc (Like Radio Shack) 43 Zip Zaps and 12 X-mods . This doesn't include my 9 planes including a F-16 Jet an 1 mini hellicoptor. I stopped looking around the house because I was feeling a bit woozy after realizing how much money I have spent on all this stuff. I also have 93 unpainted bodies. I use to do custom airbrushing, well I still do, just not 4 bodies a week. I only mentioed all of this because Kodak asked a simple question. Dude I HATE growing up and having responsibility. I just want to RC!!!!!! But then again, my responsibility with my Mortgage Co has paid for all this stuff. Where can I find the balance??? I'll post a few pics of my sickness.

I would love to come down and hang with you Aussie dudes (Pattojnr, Kodak, etc.) then make my way up to Japan and say hi to gansei. Hell, I want to race with all of you guys. After looking at the other threads...whether it's Serpent, Kyosho, Xray or whatever, I trully believe that us G4Sers have the BEST group of guys around! Plus where would some of us be without good ole Raceday Hobbies...THANKS SAM!!!!

Anyway guys, thanks for all of your support and comments. I look forward to getting on here and seeing how everyones progressing. And of course gansei's awesome vids!!! Later my friends!
H O L L Y M O L L Y - man, that is way too crazy... but cool!!! I think that snow plower, get it running, use it to make a race track out the front, then get one of your buggies, slap some minni wheel chains and punch it around the track...

Gotta give you credit man, O yeah if ya need hands on building kits, send them down here, i am sure i do my very best to build and TEST

Yeah this sport is a BUZZ, thats for sure we had a good day today, many laps in for round 2 prac on the G4S, Toy000 had no more glitches = "Thank GOD"

I had a few little gremlins in my Reciver Battery pack, the only drama of the day, basically the battery VOLTS was low as 5.2v and this made the car go to fail safe mode some how its weird as it only supose to work on when the radio is off or losses connection, "BUT i added a new battery pack from forum member "SHANO" cheers champ worked a dream...! All i did in the end was re-bind the radio to receiver and i was back in busniess.

New change for the track here in Little Hampton was 38 Shores all round, and Negative 4 degrees camber!!!!

Tire wear even slight inners on all fours tab conical.

Overall i am happy on the lines for a beginner, and the Mega is well quick up top!!!

Looking forward to my very first race, the main goal is to finish it to the end, placing will come on how many survive and how many races on the day!

For now ill post prac 2 on little later to finally see how i drive, "warning" i am a tab rusty

Enjoy, and enjoy what ya luv - G4S BUZZ
Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 AM   #3728
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Video Prac 2 Kodak Hodak & Toy000 G4S

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...t=MVI_1651.flv

Enjoy......... Rob "Toy000" sorry for the shunt LOL i am NEW remeber
Old 02-03-2007, 05:58 AM   #3729
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

well done frankie
looked good anyone the shunts robbie off is my mate hes to fast for us
u can call giving him a handicap lol

paul
Gascar 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #3730
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascar 24
well done frankie
looked good anyone the shunts robbie off is my mate hes to fast for us
u can call giving him a handicap lol

paul

Oi

People say i know nothing but I know [email protected]#K ALL!!!!
Toy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:12 AM   #3731
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy000
Oi
Oi indeed
man after the drinks i have had tonight, you are blinding me with that green writing in your sig, it sorta annoys you so much you just have to try and read it. and when you do it says something about a hyper 12, man frieghtening it is
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #3732
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ickvanovs

because of the flood in jakarta i finally able to take pics of my g4s.

my 2nd body so far and the first that i painted my self

last week i tried to change the roll bar as gansei suggest but i couldnt find kawahara for rrr so i try the kawahara for mtx4 and it fit well. havent try it with engine installed as i leave my engine in my LHS.

also i couldnt find the serpent fuel tank mount. so i cut the original mount then stick it to the upper receiver tray with super glue and 1.5mm screw.

some more pics of the roll bar

thanks for the idea gansei
ickvanovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #3733
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Video Prac 2 Kodak Hodak & Toy000 G4S

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...t=MVI_1651.flv

Enjoy......... Rob "Toy000" sorry for the shunt LOL i am NEW remeber
black Body car's running line is good!

But.. red.... em... ^^

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #3734
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickvanovs
because of the flood in jakarta i finally able to take pics of my g4s.

my 2nd body so far and the first that i painted my self

last week i tried to change the roll bar as gansei suggest but i couldnt find kawahara for rrr so i try the kawahara for mtx4 and it fit well. havent try it with engine installed as i leave my engine in my LHS.

also i couldnt find the serpent fuel tank mount. so i cut the original mount then stick it to the upper receiver tray with super glue and 1.5mm screw.

some more pics of the roll bar

thanks for the idea gansei
good mod!

the rollbar will protect your engine by upset crash.

and very easy to carry G4S!

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #3735
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Roll bar

Thats a good hack but 3-racing has a direct fit. I put it on my G4S, down side is that you have to get it from Hong Kong. Any body know how to mod the sway bars, like the European national car had?
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote