Old 01-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #3436
Tech Adept

Thants great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer from sam per mail :

Hi Marc,

Yes someone else said it was down. I missed it, when I got on today it
was there. So not sure why.

Marc

Last edited by g4-racing.de; 01-18-2007 at 11:15 AM.
g4-racing.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #3437
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast
That's great news... I just checked myself and it is back up....

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #3438
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDaGAS CAR
u and every other g4s owner
Thats for sure
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #3439
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
if you scan G4S manual to jpg file (not PDF), file size will be much reduced.
Thanks Gansei Ill try that ,just a tedious job to scan though.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #3440
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
From the way it appears... Sam/aka/Raceday Hobbies has not posted anything since 1-8-07... Let's hope everything is ok and if anyone has brought/ordered anything from raceday hobbies in the past... You should have his email address and hobby shop phone number. Shoot him an email and or phone call to see what's up about the webpage... There should not be nothing to it... But since there is a world wide following here for the G4S... The info and webpage is important... No rumors needed... Just the clear and correct facts...02

RC_Alan
i dont know why you guys couldnt get on the site ? at no time was i directed to any horse racing or error pages. Sam has been very busy, thats why maybe he hasnt posted for a bit. but Racedays is alive and well. things to report from racedays is the new M1-B TM buggy team. id have to say Sam has been working hard to secure the services from Paul Coleman to drive the new TM buggy for the racedays team. maybe this is why Sam hasnt posted for a bit. but all is well.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #3441
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys. With resoldering the battery pack, has anyone come up with a good shrinkwrapping method to recover the pack? My old G4 Evo had the battery pack covered in electrical tape - I don't think this is good enough for my new pride and joy!
Teehomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #3442
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i dont know why you guys couldnt get on the site ? at no time was i directed to any horse racing or error pages. Sam has been very busy, thats why maybe he hasnt posted for a bit. but Racedays is alive and well. things to report from racedays is the new M1-B TM buggy team. id have to say Sam has been working hard to secure the services from Paul Coleman to drive the new TM buggy for the racedays team. maybe this is why Sam hasnt posted for a bit. but all is well.
READ MY POST CLEARLY... I said please no rumors... I too like many others at the time got redirected... The Web page was down... I had the correct link to Raceday hobbies and the site was off line... I have met Sam in person, have race with him during the 2006 Nats and have done business with him in the past... I have no reason to post incorrect information... By the time you went to check out Sam's webpage, it was back online... Take a step back from you guys... If peeps are posting there concerns it's because they care about Sam, Raceday hobbies and the G4S... I am as I am sure everyone here is happy that all is well and that no false rumors were posted... Looking forward to hearing how Paul Coleman feels about the M1-B... Great driver and great looking buggy...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #3443
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teehomo
Hey guys. With resoldering the battery pack, has anyone come up with a good shrinkwrapping method to recover the pack? My old G4 Evo had the battery pack covered in electrical tape - I don't think this is good enough for my new pride and joy!
I just did mine this morning. Your gonna have to use a little bit of electrical tape for the edges only. I used 1.5 inch rap because 1" didnt fit.

nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #3444
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teehomo
You can get large pieces that they use for when you make 6-packs and stuff for electric rc battery packs. Should be the perfect size from what I am looking at that I have here at the house. You can get clear and misc. colors. However I haven't ran accross any silver. But black would be cool. Just try your LHS if you have one. I'll keep an eye out for some silver.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #3445
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, that is WIERD!?!?! I get horse racing too?

As far as the PDF file, can you ZIP it to compress the file?

Hey KODAK, I think you are the one I have to thank for the new KILLER avatar! Thank you very much! Just in case anyone wanted to know, I haven't posted in a while, just been reading...but my old avatar was the pentagram with the strange symbols in the middle. So thanks again Kodak!

I plan on doing some custom painting soon on some shells, so I will keep all posted. It's about all I can do since I live in Colorado (SNOW and COLD!!!!). It's been about 0 degrees F. durring the day and about 20 below 0 after the sun goes down. Such a bummer.

I can't wait to let the guys on the S720 thread see my avatar since I have a Serpent too. So when I do race (Mainly G4S!!!!!) I will note the differences I see between the two cars. I'm new to touring, but have raced 1:8th scale for about 7 or 8 years along with the older 235mm cars. By the way, I ended up with the S720 because I needed a car quick for a race and that was when all the distribution problems were happening here in the US with Team Magic. I LOVE my G4S's!!!!!!!! I plan on having one for stock and the other for outlaw and my third one to just look at

Well, sorry to ramble on, keep the tips and tricks coming!!! Later Guys!

Your welcome..... the more the merry, its funny what i created and now looking on the thread its avatar CRAZEEEEEE....
Old 01-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #3446
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Your welcome..... the more the merry, its funny what i created and now looking on the thread its avatar CRAZEEEEEE....
Yes it is BRO!!!!! You made this thread shine and look cool as hell!!! Your the man!!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #3447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I just did mine this morning. Your gonna have to use a little bit of electrical tape for the edges only. I used 1.5 inch rap because 1" didnt fit.

just be careful the top deck does not bend or bow, as this will effect the tweak, "some birdy" advised me this.

i do recall when using electrical tape heavy it would bolt on flat to the car, so i had to unwrapped and limit on the amount of electrical tape.

yes i could have shrink wrapped, but wasnt shore what size would suit best.

electrical is fine, just monitor it i guess....!

last night gave the pack a good 10 hour charge and all well, not drams, no defects, only track & test time will see the real out come if problems arrise.

but i think it will be good, all areas have been checked and modified.

if theres other mods, or special tips for the G4S, Bloody POST AWAY!!!

the little things do matter....

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 01-18-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #3448
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
READ MY POST CLEARLY... I said please no rumors... I too like many others at the time got redirected... The Web page was down... I had the correct link to Raceday hobbies and the site was off line... I have met Sam in person, have race with him during the 2006 Nats and have done business with him in the past... I have no reason to post incorrect information... By the time you went to check out Sam's webpage, it was back online... Take a step back from you guys... If peeps are posting there concerns it's because they care about Sam, Raceday hobbies and the G4S... I am as I am sure everyone here is happy that all is well and that no false rumors were posted... Looking forward to hearing how Paul Coleman feels about the M1-B... Great driver and great looking buggy...

RC_Alan
whats the Problem man, what i said werent rumours. all true facts and i used your quote by accident i guess. but at no time was i redirected or got a error message. all TRUE no rumours here. so chill out
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #3449
Tech Fanatic

Another trick you can do is just Shoe Goo the entire pack. I do this to my 1:8th scale and other nitro cars and NEVER had a problem. Plus it's very clear so you can see your soldering joints. Makes it entirely waterproof also. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #3450
Tech Adept

I missed all the excitemt!!! When I got into the office and on the computer I got all these emails saying I wasn't up. I went to my site and there she is??? I am not sure why it went to horse racing or something like that!! lol I am here alive and well.

Actually doing very well. As RC_Allan pointed out Raceday Hobbies is overly pleased to have Paul Coleman drive for us and he will drive the new M1-B 1/8th Nitro Buggy. Paul is world renown for his driving and R& D skills and knowledge. He will be a great asset to all of Racedays Customers.

I will get Paul driving a G4S this summer as well. I just have to remind him constantly that having four wheels in the air is a bad thing!!!

Sorry I haven't been able to see what had been happening here lately. The m1 has created a lot of work on the website as well as the warehouse.

I am working on getting a new modified engine line as well, that hopefully, I will be happy to introduce in about 2 weeks.

I have the Radical engines in now as well. Many will know them from the off road 621 version. They have a new 721 .21 engine and coming a .12 version. These are all versions that have equal horsepower and longevity of high priced engines, however at affordable prices. I believe the hobby needs this so everyone doesn't have to spend big bucks just to have a "chance" to win. Let try driving skills as well! I have none, but it sounds like a good idea to me!

Okay, I am off the band wagon as they say now. I am getting caught up now, so I will show up and show off my cool avatar more often !
G4S'er is offline   Reply With Quote